Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The annual St Patricks day wankfest, where people all over the globe, with no Irish attachment, wear green clothes, eat green food, and drink green beer.

Just **** off the lot of ya.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The annual St Patricks day wankfest, where people all over the globe, with no Irish attachment, wear green clothes, eat green food, and drink green beer.

People having fun. Curse them!

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

http://newsthump.com/2017/03/17/everyone-pretending-to-like-guinness/

Everyone pretending to like Guinness

Man drinking guinness

Widespread reports are emerging today to suggest that everyone is currently pretending to enjoy pints of Guinness.

According to the reports, numerous pubs across the country are already full of people taking far too long over a pint and suppressing a shudder every time they take a sip of what is colloquially known as ‘the black stuff’.

The reason for the upsurge in people pretending to enjoy a ‘drink’ that tastes like ditch-water flavoured with misery is St. Patrick’s Day; A day where people across the globe put on furry green top hats and claim lineage to somewhere in the ‘auld country’.

“I love Guinness, actually,” said Simon Williams, a prick, as he barely stifled an involuntary retch.

“In fact, I’m one-sixteenth Irish, so that’s why I’ve got a taste for it. I’ll probably be drinking it all the time from now on I’d have thought.”

Mr Williams almost certainly then went on to claim that ‘actually it tastes loads better if you’re actually in Ireland’ despite never having been actually in Ireland in his life.

As pubs are expected to remain full of people like Mr Williams throughout the rest of the day, everyone who isn’t a colossal arsehole is advised to stay in tonight and watch Gogglebox instead.

:P

Although I do actually like Guinness. But I was fairly certain I was a simon when I first tried it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I concur

On 17/03/2018 at 10:28, Dr_Pangloss said:

Needing to wear a suit for a job interview tells me that the dinosaurs are still running things, totally unnecessary. 

Yeah. I stuck it the man at my interview, saying “I refuse to wear a suit”. I don’t think deep sea diving was really for me anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That article says that Guinness tastes like ditch-water. I thought the saying was dish-water, as in the water left over when you've done the dishes.

So I've learnt something today.

I think it originally was ditch-water but has evolved into dish-water over time. Probably because dish-water is a more common term and it’s slightly easier to say.

I think they’re both still used but because of the colour of Guinness I’d say ditch-water is more appropriate in this instance.

• Like 1

Guiness is 'meh'.  A huge triumph of marketing over substance.  It's just another mass produced beer.  I'll drink it if the only alternative is Carling, but that's about it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nothing wrong with Guinness when it's well-kept. 

No. Guinness only tastes right when you drink it somewhere that sells a lot of it. If you keep it, it's terrible. It means Wetherspoons is often the best Guinness in most UK towns.

It's a pretty ordinary stout though. I had a really nice stout in the Rose VIlla Tavern a few weeks back - annoyingly I've forgotten the name.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

No. Guinness only tastes right when you drink it somewhere that sells a lot of it. If you keep it, it's terrible. 

Quite so - and true of draught ale, too. I didn't mean "well kept" in the sense of "kept for a long time", but simply (like all beer) looked after by a competent cellarman (maintain appropriate temperatures, clean the lines, etc.) Which should attract discerning drinkers, and thus speed the turnover! 

• Like 3

A big generalisation and I may have said it before on here but its on topic. Guinness drinkers used to drive me mad when i worked in a pub which didn't serve Guinness. They would come in ask for Guinness without looking, tell them we don't have any but have got 2 alternative stouts and a porter, they'd have a grumble and end up going for a lager or something stupid like that.

And echoing the points above, a barrel of Guinness needs to be gone in 3 or 4 days ideally to ensure a good pint.

Yeah I took my ex’s dad out for a drink once and the first thing he asked the barman was whether they’d sold much Guinness that day. It hadn’t occurred to me that would be a consideration when ordering a pint of it.

My little local here in Sofia is run by an Irish man from Cork. His Guinness is very good and he'll always pour a pint from a new barrel and then throw it away. Although, by Bulgarian standards, he does charge a lot for a pint.

I like Guinness, I am totally baffled by people who stick blackcurrant in it though. I tried a sip of Guinness and Black once and it was bloody disgusting! 

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I like Guinness, I am totally baffled by people who stick blackcurrant in it though. I tried a sip of Guinness and Black once and it was bloody disgusting! 

On Saturday I saw the landlady of my local pour 3/4 of a Guinness and topped it up with a Smirnoff Ice. 

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

On Saturday I saw the landlady of my local pour 3/4 of a Guinness and topped it up with a Smirnoff Ice. 

Urged 

I would have barred them!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

Funnily enough I tried this on Saturday for the first time out of pure curiosity.

It was rank. Just tasted really really sweet.

I can only assume it's a drink for people who want to be seen to be drinking Guinness, but don't actually like Guinness 

Â