Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Must have been said by now, but radio DJ’s talking over the endings of songs. Not even the very end, more the last 30 or more seconds.

Yep, I've posted about this in the past. The yappy, boy/girl presenters who are SO "zany" just have to witter on about inane drivel.

More serious stations like absolute radio are pretty good. Seem to be more knowledgeable and proper presenters who'd rather talk about upcoming gigs and back catalogues than drone on about Kim Kardashian and her latest nip slip or love island.

Sarah Champion being my fave ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Don't they do stuff about cooking from scratch rather than just substitute shopping?

Don't they make a point about brand v own brand (or lesser brand)?

Don't they talk about things like actually looking at the prices of things, looking at multi-buys as well as looking at things like price per unit?

I'm a little surprised at the sneering. It's not your M.O..

Yes they do.

I wasn't being entirely serious, as is the usual tone of this thread.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BOF said:

NSFW language :)

as soon as saw "eat well for less" i had " let me drink this custard" come in to my head

on that MF set, think i said it at the time, the audio is shit, big echoey arena, got it really wrong and i find it hard to watch

Unspecific time references.

An out of office: "I'm out of the office until tomorrow"

A sign on the side of the road: "Car boot sale this Sunday!"

Well how do I know when you put that out of office on? Have you remembered to turn it off? 

When did that car boot sale sign go up? Have you left it up by accident and the boot sale was actually last week? Give me a date!

(Snowychap disclaimer: no I'm not entirely serious. I realise that you rely on the subjects putting these things up and taking them down at the right time. It's really not a big deal)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Unspecific time references.

An out of office: "I'm out of the office until tomorrow"

A sign on the side of the road: "Car boot sale this Sunday!"

Well how do I know when you put that out of office on? Have you remembered to turn it off? 

When did that car boot sale sign go up? Have you left it up by accident and the boot sale was actually last week? Give me a date!

Yes! Similar to files at work being saved as things like "New holiday spreadsheet". Really? Because this looks like last years.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

(Snowychap disclaimer: no I'm not entirely serious. I realise that you rely on the subjects putting these things up and taking them down at the right time. It's really not a big deal)

:lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I've given up "helping" people with this kind of thing. I've deduced that the till operators don't use their brains, or do maths, they prefer typing in to the till and reading what it says and then fishing out the resultant number of coins. For a £3.75 pint, they'd rather me give them a fiver and then they type in £5 and get told fish out £1 + 2 x 10p + 1 x 5p, then me give them 5.75 and them have to work out they need to give me a £2 coin.

Don't help till people. It doesn't work.

Yep same.

Unless they ask me for the extra money (i.e. they display that they know what they're doing) then I don't bother.

Although the amount of times I pay in cash for anything is seriously dwindling these days.

21 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Paying for petrol, decided on this occasion to pay in cash in the shop bit as I’ve acquired a few notes and I’d rather keep the money in my account.

Anyway, the cost is £32.84, I hand over two twenty pound notes and try and help out with the change by giving a further 90 pence.

Of course, the woman behind the till gives me 6 pence in change and closes the till and prints off a receipt immediately. 

After a short discussion, I somehow end up being given £10.06 in change, which when I say that’s still wrong (in my favour), I’m told it doesn’t matter.

What annoys me is the feeling I get like I’m trying to rip them off, even when I know I’m in the right. Oh well. Back to paying at pump from now on. 

but thats just silly. 

i understand if you gave £2.90 extra across, but 90p extra doesn't really help!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

but thats just silly. 

i understand if you gave £2.90 extra across, but 90p extra doesn't really help!

Probably not. But in the moment, it felt like giving her the opportunity to give £8.06 in change was an easier alternative for her, as opposed to £7.16 it could have been.

(That paragraph would look more at home in the boring thread)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine someone walking in and asking what you were doing? :D

"I'm taking a picture of this mashed potato to make a point on a football forum!"

"Sooooo, you're really not a fan of Steve Bruce ay? The Potato headed bastard." 

• Like 1

Â