Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've been trying to reigtser with a dentist and a GP all morning. why do no **** GPs or dentists have proper phone systems? You shouldn't hear an engaged tone and have to just keep on trying all day in 2017.

I had to go private for a dentist, I gave up trying to find an NHS dentist after about 10 phone calls being told we are not accepting anymore nhs patients. It cost £205 for a consultation and two visits to the hygenist (one 30 mins one 45 mins).

• Like 1

Mom's house has got dry rot.

It's all over the **** place. Completely throughout the floor of the kitchen, dining room and hallway. Kitchen units and bottom of the plaster will have to go too. 

**** knows how much it's going to cost her (us) to fix it

Been on-call all week. Went to bed last night thinking 'my week of on-call is done', called at 8:20 this morning (I start at 11 when on-call)

words removed

This is a real TTPYOBS should because I get paid hourly (rounded up to the nearest house) every time they call at double overtime and the call this morning lasted 2 minutes :D

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Oh yeah, she's crap. I have seen on her on a few things and don't find her funny at all.

A little bit worse than crap I think.

Not many birds that can do comedy unless it is somehow " Blokes are so shit because..... or As a (INSERT VERY WEAK OBSERVED CLICH'E HERE) woman I can etc......" 

If the best they can come up with is the Fat mess that used to be a mental nurse,  Sarah Millican and the 2 **** idiots off " Bake off" then it's time to give up on them.  How they make a living is beyond me.  They are 30 years too late,  their combined timing and wit was surpassed by Mollie Sugden for example in the 70's,  who delivered the comedy of THAT time perfectly.  These lot just increase the smut and decrease the comedy. 

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Mulligan and O'Hare were based on the Irish singing duo, Foster and Allen.

For reference, here's a completely genuine Foster and Allen video.  Do yourself a favour and watch this :crylaugh:

That's brilliant :lol:

I like Shappi quite a lot but don't like her comedy.

The one I hate the most is that Canadian one, Katherine summat.

I like Susan Calman as a comedian and that's about it. She's not trying too hard, avoids pitfalls like slagging off men, childbirth and ice cream/chocolate.

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I like Shappi quite a lot but don't like her comedy.

The one I hate the most is that Canadian one, Katherine summat.

I like Susan Calman as a comedian and that's about it. She's not trying too hard, avoids pitfalls like slagging off men, childbirth and ice cream/chocolate.

Katherine Ryan - I think she's ok. Amy Schumer I didn't mind at first but her schtick is getting very old now. I liked Jo Brand but not even sure she's still doing it now.

That's about it really.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Katherine Ryan - I think she's ok. Amy Schumer I didn't mind at first but her schtick is getting very old now. I liked Jo Brand but not even sure she's still doing it now.

That's about it really.

Katherine Ryan that's it. She's incredibly nauseating and one of the anti-men brigade. Jo Brand is about as funny as rape. An old more miserable Sarah Milican.

Holly Walsh was brilliant when she started but has settled for that channel 4 panel guest 'safe' routine.

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mom's house has got dry rot.

It's all over the **** place. Completely throughout the floor of the kitchen, dining room and hallway. Kitchen units and bottom of the plaster will have to go too. 

**** knows how much it's going to cost her (us) to fix it

Insurance cover this sort of thing?

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Insurance cover this sort of thing?

Apparently not. usually listed as an exclusion.

I think you can be covered if it was caused by an unseen leak. So if one of your pipes was leaking below a floorboard or something.

But generally it's put down to lack of maintenance.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've been trying to reigtser with a dentist and a GP all morning. why do no **** GPs or dentists have proper phone systems? You shouldn't hear an engaged tone and have to just keep on trying all day in 2017.

I had similar trouble, my dentist whose practice was opposite my flat retired so I've had to register with the nearest one that takes NHS patients which is the other side of town.  I spent at least a few minutes on the phone trying to explain to the receptionist that 9.50 isn't the same as ten to 9.  I'm fairly certain that my appointment is 9.50 but if I get grief for turning up an hour late I won't be happy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Apparently not. usually listed as an exclusion.

I think you can be covered if it was caused by an unseen leak. So if one of your pipes was leaking below a floorboard or something.

But generally it's put down to lack of maintenance.

probably was caused by that leak a couple of years ago then ;-)

1 hour ago, Genie said:

probably was caused by that leak a couple of years ago then ;-)

Exactly my thoughts.

Unfortunately I'd need someone qualified to agree with me to have any luck with an insurance company, and to be perfectly honest, i think the source is a leaky tap in the garage which will definitely go down as her fault.

She had a survey done today so we'll see what they say and how much it will cost.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People who are unable to accept blame, fault and that they made a simple error.

Even if it's in black and white, "you did this, this is wrong." Cue huffing and puffing, and the desperate scramble for excuses.

They were probably a spoiled child that never had to face up to anything, and now they're an adult emotionally incapable of it.  I find that people who are like that are usually lacking in more than one area.  They will also rarely if ever apologise.

Pride can be an ugly trait.

• Like 2

Â