Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Office dress codes on hot days (pipe down Tony, we know your views on this ;))

Men wear trousers, shoes, shirts with a tie being optional. For women, its anything goes. This week I've seen vest tops, summer skirts, crocs, jelly shoes, flip flops, sun hats (!). Its like if an episode of **** Loose Women was filmed on a hot day on Rhyl promenade 

Think I've told this story before.

My office isn't that strict on dress code. Shirt and trousers is fine. No tie or suit needed.

But this girl used to come in in the type of clothes you've described above every day. Flip flops, vest tops, casual skirts etc. Nobody said anything.
We also used to do casual Fridays where everyone used to come in casually. Jeans and T shirt etc.

I very nearly got in trouble when our senior manager called us for a team meeting and said that people were going to have to start dressing smarter. I smirked and looked towards this girl, but then the senior manager said "Ben and Max, you especially dress too casually on a Friday. We're getting rid of casual fridays"

Not a word said about this girl. 

My reply of "YOU WHAT?!" didn't go down too well :D

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

You mean weather wise? I'm in Bristol at the moment, I had a nice sunny spot with a great view of Isambard's handywork before a flock of seagulls* came to ruin it.

*not the band

Indeed. I'd have thought a cold salad (or a bowl of ice cream!) and a cider would have been more fitting today. I class stouts and ales as a winter drink, but then again I am weird. 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Indeed. I'd have thought a cold salad (or a bowl of ice cream!) and a cider would have been more fitting today. I class stouts and ales as a winter drink, but then again I am weird. 

Yeah I tend to agree, however I don't often see murphy's on tap near where I live so I had to go for it while I had the chance.

Ice cream was earlier this afternoon, my seagull scented scallop and chips was my "proper meal" this evening.

This bullshit about the website for registering to vote crashing

Heard someone earlier label the government a shambles, for what? For people ignoring months of being able to register and leaving it until the 11th hour?

It's utter bollocks, I'm sorry but **** them "I haven't had my chance to register and it's not fair" no, you're a lazy **** who left it too late

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This bullshit about the website for registering to vote crashing

Heard someone earlier label the government a shambles, for what? For people ignoring months of being able to register and leaving it until the 11th hour?

It's utter bollocks, I'm sorry but **** them "I haven't had my chance to register and it's not fair" no, you're a lazy **** who left it too late

There's discussion aplenty on the Brexit thread, but long story short I couldn't disagree more. The aim should be to get as many people to vote as possible. The BBC (rightly) spent all day pointing out it was the deadline, it's completely reasonable to hear that and decide to register, or remember they aren't registered at their current address or whatever. 

The issue is with whoever designed the website not making it resilient enough for an inevitable last-minute rush. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

People who leave the remote control next to the device its designed to remotely control.....

My in-laws are visiting and everything is neatly lined up next to the TV - arrrggghhhh :(

i do this.i do it because i'm anal about things being in the right place.i ended it with a pretty hot bird  a few months ago because when she stayed over and used the toothbrush and toothpaste i left for her(couldn't stand her using mine),she wouldn't put it back in the right place.

Edited by krisagg75

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Office dress codes on hot days (pipe down Tony, we know your views on this ;))

And you're the proof I'm right :D

must admit even i felt things had gone too far when the decorator was more smartly dressed than I was today 

P.S - are you watching Billions ? wait until the second to last (I think ) episode when Axe is out pitching ... further proof I'm right :)

Edited by tonyh29

Friend of mine was ranting on Facebook about registering and how long it took etc.  And yet he's already registered to vote ( from his own admission )

fairly sure on that basis he didn't need to ... Wonder how many other people have got this ( mistaken ? )idea that they have to register ?

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah it's not like registering online to vote has been open for two years and to be fair the referendum is hardly being talked about, it's not surprising so many people left it until the last minute

:rolleyes:

You said they were too late - they weren't (at least those who weren't late weren't too late).

If there's a deadline and you're there before the deadline then you're not too late - otherwise what's the point of a deadline?

• Like 2

To be honest, and I'm going to post more about this in the Brexit thread anyway probably, we either have a] registration as late as possible, ideally including on election day itself, or b] compulsory voting. 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

People who don't put their lights on whilst driving in torrential rain on the motorway

Simple rule of thumb for driving.  If your wipers are on, then your headlights should probably be on too.

• Like 3

I'm not usually a fan of clubs changing their badges, but I am liking West Ham's new simpler and cleaner badge, and how it sits on their new away top.

CkfchWIWkAEUBsr.jpg

And yes, this is the right thread for it, because it is slightly pissing me off that I like it :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Simple rule of thumb for driving.  If your wipers are on, then your headlights should probably be on too.

Those people must never look at their dashboard. 

You can tell whether you need your lights by your dash. If you're struggling to see your instruments, then your lights should be on.

If only there was some way in a car to have the lights just come on automatically if it gets darker outside.

I wonder how many cars have cost extras like metallic paint, alloy wheels, cruise, air con, stereo, DAB, power sockets, phone connectivity, electric windows and all that nice expensive stuff. But rely on a knob to control the lights.

• Like 1

It's not just darkness.  It's visibility which is not necessarily the same thing.  As I said.  It's a rule of thumb and 'probably' what needs to happen.  You leave it up to the driver and hope they're not stupid.

Â