Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was. 8 digit number in username is the giveaway apparently

Yes. I think bot is the wrong term. Part of Putin's troll farm.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bickster said:

Expansion. That particular area I was talking about isn't in one of our currently licensed areas though it might be in the not to distant future and it’s a huge pain in the arse that it’s postcode crosses the Ribble, it means we'll have to send someone out there and do it ourselves as the other half of the postcode on Blandy’s side of the river is a further two licensed areas away and utterly pointless for us

You'd be wrong on the effectiveness btw. It’s very effective. As effective as the beer mats we give away to pubs and the napkins we give away to cafes & take-aways in conjunction with our huge billboard adverts and radio adverts. The strategy works, 11 million completed bookings a year prove it

you need to tell your marketing team to spend some money on fake google reviews , the current ones are predominantly negative and potentially libellous !!

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

you need to tell your marketing team to spend some money on fake google reviews , the current ones are predominantly negative and potentially libellous !!

We pay zero attention to them, ditto Facebook. Most of the comments are either drivers from rival companies or people who hate us for a variety of bizarre reasons.

Though I did get the local rag to delete an entire comments section on a story they ran about us last week (again largely untrue - and the complainee was one of their staff).

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The Met have been given more funding to continue the Madeleine Mccann jolly in Portugal. I mean, investigation.

The whole thing absolutely stinks. The fact that £11m and counting has been spent on it is salt in the wounds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The Met have been given more funding to continue the Madeleine Mccann jolly in Portugal. I mean, investigation.

Its incredibly sad that a little girl has gone missing but you would have to say enough is enough. 

I'm sure if it was my daughter I would fight for all its worth and be gutted if the search was called off but the costs are obscene now, and the chance of success is miniscule.

Seriously though, what can those officers really be doing day in day out.  What can they seriously be working on? What new leads are there and what old leads can possibly not have been followed up?

Yet The Police are admitting that they no longer have adequate man power to actually attend emergency calls in the UK right now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Its incredibly sad that a little girl has gone missing but you would have to say enough is enough. 

I'm sure if it was my daughter I would fight for all its worth and be gutted if the search was called off but the costs are obscene now, and the chance of success is miniscule.

Seriously though, what can those officers really be doing day in day out.  What can they seriously be working on? What new leads are there and what old leads can possibly not have been followed up?

Yet The Police are admitting that they no longer have adequate man power to actually attend emergency calls in the UK right now. 

Obviously there will be a backlash, so why are we throwing more money an resources at it? I just don’t get it.

This is one that absolutely should piss me off, and absolutely does. I was made aware of a Facebook post, that relates to the 'Football Lads Alliance' march, in Brum last Saturday. It was from a group claiming to be the Doncaster chapter of the 'FLA'. The post was in relation to the fact that part of the reason for the march, was to draw attention to the justice campaign for the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings. As with a lot of right wing musings, it was poorly written, but what pissed me off was the fact the writer, said that the bombings were the work of Muslim terrorists! Are people really that stupid?!

The FLA will tell you that they're against all extremism, but it didn't take too much scratching to get to surface of the real agenda.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Ah, Americans.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know people who think that terrorism first appeared on September 11th 2001.

Pretty dumb Americans

Timothy James McVeigh killed 168 people in Oklahoma in 1995 and that's ignoring the bomb attacks by the Jewish Defence League and Ted Kaczynski, which were really the birth of modern US domestic terrorism. Probably about 1978 iirc

Â