Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The word removed cyclist I almost didn't see on my way to work this evening, no reflectors, dark clothing and no helmet. If the car in front of me hadn't swerved I'm not sure I would have seen him. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2016 at 19:10, tonyh29 said:

On the toilet theme ... why do so many people when using the urinal sorta lean forward and spit into the urinal ?

is it a delaying tactic for when they've misjudged the person next to them is about to leave and hasn't and now they can't "go" until said person leaves ?

I sometimes do that.    I have no idea why.   It just feels like the natural thing to do.

I think the thing with cyclists is the same with other road users.. there are good ones and bad ones. 

One cut right in front of me just as the lights changed the other day, I saw him coming from behind so didn't have to do anything to avoid going straight into him. 

I wonder if they get a bit of an adrenaline rush sometimes. 

• Like 1

Completely agree, there is a different cyclist who I pass in the week. He has reflectors on the top and bottom of his backpack, one on his helmet and then a flashing light on the back of his bike, reflective strips down his arms and legs and the a flashing like on the front of his bike and a reflector on the front of his helmet. I see him from a few dozen car lengths away so he always gets a ton of space when I pass him.

That word removed last night though, I hope he steps on a lego.

• Like 2

I have a friend who work as excavator operator, a few days ago he and some colleagues was sent to do a job in Rosengård Malmö.

But they had to leave before the job was finished because the people living there started shooting at them :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Dear old Sweden what have they done to you.

Inconsiderate parkers. Fed up of coming back to my car to find a car parked so close I can barely get in my car. Feel like kicking their wing mirrors off, but would never do that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Inconsiderate parkers. Fed up of coming back to my car to find a car parked so close I can barely get in my car. Feel like kicking their wing mirrors off, but would never do that. 

On that subject, I went to see my parents today, and where they live it's residents only parking, with a couple of visitors spots. Some ass clown had parked in the middle of space that could easily fit two cars in, if they weren't such word removeds, I was also tempted to do harm to their vehicle. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's probably to avoid the Jeremy Kyle mongs who queue overnight to have a punch up over a discounted saucepan a minute after the store opens.  Spreading it out over the week makes more sense, it's daft calling it Black Friday but who cares, it's money.

I quite like it actually. Not the sales, but watching the carnage on the news. Usually kicks off in an Asda somewhere like Hackney, when people start volleying each other in the jaw to get a 40% discounted slow cooker or a third off a toaster.

This whole day.

Struggled to sleep last night.

Driving into town went round a roundabout and went an enormous puddle.

Heater instantly mists the entire windscreen up. Which then wouldn't clear.

Went round a right turn and had a sloshing water noise in the passenger side of the dash or footwell.

Got to my destination and had to walk a bit. White van goes past and soaks me with puddle water.

Have a fairly unpleasant rest of day.

Walk back to the car at the end of the day, drive out of the car park, turn right, sloshing noise, instant fogged up windscreen.

Won't clear again.

Have to stop start all the way home waiting for the screen to clear. Even wiping it does nothing, is almost like it's covered in a slightly greasy substance.

Get home, look at passenger footwell, it's absolutely soaked.

Get out wet vac thing to try to get as much up as I can. Get a fair bit up, floor mat is soaked so hang that up over the bath to drip dry, return the car and decide using the hand tool vacuum thing will take to long, put the main head in the footwell. It promptly drenches the wet floor even more. Struggle to get that up, give up, pull the machine out, covers my shoes and trousers in soapy cleaning fluid.

Go back to bathroom to wash hands before I smash the car up, discover floor mat is drip drying over the bathroom floor rather than the bath.

And best of all, I've no idea why the screen keeps refusing to de mist or where the water in the footwell came from or what the water noise in the dash/footwell is.

I swear the next to go wrong will end with something being broken with terminal intensity. Even if it has to be me.

Absolutely seething.

Edited by Chindie

Maybe there should be a separate "stuff that pisses you off on the roads" thread, but holy Jebus, there's been some twonks out tonight! Had to go shopping (nothing in to eat at all, or I wouldn't entertain going out in the howling rain), and pretty much every other car I encountered was driven by an idiot! Starting with someone not indicating on the roundabout, and finishing with a transit van cutting me up at a junction. Yes, because it's just the kind of weather to be making people slam on their breaks! 

Â