Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Woah!

What kind of food shopping are people doing that they need two levels on which to do it?

Tesco Dudley is above the car park :thumb:

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Ah. I was picturing people with trains of trolleys shopping for the apocalypse/Brexit.

This is Dudley, there are only so many foods that work well in a deep fat fryer ?

17 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Woah!

What kind of food shopping are people doing that they need two levels on which to do it?

There's an ASDA near us that's on two levels - food on the ground floor, and everything else (clothes, electricals, household stuff, etc.) in the basement. Travelator-type escalators between the two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There's an ASDA near us that's on two levels - food on the ground floor, and everything else (clothes, electricals, household stuff, etc.) in the basement. Travelator-type escalators between the two. 

That sounds like the devil's work.

9 hours ago, snowychap said:

That sounds like the devil's work.

There's a few of them here.

10 hours ago, snowychap said:

Ah. I was picturing people with trains of trolleys shopping for the apocalypse/Brexit.

They've just opened a Food Warehouse in Liverpool for that kind of thing (Iceland)

0_JS160879077.jpg0_JS160879088.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What I always find strange about this is, rubbish tips are free, right? 

Assuming you've got something relatively small like bags of rubbish or even a mattress, surely it's just as easy to go to the tip as it is to find some area where you can fly tip?

Most fly-tippers have vans and vans can't go to the tip unless they have a pre-booked appointment and I think there is a charge as well. This is what leads to the fly tipping. 

My Dad has a van and although its not used for commercial use (he's retired) he says it too much of a hassle to use it to go to the tip. As the appointment you get may be at 4pm next Thursday. He just uses his car instead and can turn up at anytime.  

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Eidfjord, Olden, Gerainger and Bergen. The Magic Ice Bar was great ;) but the whole countryside is magnificent.

The price of a pint isn't magnificent though! 

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

fastest way. hybrid travel.

its like walking quickly on those powered walkways at airports. You feel like Usain Bolt! 

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

its like walking quickly on those powered walkways at airports. You feel like Usain Bolt! 

True story which captures powered walkways and Usain Bolt:

My wife and I were walking through Kuala Lumpur airport towards our departure gate after a South-East Asia holiday in March 2017 when  we heard the beep of an electric kart approaching from behind us. Sitting at the back of the kart was the giant figure of Usain Bolt. I think I was a bit ‘star struck’ because I immediately pointed at Usain and exclaimed to my other half “Look, look, that’s Usain Bolt!”. Usain smiled, safe in the knowledge he would soon be overtaking us and avoid any further awkwardness; except, just as his electric kart drew along side us, travelling at about twice our walking pace, my wife and I joined a powered walkway which instantly doubled our walking speed to the same speed as Usain’s electric kart. Usain laughed - presumably at how awkward he felt at being locked at the same pace adjacent to each other for the best part of a minute. Eventually I think I felt a bit awkward too because I finally stopped staring.

Usain had the speed advantage at the gate security because he was ushered to the front of the the queue whilst we had to wait for a couple minutes. Credit to the security staff though, because we noted that Usain was scanned and his passport checked as thoroughly as the rest of us. Usain and I were both in business class on our return to Heathrow - he might be the fastest human in the world but I could stretch out more!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The price of a pint isn't magnificent though! 

Indeed, no ales less than around nine quid. In fact everything is very pricey, they must be on fantastic salaries over there

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Indeed, no ales less than around nine quid. In fact everything is very pricey, they must be on fantastic salaries over there

We are. We are. 

#loaded#oil#weowneverything

• Haha 2

overheard my mom doing some work today, she arranges transport for kids in special measures to get to and from school, basically taxis for kids, had a dad phone up with a special request of "no Asian drivers" to which she said "i cant do that" he gave her dogs abuse, phoned her boss, gave him dogs abuse, slated the government and what this country was coming to, stated that part of his 12 year old child's disability made him a racist

the whole thing is nuts

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

stated that part of his 12 year old child's disability made him a racist

Sounds like Daddy is part of the child's problem. 

• Like 1

Â