Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

"Give your head a wobble".

What the **** does that even mean? Sounds like it was made up by Danny Dyer or some other cockney bellend.

I like the image it paints :) 

Prob been mentioned already....but....

Judging when to arrive at the airport to pick some one up. Twitter alerts, checking the website....all useful but then how long between "landed", "baggage in the hall" and finally a stream of passengers start flowing through the arrival gate ?

It's mainly annoying cos of the sky high (no pun intended) parking charges and the fact that i live 45 mins away to start with. 

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Judging when to arrive at the airport to pick some one up. Twitter alerts, checking the website....all useful but then how long between "landed", "baggage in the hall" and finally a stream of passengers start flowing through the arrival gate ?

It's mainly annoying cos of the sky high (no pun intended) parking charges and the fact that i live 45 mins away to start with. 

Go in late, make them wait.

Depends on the airport tbh

For us it's 30 mins for Manchester but only 15 mins for Liverpool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Go in late, make them wait.

Depends on the airport tbh

For us it's 30 mins for Manchester but only 15 mins for Liverpool

Five minute drive to BHX for me. If your passenger isn't out within 10 minutes you're looking at a fiver to "park" and it only goes up from there.

**** robbery.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Five minute drive to BHX for me. If your passenger isn't out within 10 minutes you're looking at a fiver to "park" and it only goes up from there.

**** robbery.

You get 5 mins. Manc and Liverpool you pay straight away £4 for 30 mins at Manc £3 for 20 mins in Liverpool. 

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

You get 5 mins. Manc and Liverpool you pay straight away £4 for 30 mins at Manc £3 for 20 mins in Liverpool. 

Bastards, think I'll stick to cruises!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

20 minutes from BHX for me and since they’ve started charging, even for a 30 seconds pick up or drop off, I meet my family at Birmingham International train station after their 3 minute ride on the free monorail from the airport.

Never thought of that! Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Definitely agree with bickster - make them wait. Even with a 45 minute drive, I’d be at home waiting for the call when the luggage carousel started to spit the first of the flight’s suitcases. Then they’ve probably got just a 15 to 30 minute wait after their physical needs break and walk to the pick up point. Better than you paying ridiculously high parking charges when you’re the one providing the favour.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, make them wait. I wouldn't leave home until they were through passport control and had their bags! They can wait in Starbucks for you to turn up as after all you are doing them the favour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driving. 

In general, it is now a joyless experience in and around Birmingham City Centre. I drove to work yesterday as was working a 7am-3pm day and even then I saw my fair share of appalling driving standards, straight out of the third world. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving. 

In general, it is now a joyless experience in and around Birmingham City Centre. I drove to work yesterday as was working a 7am-3pm day and even then I saw my fair share of appalling driving standards, straight out of the third world. 

I do my fair share of driving around a lot of different towns.

The last couple of weeks I've been commuting in to the Bullring. Seen two accidents that ranked up there with the stupidest, just vans driving in to other cars because they thought they were getting a jump start on a formula 1 grid. Plus people that don't appear to think red lights at junctions apply to them. Audi drivers acting like the stereotypical audi driver.

It's much of a muchness the country over, but yeah, centre of Brum was rubbish to the point I actually caught the train twice. That's a whole other level of crap. £109 to travel rammed in a seat that's too small next to a smelly stranger that's both eating a pork pie AND sneezing.

Stoke next week. I imagine that'll be classy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Driving. 

Awful. Joyless is the perfect adjective. I hate driving and do not have a car in Manhattan. I'm so thankful that I live in a city with the semblance of a public transport system. People are so selfish - endangering the lives of people around them to get somewhere 3 minutes faster or to look 'ard.

I will say though if you're in the American West (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico) you can drive for hours and not see another car. Then it's real pleasure to blast through magnificent scenery at 100mph! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I do my fair share of driving around a lot of different towns.

The last couple of weeks I've been commuting in to the Bullring. Seen two accidents that ranked up there with the stupidest, just vans driving in to other cars because they thought they were getting a jump start on a formula 1 grid. Plus people that don't appear to think red lights at junctions apply to them. Audi drivers acting like the stereotypical audi driver.

It's much of a muchness the country over, but yeah, centre of Brum was rubbish to the point I actually caught the train twice. That's a whole other level of crap. £109 to travel rammed in a seat that's too small next to a smelly stranger that's both eating a pork pie AND sneezing.

Stoke next week. I imagine that'll be classy.

I know there is a lot of roadworks etc around Brum at the minute which may be confusing to the out of towners but the worst drivers I encounter are private hie and uber drivers. Since when does the left or middle lane at an island* mean you can cut in around the island and go right?! I'm getting angry thinking about it now!

Its always the same at that island... the 'pagoda island' for us locals. 

* roundabouts to rest of the UK

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its always the same at that island... the 'pagoda island' for us locals. 

As a former "erdo" lad then I'm sure you'll appreciate what I mean when I give the Tyburn island an honourable mention.......or the one at 6 ways, again erdington.

But yeah......pagoda island or holloway circus is a right balls at times. ?

• Like 1

A guy pulled out on me today whilst inwas driving around an island with my wife and nipper in the car. The visibility on that island is huge, and he had his window down and I saw him looking at me.  He started to pull out so I had to jam my breaks on.  He knew he proper **** up, because rather than do anything resembling a "soz mate" he just decided to drive about 70mph away from me on a 40mph road towards red traffic lights.

I didn't even get angry or anything in the moment, I was just concerned about getting off a fast moving island and making sure my kid and wife were ok. 

The guy will just get away with driving like that though, appearing to be an absolute thug in a Peugeot 308 isn't a good look.. believe me I've tried. 

Â