Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Mate of mine text today to say he can't make the Stone Roses gig cause it's his wifes birthday  and she reckons he hadn't told her he was going ( she knew )  ..they had a huge row  and thus he isn't going now !! I

He's already paid for his ticket and he has to pay his share of the hotel room  , so it's gonna cost him £200 to not go 

easy for me to be amazed I guess as Mrs H wouldn't behave like that  ..but really , is this how some people live their relationships 

And to make it worse I bet for her birthday they will do **** all and stay at home  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Genie said:

The clown from eBay has raised a dispute, PayPal have pulled the money forcing it into a negative balance. Crooks, can't believe it's legal... And still the guy won't send me a picture of the problem... Last time I sell anything on eBay.

What's his address?

Let's all post him some dog shit periodically

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Mate of mine text today to say he can't make the Stone Roses gig cause it's his wifes birthday  and she reckons he hadn't told her he was going ( she knew )  ..they had a huge row  and thus he isn't going now !! I

He's already paid for his ticket and he has to pay his share of the hotel room  , so it's gonna cost him £200 to not go 

easy for me to be amazed I guess as Mrs H wouldn't behave like that  ..but really , is this how some people live their relationships 

And to make it worse I bet for her birthday they will do **** all and stay at home  

You'd be surprised mate. A lot of men are complete doormats and most seem to like it. Perhaps their wife is a replacement for a dominant mother.

I've got 2 close mates who are under the thumb and just laugh about it. That makes me angry! 

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

You'd be surprised mate. A lot of men are complete doormats and most seem to like it. Perhaps their wife is a replacement for a dominant mother.

I've got 2 close mates who are under the thumb and just laugh about it. That makes me angry! 

Stockholm syndrome.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Stockholm syndrome.

Terry Waite had more freedom than my mates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Terry Waite had more freedom than my mates. 

As you might know a new crime of coercion has been added to what amounts to domestic abuse, which includes all sorts of controlling behaviour.

Preventing a partner from seeing their friends falls into the definition of controlling behaviour.

The not so amazing thing is that all mentions of it in the papers always assume only a woman can be subject to coercion and psychological bullying from her partner.

Most blokes no different.

Posting a card to family in Cork. bloke at PO counter says "where's it going to ?" ...I say "Cork.....(he looks confused)......Ireland"......he says "southern Ireland ?" which, ok in this case, it actually IS in the south but just because it's not within the so called boundary in the North doesn't  mean it's "southern" (Donegal for example.....like that's "southern" !).

I replied "republic" or if he's being a jobsworth (or is crap at general geography) I say "the free republic". Blank looks were received; completely goes over his head. It's the second biggest city in the country FFS !! I could understand if I was on about a mad little place on the west coast with one bus a day & only 8 pubs in the town square !

• Like 2

On 2 June 2016 at 19:57, Genie said:

The clown from eBay has raised a dispute, PayPal have pulled the money forcing it into a negative balance. Crooks, can't believe it's legal... And still the guy won't send me a picture of the problem... Last time I sell anything on eBay.

My girlfriend is always selling stuff on there, but recently she had sold a couple of things, but neither bidders paid for it after winning. One sent a message to say they'd pay after the weekend, but nothing happened. She put a case in after a while for both to say they hadn't paid. The one got back to my gf saying she was out of order not waiting longer. There was a bit of correspondence in which she called my gf a fat bitch and that she was going to call the police :crylaugh:

6 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

My girlfriend is always selling stuff on there, but recently she had sold a couple of things, but neither bidders paid for it after winning. One sent a message to say they'd pay after the weekend, but nothing happened. She put a case in after a while for both to say they hadn't paid. The one got back to my gf saying she was out of order not waiting longer. There was a bit of correspondence in which she called my gf a fat bitch and that she was going to call the police :crylaugh:

I had to approve the request to return but not heard anything,  I asked if he posted it but no reply. I wonder if he's trying to keep the tablet and get a refund. EBay will probably allow it knowing them... 

My girlfriends case is just a nuisance more than anything. The women has done it repeated times if you go on to her history. Which just highlights how poorly protected sellers are to the con artists and time wasting buyers.

• Like 1

On 3 June 2016 at 22:18, Meath_Villan said:

I Have seen it all tonight....... a grown man walking around tesco wearing a Game of Thrones "hand of the king" badge

Had a guy pull up to me at the lights today, noticed my window was down and he just sat there looking at me saying 'ballsack' over and over again in a really monotonous way.

Also, yesterday I sat at the back of the bus and overheard three women talking. One decided to tell the other two a riddle which doesn't really work typed out but nevertheless:

There are 30 cows in a field, 28 chickens. How many didn't?

The one woman eventually got it after some hints from the one telling the riddle, the other one just didn't get it and the teller gave up trying to explain it.

Think I might move.

On June 3, 2016 at 17:18, Meath_Villan said:

I Have seen it all tonight....... a grown man walking around tesco wearing a Game of Thrones "hand of the king" badge

I saw a grown man dressed as Captain America yesterday. He had a shield made of foam.

Â