Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

A photo in the "What you eatin' there then?" thread reminded me of something that drives me mental.  Restaurants who serve your food on wooden platters or slate and most especially put about 3 chips in a mini bucket

What's wrong with a bl00dy Plate?  Plates are brilliant for eating off,  they have been designed over many years to be the perfect implement for eating food off. 

Platters and slates mean you end up spilling half the food off the side and they always look a bit dirty to me same as the mini buckets. They always look rather grimy. Plates are easy to clean and the slanted or curved sides keep the food in place. 

Pretentious sh;te those things.  Just give me a plate any day of the week

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A photo in the "What you eatin' there then?" thread reminded me of something that drives me mental.  Restaurants who serve your food on wooden platters or slate and most especially put about 3 chips in a mini bucket

What's wrong with a bl00dy Plate?  Plates are brilliant for eating off,  they have been designed over many years to be the perfect implement for eating food off. 

Platters and slates mean you end up spilling half the food off the side and they always look a bit dirty to me same as the mini buckets. They always look rather grimy. Plates are easy to clean and the slanted or curved sides keep the food in place. 

Pretentious sh;te those things.  Just give me a plate any day of the week

Not a fan of breakfast served on a shovel then?

Firemans-Breakfast.jpg

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Not a fan of breakfast served on a shovel the?

Firemans-Breakfast.jpg

No... What a load of bleedin nonsense.  I have always called a spade a plate 

• Like 3

I had an epiphany yesterday: When I was in 8th grade and 14 years old, the head janitor cut through my lock to access my locker, where we'd keep our books and clothes and whatnot. He did it because the principal and "nurse" told him to. They were convinced I was on drugs. They pulled me from class and interrogated me about the different kinds of drugs I was taking. They were convinced of it. But at age 14, I'd never taken any illegal drug. What I was at the time was challenging to them personally and or professionally somehow. They knew they couldn't control me the way they wanted to or the way they wanted me to think they did. Cowardly people. I **** hated school.

Edited by maqroll

17 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Not being able to get my soundbar set up right.

I was watching a Blu-ray on my PS4 last night and I spent the whole film with remotes in my hand messing with the volume and sound settings, changing the settings on the TV, PS4 and the soundbar itself.

At first I couldn't hear dialogue over the music and sound effects, then I could barely hear the music, then the sync went out a bit, then it started crackling when it went too loud.

I don't get technology. I bought a soundbar, just sound good and loud please.

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Noticing sound quality is a curse.A year ago I was perfectly happy with sound from the built in TV speakers, I didn't really know better until I visited a mate who had an incredible setup. Now I have a soundbar in  the bedroom which I'm not that happy with, and a 5.1 setup in the lounge that I'm constantly fiddling with. I think I have the speakers in the best position, but it's a funny shaped room.I have another 5.1 setup that I need to fit in my office/gaming room, and I'm thinking about getting a third for the bedroom.

The sound quality always seemed fine, but once you experience better, it becomes like watching standard def TV after seeing HD for the first time.

This is one of the symptoms of Dad Syndrome.

Constantly messing with the TV to improve the picture or sound and just succeeding in making it impossible to watch the programme altogether.

The more complicated TVs get the more there is to mess with. :)

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I had an epiphany yesterday: When I was in 8th grade and 14 years old, the head janitor cut through my lock to access my locker, where we'd keep our books and clothes and whatnot. He did it because the principal and "nurse" told him to. They were convinced I was on drugs. They pulled me from class and interrogated me about the different kinds of drugs I was taking. They were convinced of it. But at age 14, I'd never taken any illegal drug. What I was at the time was challenging to them personally and or professionally somehow. They knew they couldn't control me the way they wanted to or the way they wanted me to think they did. Cowardly people. I **** hated school.

Sounds like you were a little shit to be fair.

Just sit down, learn, get some qualifications, leave and do whatever you want.  Until then, just go through the process as easy as possible. 

How can anyone hate school? Around your mates everyday, finish at 3 (1.30 on Fridays at mine), have a week off every few weeks, 6 weeks off for summer.

**** me, I wish I was back + YOU GET TO LEARN (mostly) cool shit.

My experience of school was probably about 80% good, 20% bad. But even the bad shit teaches you something about dealing with what life throws at you. 

But I'll tell you what pissed me off - all this talk of finishing at 3.00 pm. We finished at 4.00, and I assumed that was the norm. When I found out that some kids finished earlier, I was outraged.

• Like 2

Sold a tablet on eBay, mint condition barely used. All boxed, even had the little plastic bags that the items all slotted into. Worked perfectly.

Buyer this morning "Its faulty, I'm sending it back". I asked why, he said "screen keeps going white and flickering". I asked for a picture or a video of the problem but he's refusing as he says he's already packed it up.

He sounds like a right pain in the backside.

The listed actually states "no returns" in one of the eBay fields but I guess he'll shortly raise a Paypal dispute on me which they'll force a refund.

If they do it'll be the last time I ever sell anything on eBay.

Selling stuff on ebay is asking to be ripped off. I'll buy stuff on there, but never sell. Ebay and Paypal only look after buyers, and there are enough unscrupulous tossers on there who know it. If I have anything big to shift I list it on ebay but collection and cash only.

I wouldn't be surprised if after he opens the dispute the tablet gets lost in the post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Sounds like you were a little shit to be fair.

Just sit down, learn, get some qualifications, leave and do whatever you want.  Until then, just go through the process as easy as possible. 

How can anyone hate school? Around your mates everyday, finish at 3 (1.30 on Fridays at mine), have a week off every few weeks, 6 weeks off for summer.

**** me, I wish I was back + YOU GET TO LEARN (mostly) cool shit.

I loved school. 

I'd love to relive my life from the age of about 12 onwards.

• Like 2

School for me was mostly shit, with some good moments. It's telling that I still keep in touch with only four people I went to school with. College on the other hand was ******* awesome, as was University.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Selling stuff on ebay is asking to be ripped off. I'll buy stuff on there, but never sell. Ebay and Paypal only look after buyers, and there are enough unscrupulous tossers on there who know it. If I have anything big to shift I list it on ebay but collection and cash only.

I wouldn't be surprised if after he opens the dispute the tablet gets lost in the post.

Well he's told me it has a screen flickering problem and it goes white. I don't believe that for a second. Not sure how he's going to play it now. He's stopped messaging me. Not sure he's going to be able to induce these issues into the tablet. I have a suspicion the next email I get will be from Paypal as a 'dispute' opened against me. As it states returns not accepted I'd like to think its tough on his part but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

School for me was mostly shit, with some good moments. It's telling that I still keep in touch with only four people I went to school with. College on the other hand was ******* awesome, as was University.

That sounds similar to my experience. I went to a school that I was ill-equipped for so hated it. Left for 6th form and got a bit lost. Both stints at University were fantastic though, especially the second time around as I had a few years of life experience and a 4 or 5 years of working under my belt by that time. I guess it showed how sheltered and naive I'd been in my earlier years.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Well he's told me it has a screen flickering problem and it goes white. I don't believe that for a second. Not sure how he's going to play it now. He's stopped messaging me. Not sure he's going to be able to induce these issues into the tablet. I have a suspicion the next email I get will be from Paypal as a 'dispute' opened against me. As it states returns not accepted I'd like to think its tough on his part but I doubt it.

He just sent me an email just saying "I'm going through eBay now".

It was delivered on Satuday but apparently he only looked at it for the first time this morning and it has these faults...

Â