Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Not the best quality, but you get the gist. Seems this sketch hasn't gone down too well. :crylaugh:

Sound quality was better on that than it was on the night. 

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

That did nothing to convince me I've been wrong not to find Reeves and Mortimer funny all these years. Seems the studio audience agreed.

Cringeworthy and creepy, felt sorry for her.

Classy.

Agreed, it was a complete tumbleweed moment for me (I only watch comic relief in dribs and drabs but even then it was a major tumbleweed moment amongst many other tumbleweed moments. 

Very little on comic relief is ever very funny.  I don't know why they don't just get in a shed load of comedians and let them all do 10 mins of their stand up routines. Would be 100% funnier. 

Never found anything about Vic and Bob funny outside of shooting start. 

Susanna Reid is indeed the uber MILF. The term might have been invented for her.  Mmmmmm

Edited by sidcow

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Red Nose Day and that I've been watching it for 30 minutes with the UK's finest comedians and not laughed once yet

and then Ross called Billy Connelly possibly the greatest comedian of the generation ... duck right off 

Totally agree your first point. 

Can't agree about the Big Yin. For 40 years he stood head and shoulders over 2 to 3 generations of comedians transcending various changes in comedy styles. Totally unrivalled. 

It's only in the last few years with the advent of some razor sharp brilliant comedian's breaking through that he seems old hat, and this coinciding with age and illness. I am certain if he was in top health he would be going head to head with the young upstarts. 

I had the privilege of seeing him live at The Hammersmith Apollo about 15 years ago and it is undoubtedly the best live comedy I have ever seen. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Vid and Bob did Comic Relief a few years back and it didn't go down very well then either.  I love them, especially Bob.  Whenever he is on Would I Lie To You, some of the stuff he comes up is genius.  This is one of my favourite bits of TV ever.  

Could watch his appearances on WILTY over and over again. The one with the hand lion is my favourite.

• Like 2

You have to like 'nonsense' comedy to love Vic & Bob. If you don't like it then you will hate them. Much like the boosh.

I grew up watching Smell of R&M and then shooting stars so they hold a special place in my heart. 

Princes Wardrobe being too wee on Antiques Roadshow is one of my favourite sketches.

Oh and Billy Connelly is without doubt in the top 10 comedians of all time. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

You have to like 'nonsense' comedy to love Vic & Bob. If you don't like it then you will hate them. Much like the boosh.

I grew up watching Smell of R&M and then shooting stars so they hold a special place in my heart. 

Princes Wardrobe being too wee on Antiques Roadshow is one of my favourite sketches.

Oh and Billy Connelly is without doubt in the top 10 comedians of all time. 

I love Vic and Bob, I think Boosh is shit though

One of those things I hate about comedians is when they only seem to have 1 theme.

Sarah Milican - being a woman

That Israeli lady - being from Israell

Lenny Henry - being black

Every show the same act. How do they make a living out of it?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of those things I hate about comedians is when they only seem to have 1 theme.

Who's that?

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Who's that?

I assume Genre's geography is off and he means Shappi Khorsandi, who is always on the BBC

Edit: beaten to it but guessed right

Edited by Mozzavfc
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Had to Google it as couldn't remember her name, seen her on Live at the Apollo a couple of times and its the same act over and over. (EDIT: Its Iran, not Israel that she's from)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shappi_Khorsandi

Oh yeah, she's crap. I have seen on her on a few things and don't find her funny at all.

As with all types of sketch show, you can't like all of it.

The Stott's were great with willing participants like Damon Hill and Sinead O'Conner.  And with their own crowd who "get it" then the Stott's are actually very funny.

But like all comedy, if the crowd aren't with you (and in the CiN thing, it was quite obvious they didn't "get it" or hadn't previously seen it) - then you just get 2 old blokes in silly costumes with silly voices joking about with someone who doesn't get it.  And inevitably it doesn't work. 

But that sketch they did is like for like with what they did in 1991-3, with a bit of Shooting Stars in it - It's Children in Need, they aren't going to do anything mental for a 5 minute live segment.

Couldn't tell you my absolute fave Vic and Bob moments, but I love the Councillors, The Club, Monsieur Papin, Slade, Marvin Gaye and the other bloke, Masterchef, some of the "art house" stuff they do and Mulligan and O'Hare. 

Wasn't a huge fan of House of Fools, but even that had it's moments.  I Fudging love Catterick though - that's grande "Are you an American Actor?" "Do I know you?" :lol: 

I've been trying to reigtser with a dentist and a GP all morning. why do no **** GPs or dentists have proper phone systems? You shouldn't hear an engaged tone and have to just keep on trying all day in 2017.

Â