Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think I threw out my last CRT a decade ago :crylaugh:

Well yeah, me too. Which is why Rob182's mention of a two foot depth monitor surprised me. My home studio is a laptop, an audio interface and a hardware digital recorder. With space to spare on the desk. 

Edited by mjmooney

Had 8 days off and it was crap weather all that time. Back to work yesterday and it was lovely and sunny all day apart from late last night. I’m off now for 3 days and it’s currently pissing it down. I think I’m an annual leave Jesus, I have the shit weather during my time off so you don’t have to. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Had 8 days off and it was crap weather all that time. Back to work yesterday and it was lovely and sunny all day apart from late last night. I’m off now for 3 days and it’s currently pissing it down. I think I’m an annual leave Jesus, I have the shit weather during my time off so you don’t have to. 

Been 23-28 for the last 10 days here.

Sorry not sorry :P

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well yeah, me too. Which is why Rob182's mention of a two foot depth monitor surprised me. My home studio is a laptop, an audio interface and a hardware digital recorder. With space to spare on the desk. 

I may have been joking about the 2ft depth :P I know that home PCs have a slim screens nowadays, but I still see any PC as being quite dated looking. Or I just associate them with work computers.

(Unless, that is, someone is using 'PC' as a completely general term. In which case, I take it that they're talking about any 'computer', whether laptop, desktop, apple or otherwise).

• Like 1

Ordering white **** goods.

First I ordered from Currys, with a slot of 7-11, didn't arrive by the time I gave up and went out at 3. Then cancelled the order, got a refund and told them to get ****.

I now order from Argos, and they outsource the delivery to a company (TNT) that doesn't provide times slots and doesn't deliver weekends and furthermore doesn't allow collection from a store. So I have to book a holiday, sit in all day waiting for these asshats. I just want a **** fridge, why is it so **** hard..

21 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ok Alex, what’s her name?

Do we need to take this over to the relationship thread? ;)

Names aren't important... they're all bitches ;)

21 hours ago, snowychap said:

If you post your number on VT, I'm sure that we can find some people to get in touch with you. :)

If you want my number snowmeister then just ask :P

20 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd **** touch him..

Right on the anus..

Not today chum, had a chicken tikka baguette for lunch and i'm feeling a bit delicate. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Received a proper shitty email from a senior Director in another part of the organisation saying I had promised something to a client (I hadn't) and that I hadn't done something else (I had). They copied in my boss and my bosses boss with the sole intention no doubt of getting me into bother. Years ago I'd have been fretting and would have spoken to my manager all worried even though I know I hadn't done anything wrong. 

I'm not quite sure when my attitude changed... maybe its age or the fact i'm comfortable in the fact that I am good at my job but I basically 'replied to all' in the email and went to town! Called the sender out on his email of grossly incorrect assumptions and that he should perhaps check his facts before emailing me like that and embarrassing himself again. No doubt there will be some blowback on it but I'm not putting up with that bullshit. Tosser. 

I do love it when an opportunity like that arises, the higher the pay grade the better. 

Had a bottle of wine last night whilst watching a film, woke up with a proper thick head this morning.

I'm out of practice when it comes to wine, it makes me sick to think that a few years back me and my mate were drinking 2 or 3 bottles each every night.

I'm getting old

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Had a bottle of wine last night whilst watching a film, woke up with a proper thick head this morning.

I'm out of practice when it comes to wine, it makes me sick to think that a few years back me and my mate were drinking 2 or 3 bottles each every night.

I'm getting old

Yep, went out for an evening and we both drank wine. I've become used to 2 small glasses as a normal limit generally let alone during the week. Had about a bottle and a quarter's worth and was really feeling it this morning. Aging is shit.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yep, went out for an evening and we both drank wine. I've become used to 2 small glasses as a normal limit generally let alone during the week. Had about a bottle and a quarter's worth and was really feeling it this morning. Aging is shit.

Look at it another way. You drink less, you still have a good time, you endanger your health less, and it costs you less. Result. 

• Like 1

Â