Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 22/03/2017 at 16:07, rodders0223 said:

CDs and DVDs etc are just clutter, it's just one more thing to dust. A couple of years ago we had a skip for some building work. Made a decision, a tough one I thought, but I chucked hundreds of DVDs and CDs into that skip. It was easier than selling them,or giving them away.

yep, did that about 10 years ago as well. 

got rid of all cd's, dvd's, books, and moved to purely digital.    

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have a few.

A woman at work's husband has a Jaguar (car, not animal you dick). She thinks this is a MASSIVE deal. She always refers to it as "the jag". "Dave's picking me up in the jag". "we went to Stratford in the Jag". "Dave washed the jag".
Lots of people have jaguars. It's not a big deal. It's especially not a big deal to someone who worked for Jag for nearly 10 years (me). Call it a car you plonker!

What's more, she recounted the other day about going for petrol. "We went to the Shell Garage and because we were in the Jag, a man came out and filled up the car for us!"

No, you dickhead. That's what (some) shell garages do now. I can absolutely guarantee they didn't do it because you're husband drives a **** XE.

Secondly, why are there STILL proper established shops that don't take card payments.

FInally, is it a rule that cashiers have to instruct you on what to do when you're paying with your card.
It happens very regularly that I'm stood there with my card out, next to the machine, waiting to insert the card when the machine tells me to. Then it pops up with "Insert your card", I go to insert it and the cashier says "Insert your card when you're ready please"

"YES! I can read. you can see me stood here ready to do that. I'm looking at the machine. You don't need to tell me"

"Enter your pin please"

"I can read you **** head!"

"Remove your card when you're ready please"

"I'VE ALREADY **** REMOVED IT YOU VEGETABLE DICK! YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME!!!!"

Bad day? 

• Like 2

So just seen some guy come of his pushbike, no helmet and he has gone head first over the handle bars and landed about 5ft away.

As you can imagine he was in a bad way, blood coming from his head and started fitting. Really not good.

Did what I could and ran and flagged down a police car while others tried to help him.

Meanwhile some of the youth of today stood around having a look, taking photos and one girl felt the need to ring a mate and with excitement in her voice say "oh sick there is a man dying here" which he very possibly was, he was certainly in a bad way.

What is wrong with people? I mean seriously, what I wrong with them. When did that sort of thing become the way you react in a situation like that?

I despair of some people in our society I really do they are utter scum.

• Like 1

Red Nose Day and that I've been watching it for 30 minutes with the UK's finest comedians and not laughed once yet

and then Ross called Billy Connelly possibly the greatest comedian of the generation ... duck right off 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Red Nose Day and that I've been watching it for 30 minutes with the UK's finest comedians and not laughed once yet

and then Ross called Billy Connelly possibly the greatest comedian of the generation ... duck right off 

Because I'm a masochist, I've decided to challenge myself. I'm not going to change channel until I've actually, genuinely laughed. 

Its going to be a long night, I fear. 

• Like 1

Comic Relief and Children in Need - i'm not going to criticise them because they raise a staggering amount of money, but my word, I'd rather rub nettles on my cock and balls and sit on a cactus than watch a minute of the cringe worthy tripe. 

• Like 4

I don't imagine I could recognise a single one of his songs but they must be astonishingly good for someone with such an ugly moonfaced ginger noggin to become so famous. 

(I appreciate this isn't an original thought in this thread)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I didn't manage that long. Have the beeb laid off all their sound engineers?

Vic & Bob doing Donald and Davey Stott was brilliant, even with an audience and guest (Susanna Reid) who didn't get it. I'll be doing my Stott voice all night in the pub now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Vic & Bob doing Donald and Davey Stott was brilliant, even with an audience and guest (Susanna Reid) who didn't get it. I'll be doing my Stott voice all night in the pub now.

Missed it! :(  might be able to find it on YT soon though I hope!

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So just seen some guy come of his pushbike, no helmet and he has gone head first over the handle bars and landed about 5ft away.

As you can imagine he was in a bad way, blood coming from his head and started fitting. Really not good.

Did what I could and ran and flagged down a police car while others tried to help him.

Meanwhile some of the youth of today stood around having a look, taking photos and one girl felt the need to ring a mate and with excitement in her voice say "oh sick there is a man dying here" which he very possibly was, he was certainly in a bad way.

What is wrong with people? I mean seriously, what I wrong with them. When did that sort of thing become the way you react in a situation like that?

I despair of some people in our society I really do they are utter scum.

Jesus. That's disgusting but sadly not surprising these days. Hope the bloke will be ok

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Missed it! :(  might be able to find it on YT soon though I hope!

Not the best quality, but you get the gist. Seems this sketch hasn't gone down too well. :crylaugh:

That did nothing to convince me I've been wrong not to find Reeves and Mortimer funny all these years. Seems the studio audience agreed.

Cringeworthy and creepy, felt sorry for her.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

^^^ Susana Reid is a right naughtly little milf. Don't blame Vic for copping a feel of her leg, I'd have done the same, and then some!

Classy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Pret are offering 16-18 years olds unpaid 'work experience' in an unskilled retail job. **** right off. That's another shower of words removed to go on my boycott list.

Backlash caused the CEO to shit himself and they're now paying them.

It's the kind of business that is a bit buggered if only 1 in 50 applicants for a job is British.  If it's genuine work experience for a week or two then it's not that bad as to some being a barista, prepping food and even cleaning or serving is a skill in itself but a whole summer unpaid is shocking.  Luckily they've done a u-turn.

Â