Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine someone walking in and asking what you were doing? :D

"I'm taking a picture of this mashed potato to make a point on a football forum!"

My OH and her lad move in with me in a few weeks so I’m ok to do weird stuff like this for a little bit. Otherwise yeah lol ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

My OH and her lad move in with me in a few weeks so I’m ok to do weird stuff like this for a little bit. Otherwise yeah lol ? 

It took a long time for me to let the OH know about VillaTalk and all the stuff that goes on with it.

She thought it was weird for ages.

I think she's finally made peace with it now that @TheAuthority has helped us out with New York plans!

• Like 1

On 15/10/2018 at 15:05, Ingram85 said:

Ready made mash: I can’t be bothered to peel and cut and boil a handful of spuds just to make some mash for myself. It takes 20 minutes, involves washing up at least 4 things and wastes my butter and milk for something just to bulk a meal out. It’s too much effort for a side dish, it’s never the main attraction. It’s a quid at the one stop which i can walk to in 4 minutes. It’s a quid. It tastes the same. Literally no different. 

I see you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I see you

I think BOF thought I was on about that packaged nightmarish stuff as well. I’m on about the pre made stuff plopped into a plastic tub and kept in the fridge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I think BOF thought I was on about that packaged nightmarish stuff as well. I’m on about the pre made stuff plopped into a plastic tub and kept in the fridge. 

I know. It's just that it's the law that someone has to post the Smash robots clip in any discussion of mash. The duty fell upon me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It took a long time for me to let the OH know about VillaTalk and all the stuff that goes on with it.

She thought it was weird for ages.

I think she's finally made peace with it now that @TheAuthority has helped us out with New York plans!

So what you're saying is, she's familiar with DHUTWU now? :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

“OH”

Its usage should solely be reserved for posting on mumsnet.

https://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

This is ...

crystal clear that. What a ridiculous way to talk. POAS.

STBXH

soon-to-be-ex-husband

SWI

shagging with intent (trying to conceive)

SWOI

shagging without intent (not trying to conceive!)

TAAT

Thread about a thread 

:lol:

• Haha 1

BBC news currently has 'scientists create lab grown food-pipe' as a front-page headline. I know why they've done it - they couldn't fit oesophagus in the headline space, and they're concerned nobody is going to click on it if it says a long scientific boring word. But food-pipe sets my teeth on edge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most of the churnalists at the Beeb probably think an oesophagus  is what pharaohs are buried in. They're mostly journalists in name only.

I can't remember the last time I read anything written on that site that didn't read like it was written and edited by an intern, just generally dreadful articles all round. I think my annoyance with them began when I realised that they'd starting having 1 sentence per paragraph, so they didn't intimidate people who don't like their news to have lots of words. That, or when half of the articles became shit embedded from Twitter.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Chindie said:

BBC news currently has 'scientists create lab grown food-pipe' as a front-page headline. I know why they've done it - they couldn't fit oesophagus in the headline space, and they're concerned nobody is going to click on it if it says a long scientific boring word. But food-pipe sets my teeth on edge.

Makes a change from women's football scores being their headline. 

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Most of the churnalists at the Beeb probably think an oesophagus  is what pharaohs are buried in. They're mostly journalists in name only.

I can't remember the last time I read anything written on that site that didn't read like it was written and edited by an intern, just generally dreadful articles all round. I think my annoyance with them began when I realised that they'd starting having 1 sentence per paragraph, so they didn't intimidate people who don't like their news to have lots of words. That, or when half of the articles became shit embedded from Twitter.

This.

Vast majority of stories are just tweets or instagram pictures of stars or rehashing a topic from a Mumsnet!

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine someone walking in and asking what you were doing? :D

"I'm taking a picture of this mashed potato to make a point on a football forum!"

"Why are you photographing that lamp-post?"

"It's for the Ice rink thread"

"..?..."

It's getting better now, both at work and at home they have started guessing VT before asking questions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â