Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Work related post above reminded me of when I tried to organise a works Christmas meal and narrowing it down to 3 choices and letting everyone vote.

Have an out right winner and booked it. Then have someone in the team tell me she is unable to eat at that place because of the quality of food but doesn't mind coming along and will being her own lunch with her.

Really???

I am friends with a 30 year old perpetual student, that talks like a teen, refers to songs as bangers, uses the term holla me, that sort of thing, every time I read one of his facebook statuses I think of this....

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Nicola Vincenzo Crane.

Convicted violent neo nazi poster boy that had a gay double life, working the S&M clubs of London. Died of an aids / hiv related illnes in '93.

Loads of them went through life angry, just for the want of the love of a man.

You have any of the photographer's books?

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This hasn't happened to me recently, but the careers thread reminded me of it.

When you send your CV to a recruiter or recruitment site, and they forward it on to potential employers, but they've put it into their own shitty format rather than forwarding your original document.

That shit matters!

They were probably trying to do you a favour, didn't you read the reply they sent you? 

3135C83F-ED2D-4168-B666-AAB17A68A9C0-503-0000007B6A2E02D6.jpeg

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

They were probably trying to do you a favour, didn't you read the reply they sent you? 

3135C83F-ED2D-4168-B666-AAB17A68A9C0-503-0000007B6A2E02D6.jpeg

If I received a CV in comic sans I'd genuinely bin it without a second thought

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If I received a CV in comic sans I'd genuinely bin it without a second thought

Nah, I'd have to interview them just to see if they were actually mental! 

• Like 1

A homeless person asked for spare change so I checked my pockets and all I had was 10p. So I gave it to him. 

He looked at me in disgust and mumbled something. I said it's all I got, are you serious? He said walk away now in a threatening tone. I won't repeat what I said after that. 

I was furious with how ungrateful he was. Should I have not given him the 10p? Is there now a minimum amount you can give? 

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A homeless person asked for spare change so I checked my pockets and all I had was 10p. So I gave it to him. 

He looked at me in disgust and mumbled something. I said it's all I got, are you serious? He said walk away now in a threatening tone. I won't repeat what I said after that. 

I was furious with how ungrateful he was. Should I have not given him the 10p? Is there now a minimum amount you can give? 

that you Ed ?

1414790621562_Image_galleryImage_MANCHES

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This hasn't happened to me recently, but the careers thread reminded me of it.

When you send your CV to a recruiter or recruitment site, and they forward it on to potential employers, but they've put it into their own shitty format rather than forwarding your original document.

That shit matters!

IMO CV's etc should be sent as PDF's the insistence on Word.doc is stupid given the multiple format compatibility issues between different platforms and software versions

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You shouldn't give them money in the first place. Give them food, a hot drink and a bit of conversation if you have the time. Far more beneficial

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

You shouldn't give them money in the first place. Give them food, a hot drink and a bit of conversation if you have the time. Far more beneficial

I agree. It was a while back, spur of moment thing.  I did ask someone if he wanted something to eat the other day and he told me he doesn't need food just needs money. 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Apparently the most effective thing you can do for them is to report them to StreetLink (whose website appears to be down at the moment).

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree. It was a while back, spur of moment thing.  I did ask someone if he wanted something to eat the other day and he told me he doesn't need food just needs money. 

Drugs init , either that or he's not even homeless

Just now, choffer said:

Apparently the most effective thing you can do for them is to report them to StreetLink (whose website appears to be down at the moment).

depends where you are, different boroughs have different orgs looking after it, here we have No Second Night Out, run by an Organisation called the Whitechapel Centre, who've even been given a building by the council to act as an overnight shelter and  another for a day centre to help give advice and rehabilitate

Â