Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You've got to get a dishwasher.

Don't get me started on the reason we're not allowed to put the "new" pans in the dishwasher. The reason is... they are new! They are made of stainless effing steel for gawds sake what on earth can happen to them... She doesn't care 

Dishwashers are also crap at wine glasses (well ours is)

Oh and the missus uses way more stuff than can actually fit in it

cook and wash as you go is the way forward, especially when doing a big old meal requiring all sorts of tools and dishes. If I end up leaving it until "the end of the meal", it ends being done at the end of the week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ready made mash: I can’t be bothered to peel and cut and boil a handful of spuds just to make some mash for myself. It takes 20 minutes, involves washing up at least 4 things and wastes my butter and milk for something just to bulk a meal out. It’s too much effort for a side dish, it’s never the main attraction. It’s a quid at the one stop which i can walk to in 4 minutes. It’s a quid. It tastes the same. Literally no different. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Literally no different. 

I bet if you read the ingredients on instant crap like that, there's literally quite a difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paying for petrol, decided on this occasion to pay in cash in the shop bit as I’ve acquired a few notes and I’d rather keep the money in my account.

Anyway, the cost is £32.84, I hand over two twenty pound notes and try and help out with the change by giving a further 90 pence.

Of course, the woman behind the till gives me 6 pence in change and closes the till and prints off a receipt immediately. 

After a short discussion, I somehow end up being given £10.06 in change, which when I say that’s still wrong (in my favour), I’m told it doesn’t matter.

What annoys me is the feeling I get like I’m trying to rip them off, even when I know I’m in the right. Oh well. Back to paying at pump from now on. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I hate the way dishwashers make glasses feel.

This is a significant part of the reason I'll never have one.

You could just use it for everything except glasses?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

When I type of AVFC on google to get to the official site, the first link I get is "AVFC on Twitter"

I don't give two fooks what some shithead has got to say on twitter.

Just happened to me with a record shop, I wanted their website to order something not their twitter feed

The wife cooks, I wash up. I love it. The bigger the mess, the longer it takes, the better. It's my chance to listen to music, uninterrupted. Currently: that new/old Primal Scream thing. 

• Like 3

Must have been said by now, but radio DJ’s talking over the endings of songs. Not even the very end, more the last 30 or more seconds.

I was really looking forward to humming the outro guitar but on New Order’s “Regret”, properly gearing up to it. But noooooo, we can’t have me actually enjoying the best bit of the song, the DJ needs to drone mindlessly on because he can’t wait for half a minute.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a show on called "Eat Well for Less"

That fat guy off of masterchef and some other dude show people how to eat healthier and spend a lot less.

It's not bad. The usual collection of morons are on it "Oh I didn't know if I bought a cheaper cereal that I would save money"
It's not hard, dipshit.

Anyway, what pisses me off is they swap a load of their shopping for cheaper varieties, but they go to about a dozen different supermarkets.
So at the end they say "if you make all these swaps you'll save £2,000 a year!"

Yeah, they will. But they'll spend about 5 grand a year going to every supermarket in the country to get all the random shite you've given them

Don't they do stuff about cooking from scratch rather than just substitute shopping?

Don't they make a point about brand v own brand (or lesser brand)?

Don't they talk about things like actually looking at the prices of things, looking at multi-buys as well as looking at things like price per unit?

I'm a little surprised at the sneering. It's not your M.O..

Edited by snowychap

Â