Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Six Ways to get your car smashed! Horrible place.

I used to do six ways frequently when I worked Sutton way. Did it for the first time in about 5 years a few months ago and seemed a lot worse than I remember it.

I’ve got a similar one by me which is horrible, cars blocking the way when there’s lights on red down one of the exits, stopping everyone from moving. I’ve lost count of the amount of times a car has pulled out on me when i’ve been in my car or riding my bike. If I ever get knocked off my bike, it will be there.

Sometimes you can get stuck there for ages and have to pick the slightest opportunity and go for it, otherwise you’ll never get out, but any close shaves i’ve had are from cars that have reached it and just go. It’s always from the same entry too, which i find the easier of ones to come out from, with the best view of what is coming.

It looks like they are about to start a big roadworks operation on the island or an exit. Who knows what hell that is going to bring. 

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Serena Williams

Self righteous self aggrandising self centred word removed. She lost the match and decided to make it all about herself and used the bullshit sexism card against the umpire. I hope she gets a massive fine and a ban. Clearing.

Just read about this. Totally took the shine off, what should have been the young Osaka's finest hour. 

her coach has accepted he was signalling to her, so the umpires first warning for coaching was justified, followed correctly by a point deduction for smashing her racket.

Williams ' rant at the ref was personal, unprofessional and petulant so fair play to the umpire for again correctly escalating the punishment. It would be easier to now down to the pressure from probably the wworlds greatest ever female player. 

To then reach for the 'ism' cards, instead of addressing her attitude is poor form. 

i feel sorry for the 20yr old whose first major title win will forever be tainted by her opponents terrible attitude and behaviour. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Serena Williams

Self righteous self aggrandising self centred word removed. She lost the match and decided to make it all about herself and used the bullshit sexism card against the umpire. I hope she gets a massive fine and a ban. Clearing.

Wow, was just coming here to post the same. Thinks she's bigger than the game, penalised for breaking the rules and cries sexism. I hope the umpire sues her for defamation of character, Serena is a utterly cretinous human being. If she did get a fine/ban, well she'll sure as shit make a martyr of herself.

The first 30 odd seconds of this are just obscene, Serena you are an absolute word removed!

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Yeah it was pathetic. Though she has form for abusing and threatening umpires. What an icon. The crowd were a bunch of nob-ends too. Booing at the ceremony. Poor Osaka, she was great and had her moment, against her idol ironically enough, ruined by a spoiled brat of a clearing in the woods who then appropriate social issues to play the victim again. Awful person

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

If I didnt spend my days in leamington **** spa at the moment I would suggest meeting up for an oatcake. 

I've done a shift of a few weeks just east of there, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Market Harborough. There's a job starting in Leamington Spa later this month but I'm trying to shake free of it. 

But we'll do the oat cake eventually, or a welsh cake.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't wish a few weeks in Northamptonshire on anyone.

To be honest, the usual mixed bag like everywhere else. If you have money, Guilsborough looked really nice and it was close to the motorway for a commute. Market Harborough appeared nice enough if you've the money to sit in a posh coffee shop. Wellingborough was an absolute shit show, drugs and piss in the streets, vandalism overnight to any work we did during the day and extra security to stop our kit being stolen on a daily basis.

22 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Five minute drive to BHX for me. If your passenger isn't out within 10 minutes you're looking at a fiver to "park" and it only goes up from there.

**** robbery.

19 hours ago, brommy said:

20 minutes from BHX for me and since they’ve started charging, even for a 30 seconds pick up or drop off, I meet my family at Birmingham International train station after their 3 minute ride on the free monorail from the airport.

BHX has a 30 minutes free drop off car park.

• Like 1

My wife booked a flight with Primera Air from Birmingham to Toronto a few months back, and they contacted her some months before she went to tell her that they weren't flying from Brum any more, so she had to go from Stansted. So instead of a short hop to BHX, I had to drive all the way past **** Cambridge twice in two weeks to drop her off and pick her up. I wouldn't have minded, but at Stansted they have a drop-off fee of £3.50 for '0-10 minutes', which is just absolute robbery. 

EDIT: to join in the driving conversation, on the second of these journeys I had an absolutely baffling experience. I was joining a national speed limit dual carriageway down the sliproad, and was travelling quite quickly, but certainly not above the speed limit or unsafely for the conditions. There was a lady in a small car going quite slowly in the inside lane, but I couldn't pull out safely so slowed down to allow her to go past, then joined the road, indicated, and overtook her in the outside lane, again below the speed limit. As I was passing her, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she had extended her middle finger at me in a familiar but unpleasant gesture, and having replayed the incident hundreds of times in my head since, I can't fathom what she was pissed off at me for. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I quite like Serena Williams, but no denying she was a real plank yesterday. 

It annoys me because her tennis speaks for itself, why be such an gender and race appropriating bell end. Not the first time either. But then I’d have banned Djokovic years ago as well.

She's without doubt one of all the all time great female players but she was a complete word removed yesterday. She may have played in 30 grand slam finals but this was her opponents first and she took the gloss of it for her.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

BHX has a 30 minutes free drop off car park.

... that isn’t the drop off point next to the arrivals/departures but is a car park a quarter of a mile walk away. It’s still quicker and more convenient (especially with luggage) to hop on the free monorail.

I don’t particularly like Serena Williams, but then I have a bit of a weird aversion to any sportsperson/team that dominates a sport. I didn’t like Stephen Hendry for much of the 90’s for the same reason. 

Anyway, although I couldn’t give a shit about tennis, that is extremely poor from Williams. Credit to her opponent for showing a quiet dignity.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
“Sportsperson” replacing “sportsman”

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Given the ridiculous climate we're in it's seriously unlikely Serena will get called out for this, which is very disappointing. 

She’s been backed more than pilloried by the tennis world and her deflection tactic away from her behaviour to being an equality issue seems to have worked. 

Â