Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I don't think I've owned a CD (or a DVD for that matter), in 10+ years. I don't "put them all on my computer", but my taste isn't particularly niche, I don't think I've ever wanted to listen to a song that's not on Spotify.

Books are pretty much the only physical media I keep around (and I'm thinking about stocking up a charity shop by dropping off the hundreds of the things I've got on shelves all over the house)

35 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

The Moonman doesn't do vinyl.  

Funnily enough I have just this minute been playing some. I have a turntable in my 'music room' where I keep the LPs that I have not yet replaced with CDs. 

What I definitely do NOT do is buy any new vinyl, that is just madness. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Exactly this. I love CDs, still buy loads of them. 

Me too. I like Vinyl too, but the best sound (I have a pretty decent CD player and Amp) is definitely (to my ears) from the CDs. I listen, on the move, on trains or in the car etc. to songs on my telephone MP3s, but for a proper sit donw and listen at home, CDs win. Vinyl wins for some stuff, where it's not particularly "detailed" music and the warmer sound suits it.

• Like 4

On 06/03/2017 at 14:41, lapal_fan said:

That viral video going around of that 40-something year old bloke phoning a primary school up, pretending to be a 4 year old, telling the school he won't be in today because he's sick.

In the call he says things like "my mom and dad are in bed and they told me to ring you"

"They are lazy"

"what's your name" after calling himself "timmy".

I like funny videos or whatever, but that one, for some reason really cheesed me off.

He's filming it himself, sat in the kitchen, so there is ZERO spectacle, his voice is just high pitched and really doesn't even sound like a child, he's from "oop north" making it even more irritating.  The person he's calling is obviously quite concerned about this "child" and his whereabouts, and if he's safe.. He's wasting this persons time, when I'm sure the school would benefit her time being spent on actually helping people who need help, or clogging up the phone line for a 10 minute prank call..

And it's been viewed 10 billion times, everyone seemingly loves it, and you know the bloke that did it will think he's the bollocks and he'll do another one and it'll become "a thing".

Faaaackin' ell' Arry'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4250170/Comedian-pranks-primary-school-hilarious-viral-video.html 

A comedian's impersonation of a child calling up an unsuspecting primary school to claim he's sick has rapidly gone viral

https://www.starnow.com/timbradbury/  

^ His professional profile :lol: 

He's trying to make this "a thing".

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I like Vinyl too

When Mrs H and the kids were away one time I held a curry and vinyl night at mine  with a group of dads that I know through NCT  these past 12 years

the idea was pick a record for us to listen to and say why it means something or heck just pick a  song you like

one of the guys played Julia's song a B side by OMD  .. turns out he met this girl at a party , went back to her place and noticed a few pictures of this girl and Andy McCluskey  , so of course she asked how he knew him .. turns out she was his girlfriend at the time , and she wrote that song and OMD recorded it as a B side 

pretty cool story  , hey

My turn  .. Roland Rat Superstar , Rat Rappin cause it was the only vinyl record I still owned when I went rummaging around in the loft  looking for something to play

needless to say , next time it will be a CD and curry night  ....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

CDs and DVDs etc are just clutter, it's just one more thing to dust. A couple of years ago we had a skip for some building work. Made a decision, a tough one I thought, but I chucked hundreds of DVDs and CDs into that skip. It was easier than selling them,or giving them away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darrenm said:

CDs? People still actually use them?

My dad makes about £250 a week buying them in bulk and reselling them on eBay/Amazon. I told him he'd be wasting his time. Good thing he never listens to me. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39350805

Reading some of the comments on this article. This is why I am not on any social media platform.

Lowlives.

Complete words removed.

Why comment and say 'who?'. Just don't comment. I have no idea why BBC have a HYS option. its nearly as bad as YouTube comments!

9 hours ago, blandy said:

Me too. I like Vinyl too, but the best sound (I have a pretty decent CD player and Amp) is definitely (to my ears) from the CDs. I listen, on the move, on trains or in the car etc. to songs on my telephone MP3s, but for a proper sit donw and listen at home, CDs win. Vinyl wins for some stuff, where it's not particularly "detailed" music and the warmer sound suits it.

Agreed. It's definitely horses for courses. You don't really want crackle on 'classical', but it adds something to the Small Faces.

To go back to @mjmooney's point about gaps in between contiguous tracks, it was driving me mad with the house cd player (something modern by Cambridge), so I upgraded to a 1990's cd player and it's solved it. Progress, eh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

A barber dry shaving the back of your neck.

You're a barber.  A professional.  You have all the tools of your trade at your disposal.  I'm here for one **** thing and you DRY shave my neck.  Now it looks like a **** turkey's chin and my shirt collar feels like heated sandpaper.  You're an embarrassment to your trade you **** sham-artist.

:crylaugh:

The hate is coming from the pain.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Now it looks like a **** turkey's chin

Its a wattle!

BOF looking fly after his recent haircut...

wattle.jpg

• Like 1

Last time I went to the barbers they went straight past me to the next person.

So I said "I want my hair cut"

They were a bit perplexed so I sat down and they started buzzing for a few seconds.

Afterwards they didn't know what to charge me. 

That validated my normal home clippers no.1 all over routine.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I **** hate getting my hair cut.  There's nothing worse than that anxious wait while you're hoping the decent barber finishes before the other one as I haven't got the nerve to say 'nah, I'll wait for the other guy thanks'.

I dont think about the best one, I'm hoping for the fittest one :) 

(yes, they are all female at the barbers I go to)

Â