Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I ended up in the wee hours of Sunday morning drinking Hendricks gin ( which I don't like) and JD Honey ( which I also don't like)

and yet at no point during the drink anything alcoholic even if you don't like it stage , was I tempted to drink Guinness

it's marketing line therefore  should be  " Guinness  , so vile , even a pissed up clearing in the woods from Surrey at 3am won't drink it "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

My little local here in Sofia is run by an Irish man from Cork. His Guinness is very good and he'll always pour a pint from a new barrel and then throw it away. Although, by Bulgarian standards, he does charge a lot for a pint.

As a Corkman I'm surprised he hasn't got Murphy's or Beamish on the go

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Same, especially as I said above that Murphy's is the nicer drink (but that's obviously subjective)

But I imagine it's a case of demand. You probably don't get too many people asking for a Murphy's in Bulgaria.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

He has Murphy's too. Same rule applies to that as well. Beamish wouldn't sell well in Bulgaria. There is also an Irish themed Murphy's pub but it's a tourist trap and very shit. 

• Like 2

I got accosted in Gunsan, South Korea by a Mormon. I listened to him politely and then he told me his name was 'Elder Trumpet'. I laughed heartily, directly in his face, wished him the best of luck and then crossed the road to get away from him. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I got accosted in Gunsan, South Korea by a Mormon. I listened to him politely and then he told me his name was 'Elder Trumpet'. I laughed heartily, directly in his face, wished him the best of luck and then crossed the road to get away from him. 

Whereas Tonyh was wishing one of the ones approaching him would introduce herself as 'Elder Strumpet'.

On 19/03/2018 at 13:47, tonyh29 said:

I ended up in the wee hours of Sunday morning drinking Hendricks gin ( which I don't like) and JD Honey ( which I also don't like)

and yet at no point during the drink anything alcoholic even if you don't like it stage , was I tempted to drink Guinness

it's marketing line therefore  should be  " Guinness  , so vile , even a pissed up clearing in the woods from Surrey at 3am won't drink it "

Us real people from oop north wouldn't expect you to like Guinness, you live in shandyland

EDIT: And Hendricks is rather nice too!. JD Honey on the other hand sounds revolting, JD is shit bourbon but shit sweet bourbon hell no

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Us real people from oop north wouldn't expect you to like Guinness, you live in shandyland

EDIT: And Hendricks is rather nice too!. JD Honey on the other hand sounds revolting, JD is shit bourbon but shit sweet bourbon hell no

JD isn't Bourbon.

7 hours ago, V01 said:

JD isn't Bourbon.

Incorrect, the company chooses not to call it a bourbon but it meets all the requirements to be classified as a bourbon. It’s a whisky made from corn that meets the standard for a bourbon as laid out in the North American Free Trade Agreement.

if the company decided it was called fire piss would you argue it wasn’t a whiskey?

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Incorrect, the company chooses not to call it a bourbon but it meets all the requirements to be classified as a bourbon. It’s a whisky made from corn that meets the standard for a bourbon as laid out in the North American Free Trade Agreement.

if the company decided it was called fire piss would you argue it wasn’t a whiskey?

I suspect, like me V01 just reads the label and takes that as opposed to digging out NAFTA to make sure.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I suspect, like me V01 just reads the label and takes that as opposed to digging out NAFTA to make sure.

Actually, I knew that JD was bourbon, I just had to check the particular piece of legalese that made it so before posting. Otherwise, I really wouldn't have been arsed 

Tennesee Sippin' Whiskey is just a device that it's makers use to attempt to distinguish it from the rest of the field. The notion that Bourbon has to be made in Kentucky is also a falsehood.

• Like 1

Ellie Gibson

She ruins Go 8-Bit on Dave for me, she always has to butt in and say something, she isn’t funny and is just annoying. Is it Dara O’Briens show or hers? She’s crap on Eurogamer with her crap articles too. 

Ughhhhh.

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Ellie Gibson

She ruins Go 8-Bit on Dave for me, she always has to butt in and say something, she isn’t funny and is just annoying. Is it Dara O’Briens show or hers? She’s crap on Eurogamer with her crap articles too. 

Ughhhhh.

Is she the one that looks like Richard osman? 

Not a fan either - too much gurning! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2bVS40cz0

Deliberately displayed as a link, as it's very very sweary, click at your own risk :P

I agree with this video 100%. A bloke convicted for getting his girlfriend's dog to react to the phrase 'gas the jews'. As a joke.

Our country's laws on #causing offence' are **** disgusting. The law shouldn't restrict people's speech because some precious bastards are easily offended.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â