Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, bickster said:

This growing trend for shops to make you feel like you own the shop. I first noticed it a while back when Sainsbury's were building a new Petrol Station. A sign appeared outside proclaiming that "Your new petrol station will be open soon." I muttered under my breath every time I passed and still haven't stopped there for fuel a year after it opened.

I've noticed it in a few other places too but mainly isolated incidents then today...

Out shopping for food with the missus, we're in M&S and they keep making announcements on what we used to call a Tannoy but is now apparently called Radio M&S (M&S used to be above this tomfoolery), they keep referring to it as "Your M&S." "Welcome to Your M&S!" if its f***ing mine why are you welcoming me here, dickheads

We went to the till, I asked for my dividend cheque, the cashier didn't understand. I informed her the shop was mine, she still didn't understand and as if by magic Radio M&S blurted out once more "Welcome to Your M&S!" "See I said, it's mine. all mine!"

At least she laughed, the missus wasn't happy though she had to be somewhere and I was delaying things

Not only does this trying instil a sense of ownership piss me off on its own but also feeds the self-entitlement of all the words removed

Imagine boycotting a petrol station for that :D

i love you Bicks but you’re **** weird. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine boycotting a petrol station for that :D

i love you Bicks but you’re **** weird. 

Its not a boycott I'm not deliberately not stopping there, Its just a kind of mental thing, there's a mental note in my head that says, nah go to the one round the corner

As someone that gets a little involved in the 'philosophy' behind the vibe behind the look of various shops and the 'mood' they try to create. I have to say, I'll also try to avoid some shops. Most often when the impression they want to design in, is that they are family and they've got your back and we're a team. When the reality is, they've decided to spend zero budget on the staff facilities out the back of the shop.

Equally, there are others, who's attitude is that their staff are their customer face, so treat them well. Those shops, I like more and tend to try and shop in more.

I'm not going to get in to a list of good and bad Clients. But Greggs can be a surprisingly good employer. Which, unfairly, I did not fully expect.

22 hours ago, bickster said:

We went to the till, I asked for my dividend cheque, the cashier didn't understand. I informed her the shop was mine, she still didn't understand and as if by magic Radio M&S blurted out once more "Welcome to Your M&S!" "See I said, it's mine. all mine!"

At least she laughed, the missus wasn't happy though she had to be somewhere and I was delaying things

Not only does this trying instil a sense of ownership piss me off on its own but also feeds the self-entitlement of all the words removed

Schoolboy error

If you own the store why are you paying for the goods? Just grab what you want and walk out with them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm pretty pissed off by supermarkets' continued move away from stocking ingredients to make more shelf space for premade shite. There's no room for butternut squash in my local supermarket, but there is space in the aisle that it used to be on for chopped carrot, and 3 different varieties of 'fresh' mashed potato, for the discerning idle Representative for Wellingborough.

No harissa or sesame seeds anymore, but they have expanded their range of jarred bolognese and curry sauces for people who don't cook, but are in denial about it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People who use it as an adjective to describe how they are aware of 'social' issues.

Ah, so you meant people who misuse the word 'woke'... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’d not heard of that usage before. 

I wasn’t woke about woke.

Same!

The joys of being off social media. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I not only avoid any exposure to social media, but do not engage in any conversation with anyone under the age of 30.

I generally agree with you there. However, I was until recently, seeing a woman who had a 16 yr old son who thought he was a bit of a streetwise gangsta. Anyway,  as part of my charm offensive to ingratiate myself with this hero, I picked up a few sayings from a teenage lad at work such as :

peng ting (pretty girl)

piff gal (as above)

snake someone out (to tell on someone - "grassing" in my day)

blad/fam/cuz - as in "mate"

Brap - said at the start or end of a saying. "Fam, gal was peng ting, ya feel me ? Brap !"

and so on.

As much as it stuck in my throat to say such stuff, the yoof in question "rated" me, told his mum who in turn was so happy that I was making the effort, often duly obliged when I was in "da mood to link my ting" in her bedroom ?

Edited by mottaloo

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

but there is space in the aisle that it used to be on for ... 'fresh' mashed potato, for the discerning idle Representative for Wellingborough.

Just how lazy do you have to be to buy pre-made mashed potato :crylaugh: Over here that's a criminal offence.

• Like 1

Â