Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think the number of VTers I've met past and present is currently in the 30's, can't remember and can't be arsed recounting

Yeah not as many as you but well into double figures now I would imagine.

And they've all been words removed ?

• Haha 3

Things that piss you off that really **** should;

Eight days ago some word removed dumped a mattress in the garage area behind our back garden. There had already been a green bag of rubbish left by someone that the binmen won't touch, and it's been there NINE WEEKS.

Last Thursday when the scabby mattress appeared I moved the green bag next to it and phoned the Council, explaining the mattress had been flytipped in broad daylight, and that I'd moved the bag next to it as no one had moved it in over two months.

Last Friday me & the wife went on our honeymoon to Norway. What a magnificent (if expensive) country. I didn't see a scrap of litter anywhere.

Got back to Brum this morning after a superb holiday on the cruise ship, and as we turn the last corner home not only is the mattress and green bag still there, they've been joined by FIVE other bags of crap.

I **** hate this country and it's trampy **** scumbag inhabitants.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Eight days ago some word removed dumped a mattress in the garage area behind our back garden. There had already been a green bag of rubbish left by someone that the binmen won't touch, and it's been there NINE WEEKS.

Last Thursday when the scabby mattress appeared I moved the green bag next to it and phoned the Council, explaining the mattress had been flytipped in broad daylight, and that I'd moved the bag next to it as no one had moved it in over two months.

Last Friday me & the wife went on our honeymoon to Norway. What a magnificent (if expensive) country. I didn't see a scrap of litter anywhere.

Got back to Brum this morning after a superb holiday on the cruise ship, and as we turn the last corner home not only is the mattress and green bag still there, they've been joined by FIVE other bags of crap.

What I always find strange about this is, rubbish tips are free, right? 

Assuming you've got something relatively small like bags of rubbish or even a mattress, surely it's just as easy to go to the tip as it is to find some area where you can fly tip?

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

What I always find strange about this is, rubbish tips are free, right? 

Assuming you've got something relatively small like bags of rubbish or even a mattress, surely it's just as easy to go to the tip as it is to find some area where you can fly tip?

Yep.

People are just happy to wander around in filth and squalor.

Our council will even pick up bulky items like mattresses. You just book the collection online and they tell you which day to leave it outside your house. You're allowed 4 or 5 bulky items per year iirc

Ive mentioned this in this thread before but the refusal to remove rubbish from the streets, which is one of the most obvious of payments we make to our councils, because it doesn't fit their collection criteria is a disgrace. Wrong bags/Wrong bins/not my department are not good enough reasons for me to live down the road from a makeshift tip.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Where in Norway did you go? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No. Jealousy is worrying that you might lose what you have - you jealously guard it. As in "a jealous husband", who suspects his wife is playing away. Envy is when you want what somebody else has got. 

I've mentioned this frequent misuse in the OT "Piss You Off" thread! 

Jealousy is worrying you'll lose something and envy is wanting something, but in fairness they can really both be the latter (but not the former).

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Where in Norway did you go? 

Eidfjord, Olden, Gerainger and Bergen. The Magic Ice Bar was great ;) but the whole countryside is magnificent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Eidfjord, Olden, Gerainger and Bergen. The Magic Ice Bar was great ;) but the whole countryside is magnificent.

You picked some great spots. It’s hard to imagine a place more spectacular than Geiranger, and Bergen is a fine city (just don’t tell anyone I said that). If you ever come back, you need to check out Lofoten, whose dramaticbeauty exceeds even that of the West Country fjords. And, of course, Oslo - Norway’s only proper city. Glad you enjoyed it! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

You picked some great spots. It’s hard to imagine a place more spectacular than Geiranger, and Bergen is a fine city (just don’t tell anyone I said that). If you ever come back, you need to check out Lofoten, whose dramaticbeauty exceeds even that of the West Country fjords. And, of course, Oslo - Norway’s only proper city. Glad you enjoyed it! 

Would love to go back, but those £9 beers are killer!!!

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Would love to go back, but those £9 beers are killer!!!

Haha, just buy cans from the store and drink in your room - it’s the authentic native experience ;) 

• Like 1

People that walk past the stairs at a supermarket but then precede to walk up the escalator.

If you want a bit of exercise use the fecking stairs and leave the escalators to the lazy sods amongst us. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

People that walk past the stairs at a supermarket but then precede to walk up the escalator.

If you want a bit of exercise use the fecking stairs and leave the escalators to the lazy sods amongst us. 

fastest way. hybrid travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

absolute opposite for me

I've just spent three days working at the Bullring and man, dem Brummies like a lazy side by side stand still on an escalator.

Be decent, keep moving or stand to the side. I've got 7 minutes to get to Burger King and back and Kevin and Julie are stood side by side like a pair of catatonic zombies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Busted!   I visited both Oslo and Bergen earlier in the summer and love them both. 

• Like 2

Â