Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 24/11/2016 at 10:20, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Remember his comedy sketch show ? I am funnier talking to myself.

Speaking of comedy sketch shows, that new one from David Walliams, Walliams and Friend, was worse than awful. So unfunny.

Little Britain was shit but at least it had a few amusing moments (which it then milked for all their worth). I didn't crack a smile even once. Very obvious 'humour', though a step above Mrs Brown's Boys. BBC comedy is wank.

On 11/25/2016 at 16:02, AlwaysAVFC said:

Have no idea where to put this as it both pissed me off and made me laugh.

I've just picked up some mail from my old house. One of which was a letter saying I am not entitled to remain on the electoral register because I am no longer a resident.

As I write this I've realised I think you can get Royal mail to forward to a new address, but it's still got to be a massive waste of money sending letters to addresses to say people don't live there anymore.

If you pay them....

On 11/24/2016 at 15:59, HanoiVillan said:

Sainsbury's in Blackheath have got a bit up themselves

20161124_195006.jpg

:rolleyes:

Nothing better after a hard day's work than a cold Heineken and sliced mango. That's what me and the guys at work get at the bar every Friday,

I'm in a room with elderly relatives and a hybrid sort of jazz conversation going on. The subjects being smashed together are:

• alternative bus routes for the number 23 if ever the bridge was blocked
  • why the FA should set up a new football thing for the like world football thing because of the poppy thing
  • russia should be more grateful we saved them in the war

I think it's time to tour the house and knock off a few of those little diy jobs I never quite get around to doing.

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

:huh:

They should read or watch BBC's ww2 behind closed doors, very good

I don't think you understand. Uncle Dave was on a merchant ship that took a cargo of food up to Murmansk and single handedly stopped 100 million Russians starving to death. 

Anyway, I'm out of it now, I'm out the other room fiddling with hi fi bits.

• Like 1

They've gone now.

Longest day of my life. Serious, stereotypes and all that, but shiiiit. World war 2, bus routes, foreign people, and reading long passages out loud from the newspapers. Plus a brief section on 'kids today'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They've gone now.

Longest day of my life. Serious, stereotypes and all that, but shiiiit. World war 2, bus routes, foreign people, and reading long passages out loud from the newspapers. Plus a brief section on 'kids today'.

What was the consensus for the new bus route? I'm on tenterhooks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

What was the consensus for the new bus route? I'm on tenterhooks

They would need to turn around in the entrance to Waitrose and go through the estate.

But of course, this would create 'pandemonium'. Genuine concern in the room, about a theoretical bus route should a local bridge ever be closed. There's no plan to close the bridge, but best we all consider the implications now. 

Later on, we had all the Christmas films on Channel 5 read out, plus their synopsis. General consensus, nobody was going to watch any of them. 

I should also mention a very competitive round of medical Top Trumps.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I should also mention a very competitive round of medical Top Trumps.

Was a discussion had about who is taking the most tablets on a daily basis?

Currently going through "Married with children" (still hilarious) and came up on the episode with the French exchange-student. Had a brief "woof" moment and thought at the same time that she looked familiar. Checked and it turns out it's Milla Jovovich. Odd that she was on there I thought. Checked the date of the episode and it turns out it's 1989. She is 13 years and 10 months at airtime. Subtract a few months for filming.

I feel so effing dirty. If anyone asks I was oogling Christina Applegate

• Like 1

Traffic lights mysteriously go out of sync causing carnage driving into the city centre...

Hmm. Nice one council. You sure are showing everyone how bad driving in Birmingham is! Sucks for you that nobody in that traffic is thinking 'oh, if only I'd got the bus...' Because the bus sat next to me in the jam was rammed and not moving any faster than anyone else was.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

Â