Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've noticed something about my OH that is irrationally annoying me.

She can't watch TV in the same room as me if I'm not watching it too.

If she's watching something and I get home from work she'll turn it off. Even if I INSIST that she keeps watching it, she won't.
If she suggests watching something that i don't fancy, I might say something like "You watch it, I'll go on the laptop for a bit" or "You watch that I'll go int he bedroom and watch the footy" etc etc

She won't do it. She'll go into the bedroom and watch something on her own, but I don't think I have EVER been in the house with her watching something on the main TV in the lounge and me doing something else. 

I don't know why this annoys me :D  I've actually ended up getting angry at her recently because she wouldn't keep watching what she was watching.
And now that I've finally noticed it I can't stop noticing it.

Same with mine except she won't go to sleep without me. I was up til 1 this morning watching the evening NFL games. She was obviously knackered, had worked yesterday too and was ready to sleep by 10. Forced herself to stay up for another three hours and complained this morning that she was tired. So **** stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, Milfner said:

Same with mine except she won't go to sleep without me. I was up til 1 this morning watching the evening NFL games. She was obviously knackered, had worked yesterday too and was ready to sleep by 10. Forced herself to stay up for another three hours and complained this morning that she was tired. So **** stupid.

I have mates who have this problem too and I have no **** idea why

Just sleep people ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You know who pisses me off ?

Liz Hurley.

Right....now, I'm as red blooded, heterosexual as the next man but honest to God, has anyone made more out of her most obvious assets* than she has ?

Twenty odd years after "that Versace dress moment" she's still cashing in on almost getting her norks out - see her Instagram page, often under the guise of selling her own range of bikinis. Admittedly she looks very good for her age but she must've had some work done.

I don't expect too many to agree but her shallow world of "aren't I beautiful.....tell me that I'm beautiful....tell me, tell me !!" also includes occasional sulky pics of her floppy haired pouting son, who appears equally vacuous.

* I've just found out that her mother's maiden name was Titt. ?

I really wouldn’t know, seriously. I have little or no contact with this world you're talking about. You’ve just informed me this Hurley woman has a son, she sells bikinis and she once had an almost boob slip. This is all news to me.

I've also managed to upset a few passengers in my time for not instantly recognising who they were. I really don't get or interact with the celebrity world and tbh I don't understand the fascination. I realised that “celebrity” is just a way of selling a product a long time ago and kinda of instantly zoned out in much the way I do with any other form of advertising. My brain just sort of just files it under junk and sends it to the recycling bin

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree with Serena's point to be honest.

I don't think she conducted herself very well getting it across though.

Applying the rules isn't sexism and male players get penalised all the time for these sorts of violations.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

41 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Applying the rules isn't sexism and male players get penalised all the time for these sorts of violations.

I tell you what is sexist... men having to work far harder (5 sets) to get the same pay as women in the major tournaments :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Just stay up all night to test her resolve. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You know who pisses me off ?

Liz Hurley.

Right....now, I'm as red blooded, heterosexual as the next man but honest to God, has anyone made more out of her most obvious assets* than she has ?

Twenty odd years after "that Versace dress moment" she's still cashing in on almost getting her norks out - see her Instagram page, often under the guise of selling her own range of bikinis. Admittedly she looks very good for her age but she must've had some work done.

I don't expect too many to agree but her shallow world of "aren't I beautiful.....tell me that I'm beautiful....tell me, tell me !!" also includes occasional sulky pics of her floppy haired pouting son, who appears equally vacuous.

* I've just found out that her mother's maiden name was Titt. ?

Her son takes the vast majority of her instagram shots where she is in  bikini or next to naked. 

Proper creepy that relationship. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've noticed something about my OH that is irrationally annoying me.

She can't watch TV in the same room as me if I'm not watching it too.

I apply this simple equation

women = mental

Had stood me in good stead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I really wouldn’t know, seriously. I have little or no contact with this world you're talking about. You’ve just informed me this Hurley woman has a son, she sells bikinis and she once had an almost boob slip. This is all news to me.

I've also managed to upset a few passengers in my time for not instantly recognising who they were. I really don't get or interact with the celebrity world and tbh I don't understand the fascination. I realised that “celebrity” is just a way of selling a product a long time ago and kinda of instantly zoned out in much the way I do with any other form of advertising. My brain just sort of just files it under junk and sends it to the recycling bin

This. I remember the famous Hurley dress, however many years ago, but otherwise I'd forgotten she even existed. 

EDIT: And in a similar way, the people who sold us our house were a TV producer and his missus, who was apparently an actress. He said "You probably know (whatever her name was) from Emmerdale". Me: "Nope, never watch it". 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. I remember the famous Hurley dress, however many years ago, but otherwise I'd forgotten she even existed. 

EDIT: And in a similar way, the people who sold us our house were a TV producer and his missus, who was apparently an actress. He said "You probably know (whatever her name was) from Emmerdale". Me: "Nope, never watch it". 

I’ve picked up a few producers, the last one was Betsan someone or other who produced The City and the City. (she told me this as it came up in our conversation) These people tend to be far more interesting than the on screen talent in my experience.

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree with Serena's point to be honest.

I don't think she conducted herself very well getting it across though.

I agree - she does have a point but she behaved appallingly. She really ought to consider just quite the kind of role model that she promoted to those who look up to her as an icon of her sport and women's sport in general.

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They're not applied the same way to women as they are to men though (or vice versa). It's the every definition of sexism, which was her point.

The media treat them entirely different too.

Edited by Stevo985

6 hours ago, snowychap said:

I agree - she does have a point but she behaved appallingly. She really ought to consider just quite the kind of role model that she promoted to those who look up to her as an icon of her sport and women's sport in general.

Yep pretty much. It was quite embarrassing seeing that, and a shame for her opponent because it took the shine off her victory.

Easy to say when you're not in the heat of the moment, losing a major final. But it was the kind of thing she should probably have brought up after the game rather than get so worked up on the court.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The worst thing about this cartoon is reducing Osaka to some slim, blonde haired bimbo in the background tbh. That's inherently sexist.

For a cartoon, in which exaggeration is often a key part, I think that's a tad unfair. She is Slim and blonde haired (sort of) wearing black kit. The cartoon is pretty dumb, mind.

usa_today_11207818.0.jpg

1 minute ago, blandy said:

For a cartoon, in which exaggeration is often a key part, I think that's a tad unfair. She is Slim and blonde haired (sort of) wearing black kit. The cartoon is pretty dumb, mind.

usa_today_11207818.0.jpg

I think that's a reach.

I don't look at the blonde in that cartoon and think 'yeah he's nailed half-Haitian/half-Japanese' there. 

• Like 1

Â