Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Well he's told me it has a screen flickering problem and it goes white. I don't believe that for a second. Not sure how he's going to play it now. He's stopped messaging me. Not sure he's going to be able to induce these issues into the tablet. I have a suspicion the next email I get will be from Paypal as a 'dispute' opened against me. As it states returns not accepted I'd like to think its tough on his part but I doubt it.

"No returns" doesn't cover your back much, really, they can still return it if they claim it's "not as described", and ebay don't check and ask for evidence, they'll just tell you to refund it. Paypal will do the same.

Any buyer on ebay can **** you over, the odds are stacked against you.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

"No returns" doesn't cover your back much, really, they can still return it if they claim it's "not as described", and ebay don't check and ask for evidence, they'll just tell you to refund it. Paypal will do the same.

Any buyer on ebay can **** you over, the odds are stacked against you.

Yes I know it, and seemingly this prick does too. I didn't put that on there to be difficult, It was on by default I think. TBH, if I'd have seen this field I'd have probably changed it to returns accepted as it was mint, boxed and working perfectly.

I've said every time that I want to help and to show me the problem, he is refusing to do it. I'm not telling him "tough, no returns". I actually said to show me the problem and I'll help him out. Very annoying.

Edited by Genie

I stopped selling on ebay after I sold a phone on there in fully working order. 3 **** weeks later the guy says it didn't work when it arrived. He posted it back with the screen smashed to shit like he'd taken a hammer to it, obviously ebay/Paypal told me to refund him. That was the final straw after a good quarter of my sales being "lost in the post".

I'd already withdrawn the cash so I just never used Paypal again, I still occasionally get threatening emails from them because I owe them the money, **** them.

I stopped selling when I got a negative review.

I sold my PS3 boxed with a shit load of games, bluetooth headset, 3 charging cables, 6 controllers (two were slightly damaged but that was clearly in the description). The works.

The negative review was because one of the charging cables was faulty.

COME ON!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Sounds like you were a little shit to be fair.

Just sit down, learn, get some qualifications, leave and do whatever you want.  Until then, just go through the process as easy as possible. 

How can anyone hate school? Around your mates everyday, finish at 3 (1.30 on Fridays at mine), have a week off every few weeks, 6 weeks off for summer.

**** me, I wish I was back + YOU GET TO LEARN (mostly) cool shit.

U WOT M8?
Edited by AVFCDAN

Teachers definitely didn't like being challenged about anything, they were right 100% of the time.

Unsurprisingly the best ones were the ones that allowed you to question them and why you were doing certain things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

U WOT M8?

"Flexi Fridays" - as they were known.  Where you do 1 lesson per day.

Amazing for P.E days, Maths not so much :D

We finished at 3.15, so they added up the 15 mins extra we did, and took them off the Friday (nearly haha).

Was good fun.

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Teachers definitely didn't like being challenged about anything, they were right 100% of the time.

Unsurprisingly the best ones were the ones that allowed you to question them and why you were doing certain things.

I had a geography teacher who casually mentioned (while talking about Germany) that WWII ended in 1944. 

"You mean 1945", I said. And he went off on one about what the hell would a 16 year old know, who wasn't even born then. "OK", I shrugged, "ask one of the history teachers when you're in the staff room". 

TBF, he had the decency to apologise next lesson.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

I was a nightmare to teach if I'm honest , wouldn't pay attention , always playing the fool ... thing is I could look out the window chewing gum  whilst reading a book and still pick things up , same way that I sit at my desk with a radio on , watching the tennis , whilst writing this post and working on a proposal document  ... I don't know any other way to work

but at school that just made me a disruptive child and sent to the headmaster :)

Best thing about school days was my friends , who I still see regularly nearly 30 years on

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Sold a tablet on eBay, mint condition barely used. All boxed, even had the little plastic bags that the items all slotted into. Worked perfectly.

Buyer this morning "Its faulty, I'm sending it back". I asked why, he said "screen keeps going white and flickering". I asked for a picture or a video of the problem but he's refusing as he says he's already packed it up.

He sounds like a right pain in the backside.

The listed actually states "no returns" in one of the eBay fields but I guess he'll shortly raise a Paypal dispute on me which they'll force a refund.

If they do it'll be the last time I ever sell anything on eBay.

Make sure he sends the actual item back - not a different one. go by serial number obviously. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Haha that was my pic, they don't have time for plates in that place, metal tray with a piece of grease proof paper on it, that's your lot

Agree with the mini buckets for your chips though

Mini buckets? Sooooo last year.

All about the mini fryers now

51YORJKcjmL.jpg

• Like 1

School was fine until Year 9, but I hated the GCSE years. I was bullied, constantly, and I mostly hate even thinking about it. Probably the worst two years of my life. I couldn't wait to leave and go to college, which I did even though my school had a 6th form, and the minute I learned how low the entry requirements for college were I immediately kicked back, dossed and wasted my time in between humiliations. The day I could finally tell them all to **** off without consequence and know - for real - that I'd never set foot on the property again, I remember how glorious that day was. 

**** place. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was a nightmare to teach if I'm honest , wouldn't pay attention , always playing the fool ... thing is I could look out the window chewing gum  whilst reading a book and still pick things up , same way that I sit at my desk with a radio on , watching the tennis , whilst writing this post and working on a proposal document  ... I don't know any other way to work

but at school that just made me a disruptive child and sent to the headmaster :)

Best thing about school days was my friends , who I still see regularly nearly 30 years on

You would be the perfect pupil these days because you would be on Ritalin.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was going to a class of 86 reunion on Friday but have had to drop out as my mother in law is very ill. 

We did one about 15 years ago and another about 8 months ago and have now decided to do them more regularly. The one 8 months ago was very reminiscent of school days we were all rushing round selly oak kings Norton and stirchley trying to find a pub who would serve us as it was gone midnight. 

School wasn't terrible for me, just a bit rubbish, particularly Years 9 to 11. I was a bit awkward around those school years, not bullied as such but next to no confidence.

We had a three school system - first, middle and high school. Year 8 was the best as I remember it, the last one before high school. The last time of being one of the big kids without having exams to deal with. 

But my memory might be influenced by other factors, it was 1995/96 so it ties in with Villa being rather good, I was 12/13 so also getting properly into music and noticing girls more.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Mini buckets? Sooooo last year.

All about the mini fryers now

51YORJKcjmL.jpg

Yeah I actually almost mentioned them when talking about the chip bucket but hipocritically I do find those quite cute. 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Make sure he sends the actual item back - not a different one. go by serial number obviously. 

He's gone quiet, after saying he's going to refuse to send any evidence of the fault and report it to eBay/PayPal...

3 hours ago, Genie said:

He's gone quiet, after saying he's going to refuse to send any evidence of the fault and report it to eBay/PayPal...

It's because I have given up now. Sorry for the inconvenience 

• Like 1

Â