Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It's the same in our office in the summer.. except I have no idea who controls the air con! I think its done remotely. Women are cold because they've rolled into work wearing flip flops, a vest and a thin skirt (as dress codes don't seem to apply to females in our office), while the blokes are sweating like pigs in microwaves in trousers, shirts and shoes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It's the same in our office in the summer.. except I have no idea who controls the air con! I think its done remotely. Women are cold because they've rolled into work wearing flip flops, a vest and a thin skirt (as dress codes don't seem to apply to females in our office), while the blokes are sweating like pigs in microwaves in trousers, shirts and shoes. 

Yeah , with you on that. No aircon at our place old NHS building but yeah already the deregulation on attire is visible for the ladies, me I could lose the tie is all. 

Add to this, that the rise in heat, and this is a slight increase it's nowhere near full summer, that off come the damn shoes. 

I don't want to see them pigs trotters and cankles and crusty heels. 

• Like 2

I have a (female) FB friend who lives and works in an office in New Orleans. She was telling me that in the summer they have the aircon turned to maximum freeze, and several of her colleagues then have fan heaters blasting heat below their desks. 

It's The American Way. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I have a (female) FB friend who lives and works in an office in New Orleans. She was telling me that in the summer they have the aircon turned to maximum freeze, and several of her colleagues then have fan heaters blasting heat below their desks. 

It's The American Way. 

Wouldn't heaters melt all the snowflakes though? It's a minefield over there these days. 

• Like 3

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:48, Paddywhack said:

Driclor, I can't recommend it enough.

This stuff is magic.

It's supposed to take 2 weeks to take effect, but I've only been using it from Saturday and it's basically already working.

I'm bone dry. I even went to the gym last night and there was barely a drip in that area, while the rest of me sweated like crazy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This stuff is magic.

It's supposed to take 2 weeks to take effect, but I've only been using it from Saturday and it's basically already working.

I'm bone dry. I even went to the gym last night and there was barely a drip in that area, while the rest of me sweated like crazy. 

It's fantastic isn't it? I used to have real perspiration problems in my late teens/early twenties, I'd put a tshirt on and after 5 minutes it'd be like I'd been swimming. Like you, I was sorted within days.

Stings a bit though!

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It's fantastic isn't it? I used to have real perspiration problems in my late teens/early twenties, I'd put a tshirt on and after 5 minutes it'd be like I'd been swimming. Like you, I was sorted within days.

Stings a bit though!

Doesn't sting for me but it itches like **** when I have it on.

But yeah so far it's amazing. Seems to be a recent problem for me, suddenly I'm a sweaty mess in the armpit area. This seems to have sorted it.

Yeah driclor literally changed my life. I always wore black shirts in summer to hide the fact I sweated a lot. 

But yeah it **** stings like a right clearing for me as I suffer from excessive sweating quite bad but once I'm asleep its fine. 

One thing I never got with it was that one application would last for days apparently but I have to put it on every other night. /sweaty loser.

• Like 1

Having to constantly chase invoices that are overdue.

It's the absolute bane of my working life and the only aspect of being self employed that I loathe.

58 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Having to constantly chase invoices that are overdue.

It's the absolute bane of my working life and the only aspect of being self employed that I loathe.

pay someone to do it for you? :) 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Stings a bit though!

Doesn't sting for me but it itches like **** when I have it on.

But yeah so far it's amazing. Seems to be a recent problem for me, suddenly I'm a sweaty mess in the armpit area. This seems to have sorted it.

How does it work though?  I wouldn't be keen on something physically blocking my body's method of regulating itself (i.e. pores).  Although I  appreciate the benefits probably outweigh the risks in your stinking sweaty cases :P

Speaking of deodorants that sting.  All aerosols on my arms feel like I'm using a flame thrower.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

How does it work though?  I wouldn't be keen on something physically blocking my body's method of regulating itself (i.e. pores).  Although I  appreciate the benefits probably outweigh the risks in your stinking sweaty cases :P

Speaking of deodorants that sting.  All aerosols on my arms feel like I'm using a flame thrower.

Supposedly it does exactly that. Forms some sort of gel matrix on your armpit pores and blocks the sweat.

That sweat still makes it's way out, but from other areas.

Apparently.

Smell wasn't a problem for me, it was just the patches.

I've found the humble Dove For Men sorted my pits problem but I sympathise with how embarrassing patches are.  I used to wear a jumper almost all year round at one stage so it wouldn't show up.

Another election thing that's pissed me off is they had someone from the Pirate Party on Daily Politics and he wasn't dressed up as a pirate.

Bought some so I'll give it a go, I tend to find that I don't suffer from BO but every now and then the roll on will start to smell a bit funky, it's a constant battle where I'm not quite sure what works and what doesn't, I change product all the time, it's almost like they work for 2 weeks and body gets round it so I change, I also shave my pits to try and stop it

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Supposedly it does exactly that. Forms some sort of gel matrix on your armpit pores and blocks the sweat.

That sweat still makes it's way out, but from other areas.

Apparently.

Smell wasn't a problem for me, it was just the patches.

Is there a race of people that have had a DNA incident that means 90 % of them don't smell no matter how sweaty they get? This might be something else though so could be wrong :mellow:

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Another election thing that's pissed me off is they had someone from the Pirate Party on Daily Politics and he wasn't dressed up as a pirate.

well that's two of us the Pirate Party have pissed off

They had a candidate here in the local elections and he had 3 votes less than the UKIP guy, three bloody votes. Imagine if he'd worn the outfit.

• Like 2

Stage Fright...

Driving to work, becomes clear that I "need to drop the kids off at the pool" but stuck in traffic. Feeling increasing to almost pain and three minute warning,  almost touching cloth, get in to work, leg it to bog and nothing? What's the matter, after all that, stage fright or something? W t f. 

• Like 1

Â