Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

When a plane lands and comes into the gate and they announce that can everyone remain seated until the seatbelt light is turned off. Every time about 25% of the plane just ignores this and stands up to get their bag. I wish they could be tasered

The sooner you stand up and stoop for 5 minutes with your arse in someone's face, the sooner you get off the plane. Fact.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 20:06, tonyh29 said:

Then let Mrs do gooder discuss the Clary version and it's merits in a school then and leave the original alone.

Cinderella is a fairy story anyone who takes it any more literal than that needs their head examining , same as someone who reads Harry Potter and thinks Ginger kids can have a girlfriend 

In Bruno Bettelheim's book, The Uses of Enchantment, his thesis was that fairy tales endure because they allow children to deal with their fears in a remote symbolic way. 

Even if people doubt this, one thing is certain; fairy tales are not meant to be commentaries on the social-economic conditions and gender politics in fairyland.

Giving Cinderella a career running a chimney-cleaning business where she employs lots of little boys, who all died of cancer of the scrotum (occupational hazard), might have a pleasing ring to it, but where is the virtue rewarded by hypergamy, in that?

People that complain that others have put their Christmas decorations up, its not your house, it effects you in no way, if Christmas brings a bit of happiness to someone let them do it. I get it you prefer to get your tree up close to Christmas, that’s your choice. I have one tree up, not the main one, but one in the dining room and literally been told over and over that its too early. Its too early for you, its not in your house its in mine and therefore not too early.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

People that complain that others have put their Christmas decorations up, its not your house, it effects you in no way, if Christmas brings a bit of happiness to someone let them do it. I get it you prefer to get your tree up close to Christmas, that’s your choice. I have one tree up, not the main one, but one in the dining room and literally been told over and over that its too early. Its too early for you, its not in your house its in mine and therefore not too early.

Yes! I'd extend that people moaning about shops selling Christmas stuff in September too, I couldn't give two squits. It's never ruined my turkey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

20ft Lego Elizabeth tower innit.

yeah but you can see that from the shop window so don't need to go in :)

I'm sure it's great in there , but we went over the road to the Nickolodon shop and had our pictures taken with Sponge-bob Square pants instead :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

When a plane lands and comes into the gate and they announce that can everyone remain seated until the seatbelt light is turned off. Every time about 25% of the plane just ignores this and stands up to get their bag. I wish they could be tasered

when I landed in Kathmandu the first time (2001) the second the wheels touched the tarmac about 30 people were out their seats and moving down the aisle whilst  we were still moving at a fair rate ... the cabin crew announced they had to remain seated so they literally just sat down in the aisle where they were  ...  still chuckle about it 15 years later

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Was it the sponge bob or a man in a suit? I've been tricked before.

who would play such a callous trick on you  , I feel your pain .

Fairly sure ours was the real deal , just like it was when I met the Clangers at camp Bestival earlier this year and got my picture taken with them

• Like 1

This reminds me of another thing that piises me off that shouldn't, Spongebob lives in the sea, not under the sea, if he lived in the sand, literally if his pineapple was buried in the sand then it can be under the sea, but as his pineapple is in the sea, I feel the song should reflect this. I voice this opinion regularly, after the Parthenon Marbles its possibly my biggest gripe. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This reminds me of another thing that piises me off that shouldn't, Spongebob lives in the sea, not under the sea, if he lived in the sand, literally if his pineapple was buried in the sand then it can be under the sea, but as his pineapple is in the sea, I feel the song should reflect this. I voice this opinion regularly, after the Parthenon Marbles its possibly my biggest gripe. 

I bet you're a bitch to watch The Little Mermaid with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I refer you to the leading authority on such debates

I'd like to be

Under the sea

In an Octopus' garden

In the shade

so , over ruled

• Like 2

Arseholes who put their Christmas decorations up early. Who are you trying to impress? 'Oooh, look at me, look how organised I am. My lights weren't even tangled as I packed them away and stored them correctly.' Just get out.

Don't get me started ons shops selling Christmas stuff in September. words removed.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Affects

Sorry

Laughably bad scammers..at least make an effort...:rolleyes:

Dear Friend,

We need your help resolving an issue with your account. As a security measure we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until the issue is resolved.

We understand it may be frustrating to have limited access to your P­a­y­P­a­l account and we will work with you to restore full access to your account as quickly as possible. 

What's the issue?

We need a little more information about some of your recent account activity.

Case ID Number: PP-002-904-005-759 

How you can help 

W­e need you to verify your ide­ntity for further use of your a­c­co­u­n­t.­­ 

Verify Now

Sincerely,
P­a­y­P­a­l

Help | Security

Copyright © 1999-2016 P­a­y­P­a­l Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962). All rights reserved.

P­a­y­P­a­l  -  Friend ID - PP1014

3A MC CURTAIN STREET, H23TW34, CLONES, United States

I don't know where Clones is, but it sounds kind of exotic

Â