Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, choffer said:

qiEU5iq.jpg

I'm not sure if you're pissed off by the comment , or what they're complaining about, but even if you have no idea where j9 and j11 are, you can surely get some sense of if it's going to affect you if you have any idea where you're going and what junction you're getting off at.

And I'd much rather know roughly how long the congestion goes on for rather than sitting there in it wondering if it's like it for the next 50 miles.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure if you're pissed off by the comment , or what they're complaining about, but even if you have no idea where j9 and j11 are, you can surely get some sense of if it's going to affect you if you have any idea where you're going and what junction you're getting off at.

And I'd much rather know roughly how long the congestion goes on for rather than sitting there in it wondering if it's like it for the next 50 miles.

Not annoyed by the comment, more the fact that I regularly come down the M40 to see that there are signs saying major problems on the M25 with 2 hour tailbacks or some such at Junction 15. Is that going to impact on my journey? I've generally no idea. 

(It's not strictly true as I usually have the iPhone on telling me if there's problems, hence why it shouldn't pee me off).

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

My ears refusing to pop back swiftly. 24 hours since touchdown and still can barely hear a thing. I swear it's taking longer each time I fly. 

Stealth "been on holiday" brag post ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There’s also no need to warn of congestion at J9 of the M6. It’s pretty much a given most days.

• Like 3

On 12/03/2018 at 15:36, Rodders said:

My ears refusing to pop back swiftly. 24 hours since touchdown and still can barely hear a thing. I swear it's taking longer each time I fly. 

Earplanes - the best £5 you'll ever spend, won't get on a flight without them now

Earplanes-EP2-300.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'd never get those in my narrow lugholes. Looks painful. 

Not painful at all, just squeeze them in, they're tapered and the added bonus.... you can't hear the missus (or the screaming baby in the seat on the opposite side of the aisle)

It's amazing how many people who fly and suffer, don't know about them. £5, what have you got to lose!

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Cheers! Gone past the 50 hour mark and still can't hear properly :D

Got off a plane yesterday evening, could hear at about 90% almost straight away, the 10% loss is probably because I took them out mid flight to listen to some music. But hearing recovery was still pretty rapid even after that and my ears haven't popped once

49 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

How about show jumping?

I don't have a clue about show jumping, but for 3 hours this afternoon the radio at work the radio was on at Cheltenham, in those 3 hours 3 horses fell and a jockey broke his leg, and all they did was talk about how dangerous this 'sport' is for the jockey.

IMO it's cruel and serves no purpose being giving people a chance to gamble

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I don't have a clue about show jumping, but for 3 hours this afternoon the radio at work the radio was on at Cheltenham, in those 3 hours 3 horses fell and a jockey broke his leg, and all they did was talk about how dangerous this 'sport' is for the jockey.

IMO it's cruel and serves no purpose being giving people a chance to gamble

I think it's cruel too.

But I'm still going to Cheltenham tomorrow and I'll love it :( 

• Like 1

Â