Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

I find it odd that people actually listen to commercial radio

Johnny Vaughn on Radio X is the only time I listen to it, the rest of the time it's my own tunes. 

The hold music I'm currently having to listen to is broken up slightly too often by the 'sorry we're busy, don't hang up' message thing. I'm finding this intensely annoying, doubly so on a day where I've thrown my Blackberry already.

It also breaks in in a manner exactly like someone answering the phone, with the pause and intake of breath, not helped by how often it does it midway through a note or something, so every time you get that mental 'shit right what am I calling for' thing.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

flamethrower-gif.gif

I'm surprised it took so long for this kind of response! 

I like him, his 4-7 show is great and proper makes me laugh on the omnishambles that is the M5/42 on the way home! 

15 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I'm surprised it took so long for this kind of response! 

I like him, his 4-7 show is great and proper makes me laugh on the omnishambles that is the M5/42 on the way home! 

I'm a fan of his too. Makes me chuckle and he's got some good material/segments. On the way home from work it's a real godsend.

Let's band together against the haters. Bring a baguette.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm a fan of his too. Makes me chuckle and he's got some good material/segments. On the way home from work it's a real godsend.

Let's band together against the haters. Bring a baguette.

I think the show is brilliant. 

Pet Town Quiz

Martin's Hot Tap

Gav's daily hero 

The search for the worlds greatest nickname

All of them are great features and proper funny, but my out and out favourite, which gets me every time, is the Dear Deadrie letters bit. Arrrggh. 

love it.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

picked up my new car yesterday

Just come back from the gym and someone has driven into it and scratched the bodywork ... and goes without saying driven off

**** people

That is why I don't buy nice cars or take pride in them. I did, once. Countless scratches, drive by scrapes, broken wing mirrors and dents later...never again.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Just come back from the gym and someone has driven into it and scratched the bodywork ... and goes without saying driven off

**** people

You should do what the Parisians do, nice car for long drives, shit car for round town

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

**** people

Probably an Audi driver. Scumbags ;)

Seriously though, feel for you. 

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

That is why I don't buy nice cars or take pride in them. I did, once. Countless scratches, drive by scrapes, broken wing mirrors and dents later...never again.

I've only had a new car once... brand new Merc delivered from the showroom to my house on the back of a truck. Handful of miles on it, 

Within a month my neighbour had ploughed into the side of it :(

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I've only had a new car one... brand new Merc delivered from the showroom to my house on the back of a truck. Handful of miles on it, 

Within a month my neighbour had ploughed into the side of it :(

Haha, that tickled me.

I treat new cars like new trainers, they look shit until you scuff em up a bit.

I've never had a new car, but I know the people who do appreciate my efforts.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Haha, that tickled me.

I treat new cars like new trainers, they look shit until you scuff em up a bit.

I've never had a new car, but I know the people who do appreciate my efforts.

I don't think I would ever buy a new car again. I don't drive enough to warrant one. I do about 2500 miles a year. 

Train rocket polisher innit?

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think I would ever buy a new car again. I don't drive enough to warrant one. I do about 2500 miles a year. 

Train rocket polisher innit?

I'd wank you off on a train, yea no bother mate.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I'd wank you off on a train, yea no bother mate.

Well i'm getting a train to York tomorrow so you could do it multiple times as its a 2 and a half hour journey. 

Â