Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Went to get a bit of food at HT at Villa Park on Sunday and there was only 1 girl working the till even though there was a huge line.  I was livid and started having a go at her about not standing up to management and insisting on some help.  I guess I shouldn't be pissed, though, as they took my order straight away even though I basically jumped the queue.  The poor w**ker at the head of the line looked like he really wanted to tell me to bu**er off, but was intimidated by my size.  Looked absolutely humiliated that he didn't have the bollocks to challenge me.   Still, he got his food quickly so probably didn't really care in the end.

This post shouldn't piss me off, as you may well, despite the post indicating otherwise, be an OK chap.  But it does piss me off.  

• Like 2

This isn’t meant to be a political discussion, just something that has pissed me off. A bloke on FB, who is pretty solid, a good guy but loves his politics a bit too much, and in particular loves Corbyn. He posted a video and I made a comment that I just wish he would tone things down as the moderate left, and the ordinary man will not vote for him, be less of a thorn in the side and be a 21st century politician. **** my hat he didn’t like that. The butt hurt was very strong.

On 9/5/2016 at 16:02, StefanAVFC said:

Us and another desk in the centre. I see why they do it. We're a technically skilled desk so our agents are sought after across the centre, so they maintain the green light so we don't lose everyone.

This is the basically timeline of what's happened to me. I can't work out whether I'm being screwed or it's hilarious bad timing. FWIW, if you get greenlighted usually, there's loads of jobs to choose from.

1) don't get the job on 7799 but get greenlight
2) don't apply until 1.5 weeks after my greenlight because I've been offered a role elsewhere. Was withdrawn.
3) Apply for promotion, system says 5 jobs available
4) Hear nothing for 2 weeks, are told only 1 job available, isn't even the role I applied for and has stupid conditions
5) Am told if i dont go for this role and nothing else opens up, I'll have my greenlight potentially taken away so I'm not blocking anyone else.

By their logic, you have a month to apply for a job so the next person can move forward. But I lost 3.5 weeks of that month because of things out of my control. 

So the latest update in this saga.

I have been told that my greenlight is safe, I won't be frozen. However, as this is between my manager and HR, I don't get an update unless I ask for one. I asked today, no openings. Everyone else who gets a greenlight gets a job within 2 weeks. It's my turn and I'm still waiting a month later. Add to that, I'm going away next week and knowing my luck, an opening will finally come up and I'll be away and not able to apply for it.

Every time my phone rings now it's like a part of my soul has been destroyed. I'm not getting any additional tasks now (because they don't need to develop me anymore, I'm on the way out) sp I'm just taking calls all day every day and it sucks.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This isn’t meant to be a political discussion, just something that has pissed me off. A bloke on FB, who is pretty solid, a good guy but loves his politics a bit too much, and in particular loves Corbyn. He posted a video and I made a comment that I just wish he would tone things down as the moderate left, and the ordinary man will not vote for him, be less of a thorn in the side and be a 21st century politician. **** my hat he didn’t like that. The butt hurt was very strong.

Sounds like half the members of Villatalk ;) 

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Thanks to Facebook's autoplay feature I have recently been exposed to a man being stabbed to death and a load of bunnies getting chopped up with a meat cleaver.

Wasn't that the whole concept of Facebook? To see what other kids are doing for fun?

Glad I don't have it. I am exposed to enough psychopaths at work.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Thanks to Facebook's autoplay feature I have recently been exposed to a man being stabbed to death and a load of bunnies getting chopped up with a meat cleaver.

I think you need to choose some better friends

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Can we change the title of this thread to Stefan's Workplace Gripes and be done with it please?

4 posts out of 50000+. How dare I :rolleyes:

Edited by StefanAVFC

When you avail of a "€5 free bet", but unbenounced to you the offer has since expired, but the link still puts the bet on and uses your own funds instead.

latest?cb=20140321185828

The fact that 2 games in a row I've been staring at odds of 8/1 on a draw result in our games and have declined both times, almost as gutting as Villa being complete garbage. At least I could have bought some nice things with the cash.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I've just moved to the country and already fed up with the smell of shit. While I'm sure the benefits of living here will outweigh the bad, but it really stinks.

Little tip for you. I've rented a few country cottages. The toilet might be in an out building, worth having a look around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I've just moved to the country and already fed up with the smell of shit. While I'm sure the benefits of living here will outweigh the bad, but it really stinks.

I would gladly take the smell of shit in exchange for that of carbon monoxide. Getting really pissed off with traffic. 

Â