Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I had a strange new variation on this only a week ago.

I was walking through the park to work at about 7:45am so the park was fairly quiet. Striding along towards me was a dude in sunglasses and a suit, really owning his strut. He was a good distance away, I changed my position slightly on the footpath and was walking along checking early e-mails. I glanced up, we're back on collision course, so I tacked over to the side again, whilst looking at him.

Seconds later stridey mcstride face is back on collision course so I braced for impact and we bumped shoulders.

Being a reasonable soul, I turned and said sorry. But he launched in to a tirade about watching where I was going and how stupid I was. Getting all up in my face. 

Being a reasonable soul that doesn't respond well to threats, I have to say I stepped forward not back and got very verbally violent very quickly.

I don't think he'd expected that, I think he'd presumed he'd be on to knock the phone out of someone's hand and claim some weird moral high ground.

He appears to have changed his route to work since this little chat happened.

He obviously took your threat to call round and redesign his house, seriously! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think spending time living in Spain changed me. Apologies never happen out there for things like public collisions. 

What else can you expect from Johnny Foreigner. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've found a key on my key ring that I don't recognise.  I can't for the the life of me remember what it's for, it's doing my nut.

Stopped at someone's house recently and were given their spare key?

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Stopped at someone's house recently and were given their spare key?

My old man's on holiday and gave me the zapper for the burglar alarm but I've already got a door key.  Maybe it's for something else round there.

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The fact that 10% of the NHS budget goes into treating type 2 diabetes pisses me off. That's more than smoking and alcohol. Sugar is fast becoming what is ruining our health system (apart from politicians) and no one seems to want to do anything about it. I don't have anything against fat people, but I do think the percentage of fat people in our country is beyond belief at the moment. Yesterday I had to stand on a train from Southampton to London because a fat guy literally took up two whole seats with his fatrolls. He didn't even flinch or apoligise when an old lady asked if he could move over, me and another bloke had an argument with him to get up so this old lady could sit and it took him 10 minutes to get up. On his way up he let rip like a disgusting pig.

Is self inflicted fatness the new epitome of egoism?

Sorry about that, those pork pies will be the death of me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've found a key on my key ring that I don't recognise.  I can't for the the life of me remember what it's for, it's doing my nut.

Window key, balcony key, electricity cupboard key?

They are the 3 keys on my keyring that I have never used in 3 years!

I've been trying to get home from town since 4pm, it is now 20:27, god damn Germans and their bombs...I say I've been trying to get home, what I really mean in that I decided to sit in the pub till it all died down, i reckon I can get on the next bus, it ain't looking took bad now.

Don't know why I'm posting this in this thread, it hasn't pissed me off at all, good excuse to sit in the pub and go thchippy on the way home

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The fact that 10% of the NHS budget goes into treating type 2 diabetes pisses me off. That's more than smoking and alcohol. Sugar is fast becoming what is ruining our health system (apart from politicians) and no one seems to want to do anything about it. I don't have anything against fat people, but I do think the percentage of fat people in our country is beyond belief at the moment. Yesterday I had to stand on a train from Southampton to London because a fat guy literally took up two whole seats with his fatrolls. He didn't even flinch or apoligise when an old lady asked if he could move over, me and another bloke had an argument with him to get up so this old lady could sit and it took him 10 minutes to get up. On his way up he let rip like a disgusting pig.

Is self inflicted fatness the new epitome of egoism?

This reminds of a TTPMOBS.

Whenever I hear "I'm big and beautiful and I don't care" sort of thing. I work with a lady that used to be like that.

She's now desperately dieting because she has diabetes and doctors told her she's killing herself.

It only pissesbme off because I don't want people to damage their health and don't want others to think it's an okay way to be, health wise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I've been trying to get home from town since 4pm, it is now 20:27, god damn Germans and their bombs...I say I've been trying to get home, what I really mean in that I decided to sit in the pub till it all died down, i reckon I can get on the next bus, it ain't looking took bad now.

Don't know why I'm posting this in this thread, it hasn't pissed me off at all, good excuse to sit in the pub and go thchippy on the way home

This man is my soulmate.

47 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

This reminds of a TTPMOBS.

Whenever I hear "I'm big and beautiful and I don't care" sort of thing. I work with a lady that used to be like that.

She's now desperately dieting because she has diabetes and doctors told her she's killing herself.

It only pissesbme off because I don't want people to damage their health and don't want others to think it's an okay way to be, health wise.

Ah the old "I'm fat and I'm beautiful until my heart can't cope with it anymore" bird. You'd be hard pressed to find an escape route out of bed with one of these women.

d59ad424c448268151a6ddcfd0e78091ac57d83c

Funny thing is that what makes them eat is unhappiness, then they get unhappy because they eat. National service for anyone over 35 in BMI (unless they are athletes or heavy in muscle)?

Edited by magnkarl

Walking into work just knowing I was going to be regaled with every single team member's traffic story, in detail. Yes, there was traffic. Yes, we were all stick in it. No, I have never seen anything like it. x13 responses.

• Like 3

Waiting for the roofers to come back to complete my garage roof repair, which is still leaking. Haven't seen them since last thursday when they "ran out of materials". Loads of rubbish still left on my driveway too. Ok, i guess those better in the know than me will quote about poor weather conditions hampering efforts but what really annoys me is the total lack of communications as to what's going on. Yeah I'm not their only customer but I'm always chasing them for updates. 

I blame myself in a way as i tend to be very friendly and trying to engage the workmen in dialogue, whilst apologising for my poor efforts at patching up the roof last year. They must've thought "we've got a right soft clearing in the woods here lads, no probs taking the piss with this one, blagging about material shortages etc !"

At least i haven't paid anything up front yet so I'm not totally peed off.....but....aaaaaarrrgh !!! :angry:

Â