Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I still get annoyed thinking about detentions or telling offs I got that at school that I didn't deserve.

I think most of my teachers preempted that me or the class were going to misbehave. I never really felt like I was able to enjoy school even if I wanted to, the whole thing seemed like a punishment. Some other people's recollections of school seem miles away from mine.

Saying all that, I'd love to go back and do it all again knowing what I know now. I'm still a bit of a wet, but I was even more so back then.

Golfers. I have played the sport once and after hacking around for half an hour I hit a sweet shot right down the fairway.  My mate who is an experienced player turned to me and said that's what golf is all about.. You don't know why you hit that sweetly and the trick it to repeat it again and again.  I knew right then I would never play golf again because I really didn't give a flying t0ss why I had hit the ball sweetly. 

But the reason golfers piss me off is because of their obsession in reliving ever dull stroke of every dull hole the day after they play and hearing them talking about all of the silly petty rules which they mainly see as good and proper without seeing what a load of nonsense it all is.  Sounds like an almost institutionalised form of bullying designed to catch people out so they can be punished and ridiculed to me.  Really pisses me off and I am glad I have no part of it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Golfers. I have played the sport once and after hacking around for half an hour I hit a sweet shot right down the fairway.  My mate who is an experienced player turned to me and said that's what golf is all about.. You don't know why you hit that sweetly and the trick it to repeat it again and again.  I knew right then I would never play golf again because I really didn't give a flying t0ss why I had hit the ball sweetly. 

But the reason golfers piss me off is because of their obsession in reliving ever dull stroke of every dull hole the day after they play and hearing them talking about all of the silly petty rules which they mainly see as good and proper without seeing what a load of nonsense it all is.  Sounds like an almost institutionalised form of bullying designed to catch people out so they can be punished and ridiculed to me.  Really pisses me off and I am glad I have no part of it 

I took up golf last year and I enjoy it but there's been a huge amount about it that has been enough to put me off playing anymore.

Playing at Dudley Golf Course over Christmas time, someone told my brother in law off for his shirt being un-tucked at the back. He had it tucked in, but it had come out a bit when he bent over to pick up his ball earlier on.

Apparently it's how non-members get treated by members on some courses. Arseholes.

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I took up golf last year and I enjoy it but there's been a huge amount about it that has been enough to put me off playing anymore.

Playing at Dudley Golf Course over Christmas time, someone told my brother in law off for his shirt being un-tucked at the back. He had it tucked in, but it had come out a bit when he bent over to pick up his ball earlier on.

Apparently it's how non-members get treated by members on some courses. Arseholes.

Some courses are very strict on that sort of stuff. I got "told off" at the Warwickshire (coincidentally the club our new manager is a member of!) for the exact same thing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I had no consistency when I used to play pitch & putt.  I'd hit it sweet one minute and then doing exactly the same things as before, I'd miss it, or send it careering off to the left with no idea as to why.  It's an absolutely infuriating game.  Being a left-hander didn't help when the club only had one wonky set of left handed clubs.  Like you, I didn't care why I had hit it sweetly.  And the most important thing to me was that I always started golf in a far better mood than when I finished it.  I couldn't wait to get off the course at the end, and that to me is not how I want to spend my spare time.  So, yeah, you'll never get me on to any kind of golf course ever again.  Absolutely shit game.

• Like 1

I used to be a member at Foxhills gym , which is also attached to the golf club ... I got told off for wearing jeans to go to the gym and once went I wanted to hack a few balls on the driving range I got told by the Saturday spotty kid that I didn't have the proper attire  ... Both instances I did what rich clearings in the woods do and acted all indignant and put the person in his place

but I got my membership money back and left the club shortly after as it left a bad taste

Now I go to a gym in Chertsey where if you are wearing a T-shirt and don't have 27 chav like tattoo's you are considered posh

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm no workout gear snob, but you shouldn't be wearing jeans at the gym :D

You want to tell that to Ask Ketchum, he was wearing jeans in gyms when he was at his peak!

Moving some fire doors and managed to catch my thumb between the wall and the corner edge of the door. Cue much swearing and shouting. Proud owner of an ever increasingly bruised thumbnail now. 

51 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Moving some fire doors and managed to catch my thumb between the wall and the corner edge of the door. Cue much swearing and shouting. Proud owner of an ever increasingly bruised thumbnail now. 

I once took a fire door off to get something through and I can confidently say I've never underestimated somethings weight so badly.

• Like 1

The clown from eBay has raised a dispute, PayPal have pulled the money forcing it into a negative balance. Crooks, can't believe it's legal... And still the guy won't send me a picture of the problem... Last time I sell anything on eBay.

Â