Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, V01 said:

I think that fell a bit flat

It's actually pretty uncommon to see those notes flatted, particularly C and F.   They're usually called B, E and F# because key signatures containing those notes are far more common.

12 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

How is it you never hear guitar players, saying that they don't give a shit about guitars, as long as they can get from C to F and to G? :)

You do, actually. I never said "a rusty old banger is as good as a new Rolls", just that I don't get car nerdiness and snobbery. Same goes for guitars, incidentally. 

35 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

It's actually pretty uncommon to see those notes flatted, particularly C and F.   They're usually called B, E and F# because key signatures containing those notes are far more common.

Yeah, but you could have strung the gag out a bit longer.

Anyway back to ttpyots - how about Elephants and Donkey's Great Big Ears.

Car stereotypes. Its always BMW/Audi/white van drivers then inevitably get the blame but bad drivers drive all sorts. Today, the drivers responsible for my post earlier, was Mitsubishi, Nissan, Ford and an Audi.

On the subject of cars, most modern cars piss me off. They just look bland and similar to each other, bar a few. Bizarre thing to be pissed off about but hey, its what the thread is for

Oh man I have only recently returned to the forum but what has happened to this topic?

this used to be a thread about things that **** pissed you off, them little tiny things that made you want to tear the world apart and spit in the hole that was left behind

what happened to setting people on fire, volleying people in the jaw, doing them up the wrongun just to spite them and wishing death upon a single mother just because she was texting whilst pushing a pram.

come on lads its time to really vent your feelings, let it go, if you don't then I may need to get started again.

• Like 1

The phrase 'going forward' really **** me off. No one ever uses that phrase outside of work, and the rocket polishers that use it in work are the sort of smug jobsworth words removed that are trying too hard in life.

• Like 4

People who use the the saying 'broke the mould' to mean 'did something completely new/different'. 

That's not what it means. It means 'made it so that no further improvements were possible'. As in 'they broke the mould when they made you' - i.e. you are unique, the last of the line.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

The standard of driving seems to have nosedived on my commute this week. I've had to use the horn more since Wednesday than I have since I passed my test. Highlights include nearly being sideswiped by an A Class who decided that they could just change lane when they like and magically not hit anything, and a 206 who thought he didn't have to check the oncoming traffic when joining a main road. Oh and the idiot who decided to make absolutely no effort to get their car out of the way when they broke down so just left it blocking a lane at rush hour on a ludicrously busy road. Especially as where they left it required only rolling a few metres to stop on waste land, or slightly bearing left and leaving the lane usable. Oh and the word removed that's half blocked my drive way tonight because he needs the turning cycle of an Airbus to pull out behind the car in front.

Speaking of cars, I saw the laziest woman I think I've ever seen in the car park this morning. She was so lazy she couldn't be bothered to park and go to the machine (a 5 second walk at most wherever you parked) so just drove to the machine first, then waited in the car until I'd got my ticket to prevent having to queue and stand for any length of time, then drove to the nearest possible parking spot to her destination. Unsurprisingly the woman was big enough to crush a toilet to dust with her arse.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Oh and the word removed that's half blocked my drive way tonight because he needs the turning cycle of an Airbus to pull out behind the car in front.

Ah but they didn't know it was a drive, or

They don't see the problem, or

Where's the yellow lines? or,

Where's the dropped kerb? or,

That only indicates where we're not 'supposed' to park, or

There isn't anywhere else to park my car (within 200 yards of the pub I'm playing skittles at), or

It's our road you can't tell us where we can or can't park.

Oops. Too much of a rant. :blush:

Â