Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's cruel too.

But I'm still going to Cheltenham tomorrow and I'll love it :( 

The sport is pretty abhorrent, I'm not a fan.  That said, I still do the national every year so I'm as big a word removed as anyone :D  

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The sport is pretty abhorrent, I'm not a fan.  That said, I still do the national every year so I'm as big a word removed as anyone :D  

I suppose it is slightly cruel, but what are the horses doing alternatively?

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

:lol:

You can't say that. "Yes, your honour, I did bum that sheep, but honestly you should have seen him, he wasn't up to much anyway. He looked bored."

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, turvontour said:

There wouldn't be so many horses bred...

On balance, I think I'd rather not exist than be beaten to run faster, then euthanised when the **** dwarf on my back makes me break my leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Yeah. Basically my view.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

People who talk about their kids as if they're the first people in the world who have ever had children. 

Shut the **** up. Nobody cares about the little brats.

...and when they post something about them on social media accompanied by "I love him/her soooo much / my world etc etc ". Glad they cleared that up, the people that don't add that obviously hate their offspring.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

People who talk about their kids as if they're the first people in the world who have ever had children. 

Shut the **** up. Nobody cares about the little brats.

One of my mates gave birth to her first about a week ago. She used to be a right laugh, now it's just Bodhi this and Bodhi that. Firstly, what the **** kind of name is Bodhi.

I'm expecting her first "as a mother" comment any day now. I don't think we'll be friends for much longer. Babies are shit and ruin their parents.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One of my mates gave birth to her first about a week ago. She used to be a right laugh, now it's just Bodhi this and Bodhi that. Firstly, what the **** kind of name is Bodhi.

I'm expecting her first "as a mother" comment any day now. I don't think we'll be friends for much longer. Babies are shit and ruin their parents.

I have friends in ireland who called their baby Gobnait. Pronounced "gub-nett" :crylaugh:

And social catch ups when they happen ( 3/4 times a year seems about standard ) are only at lunchtimes, or early afternoon, obviously. Bastards. 

Edited by Rodders

A lot of new parents can be like that. I make it a point of only talking about kids when in conversation with other parents. Unless I’m specifically asked of course.

Although one benefit I find is after Villa lose, when I’m asked “did you watch the game last night?” with a knowing smile, wanting to provoke a reaction from me,  I just say firmly “nah mate, had my kid last night so was looking after her”.

The righteousness of it really throws them off their stride :D

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I think it's cruel, but then again I think fishing's cruel so my opinion might be invalid.

Paddywhack: No wait, wait! Bullfighting is a cruel, pseudo-sport!

dAVe80: Paddy's right! It is a cool, super sport!

At least I think it was us that said those things....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Paddywhack: No wait, wait! Bullfighting is a cruel, pseudo-sport!

dAVe80: Paddy's right! It is a cool, super sport!

At least I think it was us that said those things....

I know I didn't say that...because I've got no idea was pseudo means.

• Like 1

Credit to a few of my footy watching mates.

Now admittedly, I only see them on football days, but I'm always impressed when one turns up with a 14 year old kid they've not previously spoken about.

Thinking about it, I've presumed they just didn't talk about their kids until they were old enough to bring them along to the football.

But I suppose it could be that I just know a load of pseudos.

15 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

A lot of new parents can be like that. I make it a point of only talking about kids when in conversation with other parents. Unless I’m specifically asked of course.

Although one benefit I find is after Villa lose, when I’m asked “did you watch the game last night?” with a knowing smile, wanting to provoke a reaction from me,  I just say firmly “nah mate, had my kid last night so was looking after her”.

The righteousness of it really throws them off their stride :D

I rarely talked about my daughter to friends and colleagues as they didnt have kids or my daughter is an adult and their kids are babies, I talk about my grandson all of the time as I am dull. I dont care though.

• Like 1

People who water down Fairy liquid or hand soap to get the last bits out the bottle. Disgusting. If you’re going to do it, use warm water ONCE then throw it away.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Â