Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd have **** her off to be honest mate. :lol: 

Ah look, it was the means to an end and i got "bare/nuff punani" ay't ?!

Ok....that's enough now.

Honest.

Safe.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Just how lazy do you have to be to buy pre-made mashed potato :crylaugh: Over here that's a criminal offence.

As a man of proud (people's republic of) Cork heritage I agree. However, I used it one night to entertain the same young lady as above, as part of a top roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. I just couldn't be arsed to peel and mash spuds and besides,  it was m&s maris piper mash so i thought it would get me some jiggy jiggy action afterwards. 

It didn't. She kicked off about me not making the effort and left but only she'd ate the lot and sank half a bottle of st emilion. 

Cow.

Edited by mottaloo

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

As a man of proud (people's republic of) Cork heritage I agree. However, I used it one night to entertain the same young lady as above, as part of a top roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. I just couldn't be arsed to peel and mash spuds and besides,  it was m&s maris piper mash so i thought it would get me some jiggy jiggy action afterwards. 

It didn't. She kicked off about me not making the effort and left but only she'd ate the lot and sank half a bottle of st emilion. 

Cow.

Serves you right, and let that be a lesson to everyone.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

St Emilion with mash?

Jeesh, you know what they say. You can take the St Emilion out of Cork but you can’t take the… oh, hang on.

Sod the Mash, St Emilion with a Roast Chicken?????

The Cork should have stayed in the bottle!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

St Emilion with mash?

Jeesh, you know what they say. You can take the St Emilion out of Cork but you can’t take the… oh, hang on.

Have an Orson.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

St Emilion with mash?

Well I had a pint of Beamish if that gets my shandon street cred back ?

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sod the Mash, St Emilion with a Roast Chicken?????

The Cork should have stayed in the bottle!

I know,  I know...but it was the only bottle of red in the house and she didn't drink white. 

It stuck in my throat to open it. Bloody waste. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Just how lazy do you have to be to buy pre-made mashed potato :crylaugh: Over here that's a criminal offence.

Since yesterday, I've had a conundrum on my hands.

I can't decide whether to view people who buy ready-meal mash with more or less contempt than people who buy 'instant' mash. 

There's a show on called "Eat Well for Less"

That fat guy off of masterchef and some other dude show people how to eat healthier and spend a lot less.

It's not bad. The usual collection of morons are on it "Oh I didn't know if I bought a cheaper cereal that I would save money"
It's not hard, dipshit.

Anyway, what pisses me off is they swap a load of their shopping for cheaper varieties, but they go to about a dozen different supermarkets.
So at the end they say "if you make all these swaps you'll save £2,000 a year!"

Yeah, they will. But they'll spend about 5 grand a year going to every supermarket in the country to get all the random shite you've given them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Since yesterday, I've had a conundrum on my hands.

I can't decide whether to view people who buy ready-meal mash with more or less contempt than people who buy 'instant' mash. 

To be fair there could be many legitimate reasons for buying instant mash. You could be prepping for Brexit, cutting it in to drugs, having a 1970's themed sex party.

There's no excuse for ready meal mash.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a show on called "Eat Well for Less"

That fat guy off of masterchef and some other dude show people how to eat healthier and spend a lot less.

It's not bad. The usual collection of morons are on it "Oh I didn't know if I bought a cheaper cereal that I would save money"
It's not hard, dipshit.

Anyway, what pisses me off is they swap a load of their shopping for cheaper varieties, but they go to about a dozen different supermarkets.
So at the end they say "if you make all these swaps you'll save £2,000 a year!"

Yeah, they will. But they'll spend about 5 grand a year going to every supermarket in the country to get all the random shite you've given them

NSFW language :)

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

There's no excuse for ready meal mash.

Yes there is, saves on washing up the frigging saucepan after you've made the mash (Starchy glue) in it. However my solution is far better. Don't eat mash or if you eat mash, make sure the missus made it (and therefore has to wash it up)

My OH piles all the washing up into the sink. 

I then have to remove it all to put the plug in and fill the sink.

And even when the sink is filled before the washing is all piled in, it then leaves no room to actually wash anything, so I still have to take it all out before I start. This annoys me a lot. There's a big empty space next to the sink where we can pile the washing up before it's washed. Just put it there!

It's definitely for this thread. It shouldn't piss me off as it's one of the only jobs I actually do around the place :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

nah, you make the mess you clean it up in our house.

The missus uses 950 different utensils compared to my 4 on an average meal, I clean up as I cook, she just leaves it all to the end.

I agree with your principal but its just not equitable in ours. Someone else shouldn't benefit from my excellent working practices and productivity bonus, I also shouldn't be punished for someone else's profligacy

Same but flipped, I'm the culinary equivalent of Hurricane Maria but with slightly less deaths.

I enjoy cooking, it gets the day out of my head. I can't be doing dishes though, hate it. We'd either starve or switch to paper plates.

Saying that, my wife's only real flaw, the thing that could eventually lead to a house full of forensics people: she puts glasses on the flat part of our drainer so the water doesn't drain out of them properly AND she leaves spoons bowl up so the water sits in them. That'll be my snapping point eventually.

• Haha 2

You've got to get a dishwasher.

It helps, but so far, I've been unable to train the gf to fill the dishwasher properly. No you don't just balance shit on top of other items. And you'd think a grown human with at least a partial education would realise that plates should be rinsed before putting them in. 

And if she puts another dirty plate in there when everything else is clearly clean and needs unloading, I'm going to need to lay a new patio.

Apart from that, she's great though. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â