Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd have said the opposite? Usually its people saying how superior their device is to an Apple product. 

All much of a muchness to me nowadays. 

The amount of likes our posts get within 24h will settle it ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd have said the opposite? Usually its people saying how superior their device is to an Apple product. 

All much of a muchness to me nowadays. 

Yeah I think it's tipping that way.

Guy at work told me the other day I was a sheep for having an iPhone.
He has a Galaxy S8 :blink:

• Like 1

Yep in my experience with my mates the ones who don’t like apple products are a lot more snobby about them and much more vocal in critiquing them. 

Maybe that’s because whatever they have is actually better than an iPhone. I honesty don’t know. I really couldn’t give a shit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep in my experience with my mates the ones who don’t like apple products are a lot more snobby about them and much more vocal in critiquing them. 

Maybe that’s because whatever they have is actually better than an iPhone. I honesty don’t know. I really couldn’t give a shit.

Apple, Samsung or Google... whatever phone I have, no one calls or texts :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Apple, Samsung or Google... whatever phone I have, no one calls or texts :(

Ok Alex, what’s her name?

Do we need to take this over to the relationship thread? ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

On my run today, I went past an old-ish man walking his two little yapper dogs. One of them snatched at my ankles and while I could have said something to their owner I decided to mind my own business and keep running. «F*** off with your running!» the man shouted at me as I was already well out of their way. I turn around and say «so it’s my fault now, is it?» surprised as I was at being told off for running on a frigging footpath. «They don’t like it when people run» was his brilliant reply. Don’t bloody walk them on a public footpath before you’ve properly trained them then! 

I get this all the time. "It's your own fault for running, it upsets my dog". Dickheads. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Received a proper shitty email from a senior Director in another part of the organisation saying I had promised something to a client (I hadn't) and that I hadn't done something else (I had). They copied in my boss and my bosses boss with the sole intention no doubt of getting me into bother. Years ago I'd have been fretting and would have spoken to my manager all worried even though I know I hadn't done anything wrong. 

I'm not quite sure when my attitude changed... maybe its age or the fact i'm comfortable in the fact that I am good at my job but I basically 'replied to all' in the email and went to town! Called the sender out on his email of grossly incorrect assumptions and that he should perhaps check his facts before emailing me like that and embarrassing himself again. No doubt there will be some blowback on it but I'm not putting up with that bullshit. Tosser. 

Had a pretty similar experience myself today. It all started yesterday when I sent an email out company wide about a change of policy.

Last night I got a pretty shitty email from the manager of one of our smaller offices (and I mean small), however she’s the CEO,s wife. She was having a pop at me for not consulting her over said policy change.

i didn’t reply until hours later with a quick... “I was instructed to send the email by the owner and Company Secretary, speak to him”

The Company Secretary then sent an email this morning saying, my email was correct, he made the change and I sent the email because that’s my job. In other words... don’t be having a pop at me because I’m doing my job :mrgreen:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I recall just a few nights ago, a certain @lapal_fan going off on one over whatsapp because I said I was getting a MacBook. His advice was to get a PC. cheaper, faster, blah blah blah bore off.

What year is it? 1997? The only people I know that have PCs are ultra-gamer-nerds and OAPs*

*and presumably @lapal_fan

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I recall just a few nights ago, a certain @lapal_fan going off on one over whatsapp because I said I was getting a MacBook. His advice was to get a PC. cheaper, faster, blah blah blah bore off.

What year is it? 1997? The only people I know that have PCs are ultra-gamer-nerds and OAPs*

*and presumably @lapal_fan

I have a PC, its ancient but it does the jobs I need it to do. Streaming Music, dicking about on t'internet and writing the odd Office Document.

It cost me £25, reconned from work. In fact, we have two of them.

If I was still doing my photography, I'd buy another Mac. 

• Like 1

Mine will be for music recording & production Bicks.

My main issue with a PC is that my studio is quite small, so I don't think I have room for the 2ft depth of the monitor.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

My main issue with a PC is that my studio is quite small, so I don't think I have room for the 2ft depth of the monitor.

I've got this fanciful idea of buying a drone at some point, I'll buy another Mac when I do

I asked for a small drone (more like a toy helicopter) with a camera for my birthday a few months ago. It's one you can control from your phone, and see through the camera. It's bloody difficult to fly, but I'm hoping to fly it down from my studio (in the loft), down two flights of stairs and onto the ground floor where I will either attack my wife, or deliver a post-it note that says 'coffee please'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

When people say 'a PC'  these days, I always assume they mean a laptop. Do desktop computers (with CRT monitors, rather than flatscreens) for home use even exist any more? 

Edited by mjmooney

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When people say 'a PC'  these days, I always assume they mean a laptop. Do desktop computers (with CRT monitors, rather than flatscreens) for home use even exist any more? 

I think I threw out my last CRT a decade ago :crylaugh:

Â