Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Colleagues sending stacks of emails at 9pm. Again my fault as I forgot to turn the phone off but still.. it's 9pm. Stop. Do it tomorrow.

How are you meant to score points though?

i do it all the time, got FM running on the work laptop, every 20 minutes press the Windows key, check my emails, send out a couple of easy ones and then go back to football manager, get to work ten minutes late the next day and get greeted with fair play it was a late one for you last night 

yes it was mr boss man :ph34r:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That would do my head in, not because i'm tight, but because its cheeky. It's similar to when people ask for money towards their honeymoon.

Agree with the paying for party nonsense, if you can't or don't want to cover the costs then don't host, honeymoons however are my go to wedding gift, find out where they're going get them £10 in their currency, hopefully if it's a weird and wonderful place they won't realise I only gave them £10 too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Are the party organisers other members of VT? :ph34r:

Nah, I just have an irrational fear of somebody I know finding all my posts one day and I may have slagged them off at some point, especially since my best men read out some of my posts at my wedding.

• Like 1

Honestly, if people invited me round, then asked for me to pay towards the night, I'd tell them to piss off, and stay home.

If you're not willing or can't afford it, either don't host, or just keep the costs down with food and drink and don't do the whole themed thing. Offering, then asking for people to pay is just not how this should work.

My personal gripe about tightfisted friends, I went out for a meal with a couple after a gig last week, nothing fancy, just over £30 for the 3 of us. Mine came to about £13, so I chucked in £15 in cash.

Between the two of them, they decided to pay on card, and just paid off the rest of the bill. And then didn't leave a **** tip. I'd have left one, but I just paid for £2 of their **** meal.

Now, I know tipping in Britain is a source of argument, and might lead to its own 'things that piss you off that shouldn't' post, but a week later, I still think they're taking advantage.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't think there's an agony aunt thread so I'll stick this in here.

For the protection of the innocent I'm also going to change a lot of the details, but the same question is there.

Me and my husband couldn't be bothered to go out for Hogmanay last year, so we decided we'd host a Lord of the Rings themed party as a few of our mates are into it. It was only a small thing with the 8 of us. We made themed cocktails, decorated the house, bought costumes, made games etc. We ending up spending about £150-200 (it would have been cheaper to go out).

Anyway, as we all enjoyed it, a few months back another couple suggested they'd host the party this year and we all settled on a monopoly theme. We got a group message last night from the hosts saying they'd like £10 each off everybody to cover the costs of whatever they've got planned. There's 10 in the group and a couple of them have already replied saying they'd be happy to as it's only fair.

Me and my husband Stewart feel a bid miffed though. Do you think we have a right to or do you think we should pay up and shut up?

Is one of the people lapal? If so, tell him to **** right off! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How are you meant to score points though?

i do it all the time, got FM running on the work laptop, every 20 minutes press the Windows key, check my emails, send out a couple of easy ones and then go back to football manager, get to work ten minutes late the next day and get greeted with fair play it was a late one for you last night 

yes it was mr boss man :ph34r:

Too right

at credit Suisse if you worked til 7pm you were entitled to free dinner in the restaurant upstairs ... when I was on lates  you did 11:00 to 19:00 so 19:01 upstairs for free dinner and then you went back to your desk did a floor walk and let all the head honchos (who didn't even seem to be aware we had a 19:00 shift ) see you and make mental notes  to themselves about your hard work ethic 

you'd have to be crazy not to play the game , i blagged over 5 years of it from a 1 month initial contract :)  

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

On 13/11/2016 at 17:33, NurembergVillan said:

Clumsiness.

I get irrationally annoyed if other people drop things or knock things over.

If I do something clumsy myself, I really beat myself up about it. If I break a wine glass or a mug it can ruin my day.

I have become almost ludicrously clumsy.

I drop things frequently (often, slightly comically, trying to grab back hold of them and rushing headlong in to some sort of poor man's juggling routine).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

For the protection of the innocent I'm also going to change a lot of the details, but the same question is there.

