Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, Jon said:

circular disc shaped tablets. I can't for the life of me swallow those feckers without them getting stuck and me retching

mTl9yPv0p3YAg-6RgPYO77w.jpg

Edited by tonyh29
Smaller image as the other one was the size of Frank Lampard

On 09/04/2016 at 16:25, Rodders said:

my partner has sent me a photo of herself, with the text: Notice anything different?

Nope. Not one bit. Can't see a darned thing. 

Very annoying. Having to now phrase a generic compliment. Was going to say "you look lovely" but that would have been an accidental backhanded compliment. 

You're a bloke.  The answer is "No".  Don't play her games.

2 hours ago, Jon said:

circular disc shaped tablets. I can't for the life of me swallow those feckers without them getting stuck and me retching

Are you sure they aren't a suppository?

Conference call arranged today: 13:00 - 14:00 hours

I was already fuming when I dialled in. Who arranges that over the core lunch period? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I was already fuming when I dialled in. Who arranges that over the core lunch period? 

When I get invited to meetings, there's a "decline" option.

• Like 1

Had no choice, it was Senior Management in London. 

Well, I tell a lie, I did have a choice but it would have gone down like the Hindenburg!

I've been working as a software tester for the last year or so. It's good fun, nothing is ever my problem, I just have to find ways in which things are broken, it's great (ok, there's a little more to it than this). I talk to my family about work constantly. I even moved to a new company a few months ago, so it was a never ending topic of discussion

I visited home this week, a friend of the family was there, who I've never really spoken to. "So, your mum tells me you're an IT director now?" :mellow:

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've been working as a software tester for the last year or so. It's good fun, nothing is ever my problem, I just have to find ways in which things are broken, it's great (ok, there's a little more to it than this). I talk to my family about work constantly. I even moved to a new company a few months ago, so it was a never ending topic of discussion

I visited home this week, a friend of the family was there, who I've never really spoken to. "So, your mum tells me you're an IT director now?" :mellow:

I do this job. I hardly ever talk about my work as i know how much my wifes work talk bores me. 

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I do this job. I hardly ever talk about my work as i know how much my wifes work talk bores me. 

I generally stick to that rule, with friends, partners (when I have one :P ), and I used to just answer with "fine" when parents asked, but they got all pissy and moaned I never tell them anything, and seem happy with pretending to listen to the tedious details now that I tell them how my day was, even though it's clearly being ignored.

Anyway, today wasn't a great day. Four words that should never be used together. Explosive diarrhea, public toilet.

My missus' work talk bores me because she uses names fully expecting me to know who the **** these people are

When I talk about work it's my boss, the big boss, the bloke I sit next to, the receptionist etc

• Like 2

Went to a fancy French restaurant tonight.  All I wanted was a steak and the bastard waiter kept on trying to get me to eat this fillet minion.  I've seen the minions and I don't want no bastard yellow meat.

• Like 3

Of all **** weeks for this to happen, Im in the process of buying a house, and the end of the week I've got to pay out over  a grand in solicitors fees, a first mortgage payment that's likely to be the thick end of a grand and still pay the rent on our current house until the end of the month when on the way to work my van died 5 miles from work, AA came out and said it was the fuel pump, towed me to a garage who phoned me back to say  it's **** and could run into the hundreds to fix it, so I've also had to spend £200 hiring a van for the week.

On 4/12/2016 at 13:25, Xela said:

Americans... all the #$!%$@! time

Â