Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You can't swear or say rude things on VT because it might offend other readers or the sponsors, yet when I come to have a quick look on VT at work I get presented with a load of semi-naked "Asian babes who want to meet me" or other crude adverts (yes I know, I can pay to have them removed).

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

You can't swear or say rude things on VT because it might offend other readers or the sponsors, yet when I come to have a quick look on VT at work I get presented with a load of semi-naked "Asian babes who want to meet me" or other crude adverts (yes I know, I can pay to have them removed).

arent they intelligent ads that look at your cookies and display ads accordingly, they did for me at least.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I can confirm that on my work PC I've never looked at anything like that!

These ads aren't new. they've been there for years. All that's happened in the last few weeks is changing the placements on the page. It's the same companies buying the slots for (largely) the same customers. The network has requested these changes precisely because people weren't noticing them where they were.

If you want VT to continue to exist, either there will be ads on your screen or you pay to use the site. The choice is yours :) 

This thread isn't the place for this discussion.

At the Villa on Sunday, half time comes, me and a friend go down to get some refreshments 4 minutes before half time. Go down stairs and get in the queue to get served, 5-7 minutes later I get to the front of the queue and put my order in. There was only one girl working the queue I was in, so it wasn't the fastest but hey ho, I got there in the end. As they are preparing my food and drinks, some complete and utter bellend walks straight to the front of the queue (It was HT by now, the queue is huge), and then starts having a go at this woman asking why she's the only person working this section, he then calls a chef over and asks why she's the only person working, they then argue about how long this is all taking, but proceeded to put his order in even though he completely queue jumped....

I'm stood there thinking if you'd **** off back to the back of the queue where you should be, the people behind the tills and cooking food would be working and not arguing with you, I'd be munching on my food, other people would be getting served, and you're complaining about the very thing you're causing you utter tit!!

It shouldn't really piss me off 'cos about 20 seconds later I got my stuff and life was good for me. But some people are just so **** stupid. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

At the Villa on Sunday, half time comes, me and a friend go down to get some refreshments 4 minutes before half time. Go down stairs and get in the queue to get served, 5-7 minutes later I get to the front of the queue and put my order in. There was only one girl working the queue I was in, so it wasn't the fastest but hey ho, I got there in the end. As they are preparing my food and drinks, some complete and utter bellend walks straight to the front of the queue (It was HT by now, the queue is huge), and then starts having a go at this woman asking why she's the only person working this section, he then calls a chef over and asks why she's the only person working, they then argue about how long this is all taking, but proceeded to put his order in even though he completely queue jumped....

I'm stood there thinking if you'd **** off back to the back of the queue where you should be, the people behind the tills and cooking food would be working and not arguing with you, I'd be munching on my food, other people would be getting served, and you're complaining about the very thing you're causing you utter tit!!

It shouldn't really piss me off 'cos about 20 seconds later I got my stuff and life was good for me. But some people are just so **** stupid. 

so really you are to blame for letting him get away with it :) 

I love Mrs The_Rev, I really do, but why the **** did she think it was a good idea to clean the hob by pouring a load of water over it? Shorted the entire house. :angry:

• Like 4

Car insurance renewal time I have no accidents, claims or convictions, an extra year of no claims and driving experience so I opened up the letter expecting it to have gone up a few hundred quid. The jokers put my renewal down as a little under 2 grand if I pay upfront, they were kind enough to offer 12 monthly payments of £195.55 as an alternative. 

On what world is that is an acceptable quote?!

I've been paying £71 per month, My best options this year were a high excess policy that would save me around £50 on last year but have few of the usual extras or a low excess policy with all the usual extras for an extra £40-£50. 

11 hours ago, Genie said:

One has a cracking set of jugs 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BOF said:

"Life Insurance".

It's Assurance.  You ARE going to die.

There is life insurance though which covers you for a period of time, so its not certain you will die (in that time-frame at least)

4 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Went to get a bit of food at HT at Villa Park on Sunday and there was only 1 girl working the till even though there was a huge line.  I was livid and started having a go at her about not standing up to management and insisting on some help.  I guess I shouldn't be pissed, though, as they took my order straight away even though I basically jumped the queue.  The poor w**ker at the head of the line looked like he really wanted to tell me to bu**er off, but was intimidated by my size.  Looked absolutely humiliated that he didn't have the bollocks to challenge me.   Still, he got his food quickly so probably didn't really care in the end.

west_ham_manager_slaven_bilic_before_the

• Like 1

Â