Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, brommy said:

... that isn’t the drop off point next to the arrivals/departures but is a car park a quarter of a mile walk away. It’s still quicker and more convenient (especially with luggage) to hop on the free monorail.

It's the same at all of them, they all have a FREE drop off area that's a 20 min walk or in Manc’s case a bus ride (bus every 15 mins plus 10 mins to furthest terminal. If it's pissing it down there no way you'd walk to the one at Liverpool.

Manc said it was to relive congrstion, that was the congestion that only happened when they started the work at the terminals to facilitate the change. Liverpool said the same and I've only ever seen congestion after the change and that's to get out of the car park because the pay machines at the barriers are always breaking

It's about money. In Liverpool's case, the airport only breaks even without the car parking fees. It represents their entire profit margin

I got stung picking the wife up from BHX few months back, was about £25 as she got stuck coming through security. I found out after about that free 30 minute area.

The slip road out the front used to work really well for dropping off and picking up, but that got dropped for “security” reasons. Now they make thousands and thousands from drop offs and pick ups. 

7 hours ago, brommy said:

... that isn’t the drop off point next to the arrivals/departures but is a car park a quarter of a mile walk away. It’s still quicker and more convenient (especially with luggage) to hop on the free monorail.

Yep, that's the "premium drop off". You pay £2 if you want to drop them off right next to the terminal. It's not meant for picking up. The fees are deliberately high to stop people using it as a pick up.

The free one is a 5 minute walk. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I got stung picking the wife up from BHX few months back, was about £25 as she got stuck coming through security. I found out after about that free 30 minute area.

The slip road out the front used to work really well for dropping off and picking up, but that got dropped for “security” reasons. Now they make thousands and thousands from drop offs and pick ups. 

Thousands and thousands? Keep going...

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, that's the "premium drop off". You pay £2 if you want to drop them off right next to the terminal. It's not meant for picking up. The fees are deliberately high to stop people using it as a pick up.

The free one is a 5 minute walk. 

Which is why I pick up from the station end of the monorail.

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

She’s been backed more than pilloried by the tennis world and her deflection tactic away from her behaviour to being an equality issue seems to have worked. 

Yep. Lots of female columnists and TV guests stating that there's a double standard. Men are meant to curse and swear all the time and never get punished. But because  "A woman spoke sternly to him" he (the umpire) couldn't take it and punished her.  Poor bloke is getting completely dragged through the mud.

People see to have forgotten she berated a female line judge so harshly (more than once) that she lost the semi-final of the US Open (and her crown) in 2009 after a point deduction facing match point. She was completely unapologetic and unrepentant after. The line judge was left completely distraught.

I've noticed something about my OH that is irrationally annoying me.

She can't watch TV in the same room as me if I'm not watching it too.

If she's watching something and I get home from work she'll turn it off. Even if I INSIST that she keeps watching it, she won't.
If she suggests watching something that i don't fancy, I might say something like "You watch it, I'll go on the laptop for a bit" or "You watch that I'll go int he bedroom and watch the footy" etc etc

She won't do it. She'll go into the bedroom and watch something on her own, but I don't think I have EVER been in the house with her watching something on the main TV in the lounge and me doing something else. 

I don't know why this annoys me :D  I've actually ended up getting angry at her recently because she wouldn't keep watching what she was watching.
And now that I've finally noticed it I can't stop noticing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

It's the same at all of them, they all have a FREE drop off area that's a 20 min walk or in Manc’s case a bus ride (bus every 15 mins plus 10 mins to furthest terminal. If it's pissing it down there no way you'd walk to the one at Liverpool.

The walkway between the free car park and the departure/arrival terminal at BHX is covered, so you are ok to walk it even in the rain.   Yes, its about a 10-12 min walk, but is pretty easy to do even with wheeled luggage.

Edited by ender4

20 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I used to like her, despite a number of self-entitled moments, this one is the final straw for me.

I've never liked her, always been a loudmouth spoilt arrogant gobby word removed.

She's a dreadful loser who always loses her shit when things are not going well. She blames everyone and anyone she can apart from herself.

The fact is her and her coach violated the rules three times hence the game penalty. It's in the rules, she now makes a sexism claim, I cant wait for her to retire. She totally ruined the other girls 1st Grand Slam win and made it about herself.

• Like 1

You know who pisses me off ?

Liz Hurley.

Right....now, I'm as red blooded, heterosexual as the next man but honest to God, has anyone made more out of her most obvious assets* than she has ?

Twenty odd years after "that Versace dress moment" she's still cashing in on almost getting her norks out - see her Instagram page, often under the guise of selling her own range of bikinis. Admittedly she looks very good for her age but she must've had some work done.

I don't expect too many to agree but her shallow world of "aren't I beautiful.....tell me that I'm beautiful....tell me, tell me !!" also includes occasional sulky pics of her floppy haired pouting son, who appears equally vacuous.

* I've just found out that her mother's maiden name was Titt. ?

Edited by mottaloo

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

You know who pisses me off ?

Liz Hurley.

Right....now, I'm as red blooded, hetersexual as the next man but honest to God, has anyone made more out of her most obvious asset than she has ?

Twenty odd years after "that Versace dress moment" she's still cashing in on almost getting her norks out - see her Instagram page, often under the guise of selling her own range of bikinis. Admittedly she looks very good for her age but she must've had some work done.

I don't expect too many to agree but her shallow world of "aren't I beautiful.....tell me that I'm beautiful....tell me, tell me !!" also includes occasional sulky pics of her floppy haired pouting son, who appears equally vacuous.

14670_28041_22077.jpg&f=1

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've noticed something about my OH that is irrationally annoying me.

She can't watch TV in the same room as me if I'm not watching it too.

If she's watching something and I get home from work she'll turn it off. Even if I INSIST that she keeps watching it, she won't.
If she suggests watching something that i don't fancy, I might say something like "You watch it, I'll go on the laptop for a bit" or "You watch that I'll go int he bedroom and watch the footy" etc etc

She won't do it. She'll go into the bedroom and watch something on her own, but I don't think I have EVER been in the house with her watching something on the main TV in the lounge and me doing something else. 

I don't know why this annoys me :D  I've actually ended up getting angry at her recently because she wouldn't keep watching what she was watching.
And now that I've finally noticed it I can't stop noticing it.

This would piss me off too. Wtf!

Â