Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My new car is a hybrid .... a small part of me likes to think whoever hit my car thought yogurt knitting rocket polisher I’ll teach him ...

Audi at the front, Merc at the back?

A posh cut and shut? :mrgreen:

More BS spread on social media (by a female again).

Apparently the iphone can, if you use the SOS function, ping the nearest police station and they will send an officer to your exact location.

Good luck with that when you're being DUTWU in a dark alley outside the nightclub.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Didn't it work then Rob?

I'm trying to be serious here

:trollface:

39 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Apparently the iphone can, if you use the SOS function, ping the nearest police station and they will send an officer to your exact location.

Good luck with that when you're being DUTWU in a dark alley outside the nightclub.

So (if it were true) the moral of the story for would be attackers, is to steal their iPhone before carrying on with the attack? Nice of them to give rapists tips on social media.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

my favourite was always the if you if you are being made to take money out of an ATM under duress enter your pin number backwards  and it  calls the police  :crylaugh:

This hasn't happened to me recently, but the careers thread reminded me of it.

When you send your CV to a recruiter or recruitment site, and they forward it on to potential employers, but they've put it into their own shitty format rather than forwarding your original document.

That shit matters!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

2 work moans -

They’re quite flexible with what hours you work at our place, most people start at 8, only take half an hour lunch and leave at half 3. We’ve each got to have a days training over the next two weeks and they told us in a meeting that we’d have to work 9-5 on that one day but they’ll work something out if people have trouble with childcare.

Fitnessprick pipes up, “I don’t know if I can stay until 5, I usually get to the gym by 4. That’s leg day”. Team leader shrugs, says “sorry, you’ll have to stay. There’s a free lunch though”. He replies “I doubt it’s chicken and broccolli though is it? That’s what I usually have for lunch”.

Second one, we have an annual awards evening. Nothing too serious, just a few drinks and some certificates. There’s some real awards like best team, best team leader etc, then a few joke ones like rear of the year and the Usain Bolt award (quickest to leave).

The guy who sits next to me (who is a right bitchy gossip) was really looking forward to this years and was planning his evening. When we got our nomination sheets he revelled in telling me who he’d nominated in previous years. All very humorous, ironic votes, so the biggest guy in the office got his rear of the year vote, the guy with long, scruffy hair got the best hair vote and so on.

A week later we got the nominations, he was down for best hair (it’s like Karl Pilkington’s in Derek), best dressed (he dresses like worzel gummidge) and a couple of others. He went in a right mood. “Forget it, I’m not going just to be laughed at”.

I’ve been involved in organising a few staff awards, they can get a little tricky at times.

Bit surprised they have a “rear of the year” award though! 

Fitnessprick needs to be force fed cold sausage rolls and stale sandwiches from the corporate buffet.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’ve been involved in organising a few staff awards, they can get a little tricky at times.

Bit surprised they have a “rear of the year” award though! 

Fitnessprick needs to be force fed cold sausage rolls and stale sandwiches from the corporate buffet.

Yeah, that one got dropped this year actually. It creeps back every now and then, I’m guessing when there’s been enough of a turnover of staff and the new bottoms need assessing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't just throw this shit together. He had an 'interesting' story arc. ;)

It's not my scene, but friends are well in it.

I remember he was pwoper narsty ... Hmmm how did it go for him again?

A really surprising number of the most hate filled ended up with ladyboys in Thailand.

Can't remember if it was him though?

You know the story? Do remind me, please :)

Edited by Xann

Â