Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

So the solution to an unreasonable Apple problem is to buy a second product. Personally I buy 1 product and make sure it isn't Apple. 

I have an Apple phone. 

Phone is always on silent but the alarm ringer is full volume. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I have just been forced to leave a record store by Emma Blackery doing an in store PA.

She's effing dreadful. I now have to find some other form of shop to amuse myself in whilst I wait for the missus and daughter to finish what the term shopping and I term endurance browsing

I had to google her, I still have no idea who she is ?

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

I have an Apple phone. 

Phone is always on silent but the alarm ringer is full volume. 

Then it can be unlinked :thumb: Which I asked you Apple lot in the first place :P

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Then it can be unlinked :thumb: Which I asked you Apple lot in the first place :P

I'm having a new phone, the long and technical conversation with our i.t. guru went like this.

I.T. chap: Chris, which do you prefer, are you on team apple or are you an android fan?

Chris: I couldn't give a shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm having a new phone, the long and technical conversation with our i.t. guru went like this.

I.T. chap: Chris, which do you prefer, are you on team apple or are you an android fan?

Chris: I couldn't give a shit.

Your I.T. chap doesn't sound particularly helpful :) There are advantages to both. But your answer suggests* that maybe you're on Team Apple :) (Apple are good if you're not really into phones and need something simpler and more locked down to use).

* I may be wrong with this ...

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

All pretty much the same place, isn't it?

:trollface:

Truthfully, the similarities far outnumber the differences* and I have a lot of love for ‘em I really do. 

*The biggest difference being that we are slightly better at most things. 

(and we have more money)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Your I.T. chap doesn't sound particularly helpful  There are advantages to both. But your answer suggests* that maybe you're on Team Apple  (Apple are good if you're not really into phones and need something simpler and more locked down to use).

* I may be wrong with this ...

@BOF

I need my phone to make phone calls, 'do' texts and 'do' emails. I also need it to take photos on building sites.

I've gone deep in to the spec of Samsung phones and Apple phones and they both appear able to do this.

I've got an apple something at the moment, but genuinely, not interested in what little logo is on the next one. The only phone I ever had that felt like it was a leap forward was a Blackberry back in the day.

I guess I'd feel different if I was watching films on it, or doing the snapchats, using amazon, vlogging, dogging or chasing pokemon? 

Edited by chrisp65

Lads I’m not saying it can’t be on silent and stIl loud. You can be on silent and the ringing volume is still set to loud. You’re just disabling the ringer in that case  

But go to your sound settings, turn the ringer down then test your alarm. 

It isn’t as annoying as I made it out but it is annoying as I slept through my alarm twice and couldn’t work out why. 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

@BOF

I need my phone to make phone calls, 'do' texts and 'do' emails. I also need it to take photos on building sites.

I've gone deep in to the spec of Samsung phones and Apple phones and they both appear able to do this.

I've got an apple something at the moment, but genuinely, not interested in what little logo is on the next one. The only phone I ever had that felt like it was a leap forward was a Blackberry back in the day.

I guess I'd feel different if I was watching films on it, or doing the snapchats, using amazon, vlogging, dogging or chasing pokemon? 

I was being genuine btw. The fact you 'couldn't give a shit' genuinely usually means an Apple will suit you more. You already own one for a start. They're easier to use. They rarely go wrong because they're less configurable by design. The spec is lower but it literally doesn't matter. And if you're not paying (the higher relative price) out of your own pocket then you may as well go for the Apple.

• Like 1

When they resurface a big main road, like a dual carriageway, and then put up those new road surface signs with a 10mph limit.

TEN MILES PER HOUR.

Has anybody ever even driven close to that when those signs are up?

Utterly pointless.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

When they resurface a big main road, like a dual carriageway, and then put up those new road surface signs with a 10mph limit.

TEN MILES PER HOUR.

Has anybody ever even driven close to that when those signs are up?

Utterly pointless.

Don't think I've ever seen that. Always 20mph in my experience. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't think I've ever seen that. Always 20mph in my experience. 

This stuff

newly-resurfaced-road-with-skid-risk-sig

To be fair, 20mph the point still stands. Nobody is slowing down to 20mph on a dual carriageway, new road surface or not.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This stuff

newly-resurfaced-road-with-skid-risk-sig

To be fair, 20mph the point still stands. Nobody is slowing down to 20mph on a dual carriageway, new road surface or not.

Oh, I agree. Lots and lots of it around here atm. All 20 rather than 10 though. Maybe it's a local policy. 

11 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Truthfully, the similarities far outnumber the differences* and I have a lot of love for ‘em I really do. 

*The biggest difference being that we are slightly better at the unimportant things. 

(and we have our own oil)

FTFY. :D

But yes, about the first part. :)

Â