Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If only there was some way in a car to have the lights just come on automatically if it gets darker outside.

I wonder how many cars have cost extras like metallic paint, alloy wheels, cruise, air con, stereo, DAB, power sockets, phone connectivity, electric windows and all that nice expensive stuff. But rely on a knob to control the lights.

I think the polite phrase to use in these PC times is Mercedes driver

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If only there was some way in a car to have the lights just come on automatically if it gets darker outside.

I wonder how many cars have cost extras like metallic paint, alloy wheels, cruise, air con, stereo, DAB, power sockets, phone connectivity, electric windows and all that nice expensive stuff. But rely on a knob to control the lights.

I think I'd value all of those things over automatic headlights.

• Like 1

Here, everybody drives with headlights on 24/7 (by law since 1977) eliminating the problem altogether. The only thing that has disrupted the pattern are indeed the automatic ones (not covered by law). And the automatic ones does fail in both rain and fog, thus making them useless. Especially dangerous are those cars without the tail-lights switched on when visibility drops. How those aren't mandatory I will never understand. Its cars in your own lane FFS.

I prefer our "always on" system to prevent problems of faulty sensors and stupid people

Edited by Tegis

22 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I prefer our "always on" system to prevent problems of faulty sensors and stupid people

Not to mention the boost in profits to motor factors :)

I made a really short trip in the car yesterday, I live in a really bright area and it was still pretty light out. I put on my sidelights so the instruments were a little clearer (but not really necessary, I could have read a book in the car easily) and so I was slightly more visible, not that I really needed it. I had someone flash me. I put the proper headlights on just to see if it really was needed and I had someone else flash me. words removed.

Just now, BOF said:

Not to mention the boost in profits to motor factors :)

My bulbs wear out roughly every 3 years or so and costs 2 quid. I can live with that. Those xenon lights are a different story but I would never have those anyway. Don't see the point in paying a 500 quid addon (and 50 quid for a replacement) just to annoy oncoming traffic.

Fuel-consumption increases with 0.5-1 % depending on bulb-type and carsize. I'll take that too.

• Like 1

Just now, Tegis said:

My bulbs wear out roughly every 3 years or so and costs 2 quid. I can live with that. Those xenon lights are a different story but I would never have those anyway. Don't see the point in paying a 500 quid addon (and 50 quid for a replacement) just to annoy oncoming traffic.

Fuel-consumption increases with 0.5-1 % depending on bulb-type and carsize. I'll take that too.

I think it was on VT that I heard lightbulbs or bulbs in general make up something like 75-80% of motor factors revenue in Scandinavia.  I thought it might have been you who said it, but it might have been someone else.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think it was on VT that I heard lightbulbs or bulbs in general make up something like 75-80% of motor factors revenue in Scandinavia.  I thought it might have been you who said it, but it might have been someone else.

Have no idea. Sounds a bit high when you factor break-pads, spark-plugs, tyres and what not that wears out on cars.

Anyway, on topic, Cutomers who want something fixed but doesn't answer questions required for said fix to get done.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It's not just darkness.  It's visibility which is not necessarily the same thing.  As I said.  It's a rule of thumb and 'probably' what needs to happen.  You leave it up to the driver and hope they're not stupid.

exactly that, the spray was that bad the only thing i could see of some cars was the tail lights, i dont even consider turning them on as beneficial for my own visibility, its so other cars can see me

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I made a really short trip in the car yesterday, I live in a really bright area and it was still pretty light out. I put on my sidelights so the instruments were a little clearer (but not really necessary, I could have read a book in the car easily) and so I was slightly more visible, not that I really needed it. I had someone flash me. I put the proper headlights on just to see if it really was needed and I had someone else flash me. words removed.

it will be you trying to read a book whilst driving.

• Like 1

I know it would probably be bad for business, but I would love someone to come out with something like the following, after an incident like that.

Jawbone would like to apologise for grossly underestimating just how **** stupid humanity has gotten recently.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I know it would probably be bad for business, but I would love someone to come out with something like the following, after an incident like that.

Jawbone would like to apologise for grossly underestimating just how **** stupid humanity has gotten recently.

that's what I liked about the aussie warden speaking after the woman got eaten by a croc when he said "You can't legislate against human stupidity ,If you go in swimming at 10 o'clock at night, you're going to get consumed"

probably little comfort for the family  , but at least he didn't try and blame the croc

• Like 2

11 hours ago, penguin said:

The depressingly large amount of people in modern society who are on a perpetual quest to be offended certainly piss me off. 

Anybody can be offended by anything if they so choose...and yes, a lot do choose, on behalf of other people too!

See 'steve hughes - I'm offended' on youtube

:D

I'd say people do it for two reasons: because they're stupid and/or for the holier than thou attention-seeking when they take to social media to complain about it.

And anyone who use reason or facts to argue against them just get labelled insensitive and mean. Morons.

13 hours ago, penguin said:

The depressingly large amount of people in modern society who are on a perpetual quest to be offended certainly piss me off. 

How dare you be so insensitive? Oh you're gonna get it now. I'm going to get all my online friends to troll and abuse you because you said something I didn't agree with. 

Join the anti-penguin league!

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I'd say people do it for two reasons: because they're stupid and/or for the holier than thou attention-seeking when they take to social media to complain about it.

And anyone who use reason or facts to argue against them just get labelled insensitive and mean. Morons.

I'd also add there may be a financial angle as well as people who get offended easily are always looking for something for nothing. 

Â