Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Moving on from my rant at youngsters and how they pose for photos (girls do the sulky pout, boys do the james dean scowl....what's wrong with a fcking smile !?)......it seems to be the fashion for some of the instagram folk i follow (in a desperate attempt to keep up with my niece, nephew and other such younger family members), they post up little 5 or 10 second video clips that they rock back and forth in a rewind/fast forward style - again...why ??? And it can be of the most inane subject too, like a moving pic of their dinner or the latest pair of trainers they spunked £150 on.

Or am i being unreasonable :o

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

some of the instagram folk i follow (in a desperate attempt to keep up with my niece, nephew and other such younger family members),

Likely excuse :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Likely excuse :P

Ok ok....i will admit to following ariel winter (she of modern family tv programme) and not just cos she's got fantastic norks.....

....ok, totally cos of her norks :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Ok ok....i will admit to following ariel winter (she of modern family tv programme) and not just cos she's got fantastic norks.....

....ok, totally cos of her norks :wub:

They are a work of art!

• Like 1

For some reason for about the past week I've been waking up with my back in pain but this morning was particularly bad. It hurt to move at all and I was walking around like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

I was going to have a shower to ease it, call in sick and go back to bed but I thought better of it. I've got stuff to do at work and it felt a a bit after a shower.

On my way in I stepped on a loose slab shooting dirty, sandy water all up both legs and stained my rather light jeans making it look like I've had a dirty accident.

Should have stayed in bed.

Waking up with the urge to listen to Castles Made of Sand, by Hendrix, particularly the guitar solo, finding the CD, getting in my car, skipping to the track, listening to the song, only for the CD to start jumping as it gets to the solo. :(

Thankfully I've got the song on the Greatest Hits CD, and on my copy of Axis: Bold As Love.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Waking up with the urge to listen to Castles Made of Sand, by Hendrix, particularly the guitar solo, finding the CD, getting in my car, skipping to the track, listening to the song, only for the CD to start jumping as it gets to the solo. :(

Thankfully I've got the song on the Greatest Hits CD, and on my copy of Axis: Bold As Love.  

On a vaguely related note, the CD player in my car insists on inserting a second of silence between tracks that were designed to run together, which is very annoying. I feel it ought to be be a user-adjustable feature (particularly as it seems to be an identical player to the one in my previous car, which didn't do it), but I'm damned if I can find anything in the menu settings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

That's one of those songs that I occasionally get a crazy urge to listen to as well. That and Little Wing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, darrenm said:

CDs? People still actually use them?

I've got thousands of the things, and I don't have time to put them all on my computer. Plus I have a CD player in my house, and in the car.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

On a vaguely related note, the CD player in my car insists on inserting a second of silence between tracks that were designed to run together, which is very annoying. I feel it ought to be be a user-adjustable feature (particularly as it seems to be an identical player to the one in my previous car, which didn't do it), but I'm damned if I can find anything in the menu settings. 

Yes, I have this problem too. You wouldn't get this problem if they'd installed vinyl players in cars! :crylaugh::thumb:;)

40 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yes, I have this problem too. You wouldn't get this problem if they'd installed vinyl players in cars! :crylaugh::thumb:;)

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

@Jon

Mike's wheels

car-record-player.jpg

The Moonman doesn't do vinyl.  

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

I've got thousands of the things, and I don't have time to put them all on my computer. Plus I have a CD player in my house, and in the car.

Exactly this. I love CDs, still buy loads of them. 

• Like 3

Â