Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The school run. Everyone acting Mumsy, even the dads. Also it's all full of smiles and people making stupid conversation. Then you have the awkward moments and all the fakeness.

I use the school run to decide which mum looks best in her dropping the kids off and then off to my aerobics class outfit   ...  One mum in particular looks bang tidy in her tight leggings

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I use the school run to decide which mum looks best in her dropping the kids off and then off to my aerobics class outfit   ...  One mum in particular looks bang tidy in her tight leggings

I just use it to try and pick up men.

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When we were in school, one of our teachers asked us what sort of woman we were going to marry. We had high ideals and spent ages telling him how attractive and perfect our future wives would be. The next week, he took us for a walk past the local primary school as the mums were waiting for their kids to be let out. It was a sobering experience and I'm sure most of us reassessed our expectations that afternoon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, choffer said:

When we were in school, one of our teachers asked us what sort of woman we were going to marry. We had high ideals and spent ages telling him how attractive and perfect our future wives would be. The next week, he took us for a walk past the local primary school as the mums were waiting for their kids to be let out. It was a sobering experience and I'm sure most of us reassessed our expectations that afternoon.

All I got was an afternoon at the science museum and I cannot recall my teachers pointing out any totty there at all. Not even Mavis the woman behind the snack counter. 

The Guardian banging on about Sports Direct again today. Sort your own house out, you **** hypocrites.

The Guardian’s haughty humbug 
Zero-hours contracts, Issue 1427 

GLOATING galore at the Guardian, which is claiming the credit for forcing Sports Direct to mend its Dickensian ways.

Shome mishtake? The Guardian did its big undercover hit on Sports Direct’s work practices last December. But back in November 2014, Ed Miliband had named Sports Direct and said it should stop using zero-hours contracts. In April 2015, Channel 4’s Dispatches exposed SD’s harsh working conditions, achieving a two-year ratings high. And in September 2015 the Unite union held protests at 40 Sports Direct locations.

Last month editor Kath Viner emailed Guardian staff about her plan for more coverage of zero-hours contracts: “As projects such as our investigations into Sports Direct, Hermes and gangmasters demonstrate, this is a subject at the heart of our journalism. We are therefore looking for a work correspondent who will be able to write distinctively about work-related issues both inside and outside the workplace. Apply here…”

The casual vacancy
After completing long application forms, however, several in-house hacks were told they weren’t eligible: the post was “for Guardian staff only”.

Since they work at the Grauniad office and are on the payroll, with set hours and a title, they foolishly thought they were employed by the paper. But the recruiter explained that “by ‘Guardian staff’ I mean staff who are on a permanent or fixed-term contract”. The rebuffed applicants aren’t technically staff because they are on, er, zero-hours contracts.

There are over 100 hacks at the Guardian employed this way. These casuals are also forced to take a month’s unpaid leave every so often to stop them doing two years’ continuous service and thus gaining employment rights. In a splendid example of Grauniad humbug, the heavily pregnant editor of the paper’s “women in leadership” network was recently forced to leave with no maternity pay.

Last week’s announcement of an end to zero-hours contracts at Sports Direct means its casual staff actually have more employment rights than those at the Grauniad. Sounds like a perfect subject for the paper’s new work correspondent!

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Oh definitely, in no way would I say that they're equal levels of exploitation, Sports Direct needs to be put to rights, but pretending to be the champion of workers rights while **** over your own employees is a pisstake. Dodging maternity pay is absolutely disgusting.

I seem to recall them publicly condemning loads of companies who took on unpaid interns a couple of years ago, for exploiting young workers, while their jobs section had several positions for, erm, unpaid interns.

• Like 4

I mean the obvious response to this is that the people on the editorial board are not also doubling as the HR department in their spare time, but I admit it isn't a great look. 

EDIT: Damn page break. In response to Graun hypocrisy point. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I'm not exactly the target audience of 'Newsbeat', being a self-respecting adult, but there's an article on the front page of the BBC website that pisses me off for at least three different reasons.

The article is presented like this:

tattoo.png

So, first  off, the obvious. The sheer lack of social responsibility that the BBC is employing, when their 'news' aimed at impressionable teenagers presents this absolute bollocks that it might be a sensible career choice to tattoo yourself in a visible area. 

Secondly, upon opening the article, I'm further enraged by the below tattoo. Further justification for anger on this point is clearly not required.

The third, and (perhaps) final thing that pisses me off is that point one has annoyed me to the point that I was very nearly driven to pen a letter to the BBC complaints address regarding their complete disregard for the permanent effects that their ill-judged 'article' may have on impressionable youngsters. Is this how it starts? I imagine that I'll be submitting letters to the editor of the local rag within the year.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

I heard them talking about it on radio 1 news

the headline of a new report says people are missing out on good staff because of being judgemental over tattoos in misleading because of ones like that nandos one, if you've got your kids name tattooed on your arm it's one thing and yeah I'd have a bit of sympathy for you, if you've got cheeky nandos on show during an interview then you're a **** idiot

• Like 2

Watching this programme on Airbnb on tv, bloke moaning they trashed his house, fair enough because they took the piss and left used condoms etc about the place

but the blokes also moaning that they stole an £8k banksy print off his wall...who rents their house out to strangers with valuables like that lying around? Asking for trouble

Just got back from the only massage place in town still open. I go in there and the first thing I see is some girl cleaning the toilet with the door open...older lady leads me to the room and tells me to take off my shirt and lie down face down through the hole in the bed. A woman comes in and says hello and gave me a decent 30 minute massage. When she finished I looked up to thank her and it was the girl who was scrubbing the toilet!

So I pay the older lady $40, and give the girl a $5 tip. The old lady proceeds to shake me down for another $5!

Haha, what a trashy pit that place is...I feel....violated.

Edited by maqroll

The news report on tattoos interviewed a man that pretty much had all of his face tattooed. He said people dont want him wandering round in an office. I suspect he has heard of a thing called an office job and fancied doing it. 

Â