Me and my husband couldn't be bothered to go out for Hogmanay last year, so we decided we'd host a Lord of the Rings themed party as a few of our mates are into it. It was only a small thing with the 8 of us. We made themed cocktails, decorated the house, bought costumes, made games etc. We ending up spending about £150-200 (it would have been cheaper to go out).

Anyway, as we all enjoyed it, a few months back another couple suggested they'd host the party this year and we all settled on a monopoly theme. We got a group message last night from the hosts saying they'd like £10 each off everybody to cover the costs of whatever they've got planned. There's 10 in the group and a couple of them have already replied saying they'd be happy to as it's only fair.

Me and my husband Stewart feel a bid miffed though. Do you think we have a right to or do you think we should pay up and shut up?

Don't pay. Try offering them Old Kent Road instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Honestly, if people invited me round, then asked for me to pay towards the night, I'd tell them to piss off, and stay home.

If you're not willing or can't afford it, either don't host, or just keep the costs down with food and drink and don't do the whole themed thing. Offering, then asking for people to pay is just not how this should work.

My personal gripe about tightfisted friends, I went out for a meal with a couple after a gig last week, nothing fancy, just over £30 for the 3 of us. Mine came to about £13, so I chucked in £15 in cash.

Between the two of them, they decided to pay on card, and just paid off the rest of the bill. And then didn't leave a **** tip. I'd have left one, but I just paid for £2 of their **** meal.

Now, I know tipping in Britain is a source of argument, and might lead to its own 'things that piss you off that shouldn't' post, but a week later, I still think they're taking advantage.

One of our mates did that at a curry night... we all bunged in £20 to cover the tip and then he paid on his card forgot a tip and took the cash , I think he actually came out ahead on the deal ... TBH he's often away with the fairies when he's had a few so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt i genuinely don't think he did it on purpose 

11 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Both! You have every right to feel miffed but saying anything would cause more unpleasantness than having to hand over a tenner is worth.

The trouble is that people never really appreciate acts of generosity, they just assume you can afford it. :angry:

12 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Is one of the people lapal? If so, tell him to **** right off! 

:lol: 

The funny thing is, is that I know 2 of the people who are doing it (not that I've been invited to any of these "fun" nights.. <_<)

But one of the 2 people came on Paddy's stag do, got in a taxi with 4 others (inc), was dropped off first and gave me about £2.27 in change.  The taxi ride cost about £42 in the end and muggins here paid the largest portion.  I don't mind paying a little bit more than average, but that annoyed me.  Won't be getting in a taxi with him (OR HER!) again.

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

When you're driving along, and some #######, who has pressed the button to cross the crossing, sacks it off legs it across and the lights stop on you, while you wait for Mr Invisible to cross.

Oh yes.  That's why you should always have a few rocks ready in your passenger floorwell.

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The funny thing is, is that I know 2 of the people who are doing it (not that I've been invited to any of these "fun" nights.. <_<)

Yeah you was! You said you were busy counting your feet or something.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah you was! You said you were busy counting your feet or something.

Oh yea, I remember!! :crylaugh:

hahaha. Sorry, I'm tired.  I HAVE CHILD AND WIFE TO LOOK AFTER YEAH?! :blush: 

and I found out that I have TWO feet.  Not just one like I had originally anticipated.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

But one of the 2 people came on Paddy's stag do, got in a taxi with 4 others (inc), was dropped off first and gave me about £2.27 in change.  The taxi ride cost about £42 in the end and muggins here paid the largest portion.  I don't mind paying a little bit more than average, but that annoyed me.  Won't be getting in a taxi with him (OR HER!) again.

My mate and I went to festival once (an civilised indoor event, rather than camping), and we met some people through someone my mate knows. Living in the North, as I do, I assumed we'd just go rounds for the first few beers, then tail off as we split up to see different bands. This one lad managed to miss his round just about every time we all met up, and it really started to piss me off. I'm normally as easy going a person as you can find, but I had to tell him in the end. I'm not sure if he was even aware he was doing it, but I just couldn't get my head round why you wouldn't offer to pay your share. If you want to go on your own, or if you're lacking funds, that's fine. but don't accept 4 or 5 drinks, then disappear when it's your turn!  

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Â