Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

More from yesterday.

Words removed wearing backpacks on their chests. The correlation between this group of people and those wearing baseball caps back to front was strong

Words removed that think using the flash on their camera is going to illuminate a 25km squared volcano from half a mile off the coast

Words removed that turn up their nose at me for smoking in the smoking area of the boat. Not my fault it had the best views

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Really good article but I was a little unsure if he was alluding to her being a drug cheat when mentioning the missed tests or if that was just supposed to be further evidence of her entitlement.

To avoid this truth though, those who are in a rush to call foul based on sex would be better reading before talking. Did they know for instance that this umpire is a stickler for rules? That at the French Open at the start of the summer he gave both Marco Cecchinato and Novak Djokovic a warning for coaching from the stands? That Djokovic had a run-in with him at Wimbledon after being penalised for throwing his racket? That at the Olympics in 2016, Andy Murray got a warning for calling him stupid? The same three warnings she got

game set and match

urrggghh right thread for wheeling that line out

5 hours ago, choffer said:

Really good article but I was a little unsure if he was alluding to her being a drug cheat when mentioning the missed tests or if that was just supposed to be further evidence of her entitlement.

Well if you continually dodge tests you probably have something to hide.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Brilliant article, for anyone who thought Serena had a point...... Read this!

Fwiw it was basically what I said in my post but better articulated.

21 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Brilliant article, for anyone who thought Serena had a point...... Read this!

Fwiw it was basically what I said in my post but better articulated.

She has always been a monumental word removed and drugs cheat.

12 men commit suicide per day in the UK. 84 per week. Shouldn't be happening.

Serena Williams making claims of sexism when over a dozen men have decided it's all too much and taken their life while she's paid millions. Shouldn't be happening.

On a lighter note, whoever Serena's opponent was (don't even know her name as she's had zero exposure) isn't getting any limelight. Shouldn't be happening.

29 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Serena Williams making claims of sexism when over a dozen men have decided it's all too much and taken their life while she's paid millions. Shouldn't be happening.

On a lighter note, whoever Serena's opponent was (don't even know her name as she's had zero exposure) isn't getting any limelight. Shouldn't be happening.

What does one thing (men committing suicide) have to do with the other (Serena Williams throwing a snit)? Do women not commit suicide as well?

Agree on the last line, but the first two . . . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

What does one thing (men committing suicide) have to do with the other (Serena Williams throwing a snit)? Do women not commit suicide as well?

Agree on the last line, but the first two . . . 

I am fresh from a bit of a contentious debate over how men abuse women and even the men who that doesn't apply to are responsible.

I took the stance that women shouldn't be entering intimate relationships with a man who cannot maintain common decency when conflict occurs.

I also took the stance that men and women should be supporting each other and talking with their partners rather than at them. It seems support has been replaced by competition in so many ways.

So thanks for pulling me up, I have gone against my own word in my comments here.

Serena making what I hear were pretty thin claims on sexism is a separate issue to a heart-wrenching suicide rate.

I am perhaps also not the biggest advocate for athletes, no matter their talent, being paid more in a tournament than most see in a lifetime.

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

What on earth does Serena have to do with Male suicide?!

What a bizarre post

Edit: sorry I replied before I saw it had already been addressed

Edited by Stevo985

I cannot begin to describe the mount of bile and hatred I have for news networks when there is a hurricane.

We get it theres a f******g storm. Report it then go back to the news. Why do you need 25 correspondents soaking wet updating us every 30 seconds? Aaaaaaaarrrrrghghghghghghg!

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Â