Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

47 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It's kind of like my previous pet hate in this thread of "Cheers mate"   every time you hold a door open for someone etc

How about just a nod or a Thank You , we aren't acquainted so thus aren't mates at this particular juncture in time ... buy me a drink , a little dancing and who knows where things may lead , but for now It's just a door that I held open for you

In B F Skinner's utopian novel Walden Two no one in the community thanked anyone for anything.

All evidence suggests that the younger generation think that that is the way to go.

So just give it time. :)

• Like 1

My girlfriend's brother is a right knob.

He blocked my laptop and phone from the family wifi so he could play online games. He doesn't have a job or go to uni. He's 24.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He blocked my laptop and phone from the family wifi so he could play online games. He doesn't have a job or go to uni. He's 24.

Get noisy when you shag his sister, then wander out just wearing a union jack t-shirt, drink the milk in the fridge straight from the bottle, belch, scratch your nuts, wipe hand on milk bottle, return to bedroom.

If that doesn't wind him up and show him who's top dog, **** his dad.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Unscrew the phone socket from the wall, cut a wire or 2 and then replace. That should slow him down for a while.

On 07/06/2016 at 12:39, tonyh29 said:

It's kind of like my previous pet hate in this thread of "Cheers mate"   every time you hold a door open for someone etc

How about just a nod or a Thank You , we aren't acquainted so thus aren't mates at this particular juncture in time ... buy me a drink , a little dancing and who knows where things may lead , but for now It's just a door that I held open for you

I once had a boss who when speaking to one of the lads was referred to as 'mate'

"I am not your mate." were his words.

Yeah, he was a tosser.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sitting in an office on a lovely summer's day...freezing your nutsack off because off the bastarding air conditioning and the sweaty fatties who need the...thing on.

It's the opposite here. The aircon is goosed and it's been 28 - 31 degrees all week in this building. I hate air con anyway, but when it will only blow hot air into a hot building on a hot day, I hate it more.

19 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

What are you doing on your laptop that **** up his gaming? :P 

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What are you doing on your laptop that **** up his gaming? :P 

Judging by Stefan's connection on his PS4 when he stayed at his gf's house, I imagine opening a text only email would melt the router.

• Like 1

Tried to drive a mile and half to take the nipper to her self defence class, 20 minutes later haven't gone a mile. decide to try going around and coming the other way but no gridlocked everywhere. Realise we've nearly missed half the lesson already and nowhere near getting there. Turn back home and there in 2 minutes.

Also, what's with everyone driving in the middle off the road? stick to your own lane you words removed

Working from home when I'm really busy - just feel so disconnected.

I was fine first thing but then an absolute avalanche of work came in and I'd have been better placed to sort it out in the office. Now it means a long day tomorrow

Seagull attack on my scampi & chips, creating a bit of scene for onlookers. The seagulls were scared off and the meal was successfully defended, but a pint of murphy's was the innocent victim during the fracas.

I'm declaring it a pyrrhic victory.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sitting in an office on a lovely summer's day...freezing your nutsack off because of the bastarding air conditioning and the sweaty fatties who need the **** thing on.

Oh, that would be the 'sexist' air con in action

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sitting in an office on a lovely summer's day...freezing your nutsack off because of the bastarding air conditioning and the sweaty fatties who need the **** thing on.

This.

Also adding one idiot wants the lights on so I have glare from a bright light shining on my screen giving me a headache all day.

29 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Seagull attack on my scampi & chips, creating a bit of scene for onlookers. The seagulls were scared off and the meal was successfully defended, but a pint of murphy's was the innocent victim during the fracas.

I'm declaring it a pyrrhic victory.

Scampi and chips and a pint of stout! On a day like today? 

Office dress codes on hot days (pipe down Tony, we know your views on this ;))

Men wear trousers, shoes, shirts with a tie being optional. For women, its anything goes. This week I've seen vest tops, summer skirts, crocs, jelly shoes, flip flops, sun hats (!). Its like if an episode of **** Loose Women was filmed on a hot day on Rhyl promenade 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Scampi and chips and a pint of stout! On a day like today? 

You mean weather wise? I'm in Bristol at the moment, I had a nice sunny spot with a great view of Isambard's handywork before a flock of seagulls* came to ruin it.

*not the band

Â