Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

On a related note, people who push a pedestrian crossing button and then cross the road without waiting for their red. Leaving the cars to stop at an abandoned red. I have rocks in my passenger floor well just to throw at people who do that. 

I don't really.

You've run out? :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You've run out? :D

No they're for cyclists

I'm joking, I'm joking cyclists !

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's the time as well though.  I only eat to stay alive,  I eat when I have too but how do you fit all that eating into a day ?

If I spend 20 minutes in total eating per day then that's about average.  7000 calories + the go slow or nap after a big meal then it's the complete day either eating or getting ready for the next bit of nosh.

I used to think that until I was sat in the canteen at work and watched somebody literally have a lunch hour, in that they ate for a whole 60 minutes.  He must have easily doubled his daily calorie intake in one sitting so I can see how 7000 can be done.  The guy is a machine.

I reckon I could eat 7000 calories every day if I didn't give a ****. 

My appetite is approaching insatiable. I'm always hungry. Almost literally always. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Here's a fact that once you've read you'll just have to check out.

Most (but not all) pedestrian crossings have a secret button. It's underneath the box towards the right. It's cone shaped and textured. It spins when it's safe to cross. It helps blind people when there is a lot of traffic noise.

Or.........this might be an urban legend.  

You'll never know unless you check!

As for the button on the crossing, pretty much most days I actually attended school, serial "wagger" here, I really must apologise for all the times I broke a match stick and jammed it in the small gap between the button and its casing, thus creating a perma-press situation at the lights next to my secondary school that basically kept the lights red in peak time and caused major traffic. Daily, over five years.

as an adult, looking back, and a hater of all things traffic related, I have to apologise for my idiocacy regardless of how much of it being a daily necessity it was back then. In those days there was the big button (which allowed the match stick to fit in nice and smug) and the regular sized button. I have no idea, looking back, who would get the tweezers out, but it was never there two days in a row put it that way, never once. Sorry if you are reading this, if that was you. I was even more of a clearing in the woods back then as I am today. 

No excuse, just a clearing in the woods and I hold my hands up

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I reckon I could eat 7000 calories every day if I didn't give a ****. 

My appetite is approaching insatiable. I'm always hungry. Almost literally always. 

And me, I really really enjoy good food (and a fair bit of bad food....)

• Like 1

I read something the other day about this girl who had a condition that meant she was always hungry, no mater how much she ate.
I've genuinely wondered if I had something like that before :D 

i like watching randy santel on youtube doing food challenges and used to love man vs food, my thing is i couldnt eat a dustbin burger or 5kg of chips or anything but could quite happily sit and eat 5 plates worth of various foods at a buffet, gorge on pizza until i cant eat anymore but if someone stuck chinese in front of me id find some space

50 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Well, she does have a public LinkedIn photo.........

https://imgur.com/a/oKE36

Jesus H :o:o

Ok....there can be only ONE reason she's being made redundant. There's an old hag in HR (or she has a female manager) who hate all the attention she gets and is giving her the push.

The fact that she might be crap at her job wouldn't even come in to it.

You have my sincere sympathies :(

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I read something the other day about this girl who had a condition that meant she was always hungry, no mater how much she ate.
I've genuinely wondered if I had something like that before :D 

You've probably got a beef tapeworm :trollface:

• Like 1

Â