Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When they resurface a big main road, like a dual carriageway, and then put up those new road surface signs with a 10mph limit.

TEN MILES PER HOUR.

Has anybody ever even driven close to that when those signs are up?

Utterly pointless.

risk mitigation, they know you arent going at 10mph but at the same time if you skid off and smash your car up you'll be greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and a "we did tell you"

its the foundation of health and safety

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pelle said:

FTFY. :D

But yes, about the first part. :)

I see you’ve learned something new. There’s a joke in there somewhere about Swedes being slow learners ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This stuff

newly-resurfaced-road-with-skid-risk-sig

To be fair, 20mph the point still stands. Nobody is slowing down to 20mph on a dual carriageway, new road surface or not.

Triangular sign = warning

Circular sign = order

It's not enforceable, its advice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When they resurface a big main road, like a dual carriageway, and then put up those new road surface signs with a 10mph limit.

TEN MILES PER HOUR.

Has anybody ever even driven close to that when those signs are up?

Utterly pointless.

Its bad enough when you come off the freeway after doing 110ks and have to slow down to 50ks, and thats not even for road works.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This stuff

newly-resurfaced-road-with-skid-risk-sig

To be fair, 20mph the point still stands. Nobody is slowing down to 20mph on a dual carriageway, new road surface or not.

Ah well now, "resurfacing" can mean many things.  Tarmac etc etc which I agree would be ridiculous to do 10 or 20mph on.  But what you've pictured above is 'loose chippings' and you do need to go slowly on those as you can easily smash oncoming windscreens if you're going a decent speed.  There's little worse than some word removed coming towards you on loose chippings at 50mph and peppering the paintwork of your car with stones.  I've had a cracked windscreen from one before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Ah well now, "resurfacing" can mean many things.  Tarmac etc etc which I agree would be ridiculous to do 10 or 20mph on.  But what you've pictured above is 'loose chippings' and you do need to go slowly on those as you can easily smash oncoming windscreens if you're going a decent speed.  There's little worse than some word removed coming towards you on loose chippings at 50mph and peppering the paintwork of your car with stones.  I've had a cracked windscreen from one before. 

Despite this, the point still stands. Nobody is doing 10mph, or 20mph. It’s pointless. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Despite this, the point still stands. Nobody is doing 10mph, or 20mph. It’s pointless. 

Worse than that, over here there's a section of road linking our N3 (national road, 1 level below motorway) to our M50 (yes a motorway) and this section is 30km/h.  Yes that's 18mph with no road works.  It's not just stupid, it's dangerous because if you were to actually DO 18mph on that section you'd cause a **** accident.  It goes from N3 @ 80km/h to 30km/h to M50 @ 100km/h.  Now everyone knows how to use that bit of road, but what pisses me off is that there's nothing stopping piggy some day from just rocking up with a hair dryer and doing people for speeding in what is a completely unworkable speed limit.

On 05/09/2018 at 12:50, BOF said:

Linking alarm to ringer volume?

You can choose whether to link the alarm volume to the phone ringer volume, or not to do that.

Set the alarm's volume

Tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Under Ringers And Alerts, drag the slider left or right. As you drag, an alert will play, so you can hear how the volume changes. Using the Volume buttons on the side of your iPhone won't change the alarm's volume unless you turn on Change with Buttons

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I see you’ve learned something new. There’s a joke in there somewhere about Swedes being slow learners ;) 

what?

10 hours later

• Haha 2

Â