Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Here’s one. Nothing new, but the trend of people doing something deliberate, with the hope of being the next viral thing or that can be manipulated via social media. Sometimes these people play the victim or the buffoon. It could be some woman, who goes in to Burger King to just sit amongst people and decide to breast feed then “act shocked” at their mixed reaction to her doing that, or, someone who sends a dirty text to their mom and in their “horror” decides to send it all about the place. 'Oooh how did that happen, oh yes it is me, what am I like'? Etc. Pathetic. Ok these two examples don’t do it justice.

So, in a very loose link… this business with the “NHS email” that is in the news that was sent to 840,000 NHS users. I have this, I have all of the related replies and stuff that comes with it. I don’t work Mondays and luckily missed it landing first thing. Surely this person didn’t (even as an admin) just have access to a distribution list so freely to be able to press an address-all that gets sent to the entire NHS via a one click mistake… there are surely stages of realising and intending to proceed, safeguards, and surely if this list even exists so freely there is a safeguard, and if not, nobody has been that unfortunate / dumb to just click it.

No biggie, I’m bound to be wrong, but I think this business about this email was entirely deliberate and this person may come out of the woodwork soon and claim their fifteen minutes. 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

Getting my car into a prang last night :(.  I'm pretty certain I'm in the right but insurance think it's 50/50 - I was crossing over a roundabout to exit to a 3-lane road only for someone in the far left-hand lane at the roundabout to cut across to continue right.  Bah! 

Edited by trekka

20 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

That part of me wants to be married to this woman but the larger part of me wants to bury her under the patio for being a bloody  vegan

Nothing screams attention seeking slut more than that article. it even says in the article there is no nutritional benefit. She's just done it to get in the paper. 

Mind you, nice boobs.

7/10. Would supply my natural ingredients to her. 

• Like 2

I don't think there's an agony aunt thread so I'll stick this in here.

For the protection of the innocent I'm also going to change a lot of the details, but the same question is there.

Me and my husband couldn't be bothered to go out for Hogmanay last year, so we decided we'd host a Lord of the Rings themed party as a few of our mates are into it. It was only a small thing with the 8 of us. We made themed cocktails, decorated the house, bought costumes, made games etc. We ending up spending about £150-200 (it would have been cheaper to go out).

Anyway, as we all enjoyed it, a few months back another couple suggested they'd host the party this year and we all settled on a monopoly theme. We got a group message last night from the hosts saying they'd like £10 each off everybody to cover the costs of whatever they've got planned. There's 10 in the group and a couple of them have already replied saying they'd be happy to as it's only fair.

Me and my husband Stewart feel a bid miffed though. Do you think we have a right to or do you think we should pay up and shut up?

15 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Bus? Mwahaha peasant!

Some of us are medically disqualified, but if you think that privileged selfishness is a good look for you then go for it. You nailed it here.

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't think there's an agony aunt thread so I'll stick this in here.

For the protection of the innocent I'm also going to change a lot of the details, but the same question is there.

Me and my husband couldn't be bothered to go out for Hogmanay last year, so we decided we'd host a Lord of the Rings themed party as a few of our mates are into it. It was only a small thing with the 8 of us. We made themed cocktails, decorated the house, bought costumes, made games etc. We ending up spending about £150-200 (it would have been cheaper to go out).

Anyway, as we all enjoyed it, a few months back another couple suggested they'd host the party this year and we all settled on a monopoly theme. We got a group message last night from the hosts saying they'd like £10 each off everybody to cover the costs of whatever they've got planned. There's 10 in the group and a couple of them have already replied saying they'd be happy to as it's only fair.

Me and my husband Stewart feel a bid miffed though. Do you think we have a right to or do you think we should pay up and shut up?

That would do my head in, not because i'm tight, but because its cheeky. It's similar to when people ask for money towards their honeymoon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wait... Paddywhack is either female, or gay? 

and here we have the once every 6 months 'somebody is amazed paddywhack is female' post 

doesn't hide it, people just forget

he had to prove it once, had his flaps all over rogues gallery, full 6 point penalty job

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Do you think we have a right to or do you think we should pay up and shut up?

Find better friends.

And who are the interlopers? ('the 8 of us' that had harmonious fun last year v ' 10 in the group' this year)

And if you do go ahead with it then ask for receipts from the hosts to prove they haven't taken you for a ride. :)

Just now, snowychap said:

And who are the interlopers? ('the 8 of us' that had harmonious fun last year v ' 10 in the group' this year)

More details I changed. Guys, can you stop unravelling my wonderful veil of lies, I'm trying to be inconspicuous here.

Â