Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My nephew's father, who I've always known to be a complete narcissistic scumbag, and who has put my family through the court system at a high cost, and sent my sister's life into total upheaval, finally slipped up after one two many drinks. He sent me a text which he's going to regret in the morning. I'm not gonna say a word to him about it, or use the information if I don't have to, but he knows I hold the cards on him. The word removed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sounds like he fancies you. 

Classic signs. 

That's what I told a friend of mine! I said this dude is deep in the closet...eesh...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adamus said:

People who use the word like too often and when it isn't appropriate.e.g. 'We LIKE decided to on holiday to LIKE Bali but before we could LIKE book had to LIKE call Portia to LIKE check that it was LIKE fine to LIKE confirm the booking.' I was born in Shakespeare's county and I hate butchery of the english language. rocket polishers

Loudon Wainwright III wrote  a great song about it, Cobwebs.   Kinda spoiled part of what's cool about the song by telling you that, because he just sings about the word but never actually mentions it, so you have to figure out what it's about.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

That's what I told a friend of mine! I said this dude is deep in the closet...eesh...

Is that the Maine variety of oafishness?   I always thought it had more to do with being taciturn (taciturnity? taciturnness?)  

My favorite (and only) Mainer joke:

A rich Texan is driving down the highway in Maine and sees an old guy sitting on the porch of a small house.   He asks him, "Is this your place?"   "Yup."   "How big is your property?"  "'Bout 10 acres."   The Texan says, "On my ranch back home I can get in my car in the morning and drive all day and I still won't be at the other end of my property."   The Mainer says, "Yah, I had a car like that once."

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Is that the Maine variety of oafishness?

You'd have to ask him...

My favorite (and only) Mainer joke:

A rich Texan is driving down the highway in Maine and sees an old guy sitting on the porch of a small house.   He asks him, "Is this your place?"   "Yup."   "How big is your property?"  "'Bout 10 acres."   The Texan says, "On my ranch back home I can get in my car in the morning and drive all day and I still won't be at the other end of my property."   The Mainer says, "Yah, I had a car like that once."

An oldie but a goody.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

”ok Google. Navigate home”

I imagine he's talking about the inability to connect to the internet with so many people in the same place (at a guess)

I had a similar problem a few weeks back in Wales. used the sat nav on  my phone to get to our cottage, with no real idea where it was! Then on the way back I tried to use the sat nav but no internet meant no maps or no route, so I was a bit stuck! just drove in a random direction until it connected (which was a long way)

Yeah, I could have prepared by downloading the maps in advance. But I didn't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine he's talking about the inability to connect to the internet with so many people in the same place (at a guess)

I had a similar problem a few weeks back in Wales. used the sat nav on  my phone to get to our cottage, with no real idea where it was! Then on the way back I tried to use the sat nav but no internet meant no maps or no route, so I was a bit stuck! just drove in a random direction until it connected (which was a long way)

Yeah, I could have prepared by downloading the maps in advance. But I didn't.

No signal can be a bummer. That said, a few months ago I was in the outback and had a GPS app with all the maps downloaded so we went for some off road exploring. After a couple of hours or so the map was just a huge area of basically desert. No roads, no tracks, no landmarks. And no phone signal. "What if the ute breaks down now?" ""Jebus, let's try and find our way back to the road"

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

No signal can be a bummer. That said, a few months ago I was in the outback and had a GPS app with all the maps downloaded so we went for some off road exploring. After a couple of hours or so the map was just a huge area of basically desert. No roads, no tracks, no landmarks. And no phone signal. "What if the ute breaks down now?" ""Jebus, let's try and find our way back to the road"

Scary!

Don't know if it was the same on yours, but on Land Rover/Range Rover GPS systems, if you go off road it plots a trail of where you've been on the sat nav, like a make shift road, so even if you lose your way you can always just turn around and follow the trail back.

it's about the only thing their GPS systems are actually good at mind you! We had a team building thing a few weeks back where we did sort of orienteering, but in cars. So we had to go to various points around Warwickshire and get photos of landmarks.

Nearly everyone used their phones instead of the built in sat nav because it's so crap.

Edited by Stevo985

Not being able to get my soundbar set up right.

I was watching a Blu-ray on my PS4 last night and I spent the whole film with remotes in my hand messing with the volume and sound settings, changing the settings on the TV, PS4 and the soundbar itself.

At first I couldn't hear dialogue over the music and sound effects, then I could barely hear the music, then the sync went out a bit, then it started crackling when it went too loud.

I don't get technology. I bought a soundbar, just sound good and loud please.

17 hours ago, maqroll said:

My nephew's father, who I've always known to be a complete narcissistic scumbag, and who has put my family through the court system at a high cost, and sent my sister's life into total upheaval, finally slipped up after one two many drinks. He sent me a text which he's going to regret in the morning. I'm not gonna say a word to him about it, or use the information if I don't have to, but he knows I hold the cards on him. The word removed.

was (s)he hot, at least?

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Not being able to get my soundbar set up right.

I was watching a Blu-ray on my PS4 last night and I spent the whole film with remotes in my hand messing with the volume and sound settings, changing the settings on the TV, PS4 and the soundbar itself.

At first I couldn't hear dialogue over the music and sound effects, then I could barely hear the music, then the sync went out a bit, then it started crackling when it went too loud.

I don't get technology. I bought a soundbar, just sound good and loud please.

Noticing sound quality is a curse.A year ago I was perfectly happy with sound from the built in TV speakers, I didn't really know better until I visited a mate who had an incredible setup. Now I have a soundbar in  the bedroom which I'm not that happy with, and a 5.1 setup in the lounge that I'm constantly fiddling with. I think I have the speakers in the best position, but it's a funny shaped room.I have another 5.1 setup that I need to fit in my office/gaming room, and I'm thinking about getting a third for the bedroom.

The sound quality always seemed fine, but once you experience better, it becomes like watching standard def TV after seeing HD for the first time.

• Like 1

Â